InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Woman Scorned ❯ Surprise Inu-yasha! ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"Damn it! Where the hell could she have gone?" Inu-yasha snarled as he leaped out of the well. After a frustrating visit to Kagome's time, Inu-yasha discovered that Kagome had left sometime the day before to return here. But where had she disappeared to in between here and Kaede's village?

"When did she leave to return here Inu-yasha?" Miroku asked in a serious voice. He was worried about his friend. She should have returned to them by now to continue the hunt for Naraku and the jewel shards.

"Do you think she saw you and your…undead slut together?" Sango asked in a furious tone of voice. Inu-yasha glared at the demon exterminator but said nothing. He had a horrible feeling that she had and that she had also overheard what he had said about her.

"Feh, whatever. She'll come back when she realizes that she can't defend herself," was all he said before disappearing into the forest, leaving two extremely angry humans and two angry demons behind.

 

Two days later, Kagome approached Lord Sesshomaru's castle nervously, not sure about what was going to happen. She knew that at best, Sesshomaru would refuse to see her and send her off his lands. At worst, he would kill her just for daring to show up on his lands in the first place.

`Damn you Inu-yasha. If it wasn't for you and that whore Kikyo, I wouldn't be here,' Kagome thought bitterly as she once again adjusted the extremely heavy backpack on her shoulders and approached the gates. Before she could say a word though, the guards smiled at her and opened the gates, allowing her to pass through to the castle.

`Okay, that was a little scary,' she thought as she slowly approached the front doors. No sooner had she reached them, then they were opened by the Lord of the Western Lands himself. Kagome jumped and blushed as a smirk crossed Sesshomaru's normally expressionless face.

"Are you lost Miko, or do you have some reason for seeking this Sesshomaru out?" he asked in a cold voice. He watched as the young woman swallowed nervously before gathering her courage around her like a shield.

"I wish to make a deal with you," she said in a low voice. If Sesshomaru's hearing hadn't been so good, he might not have heard her at all. Silently, he stepped to the side and gestured for her to enter, closing the door behind her like the door to a cage.

 

"Okay, now I'm really worried about Kagome," Sango said two days later. She had been missing for at least four days and everyone except Inu-yasha seemed worried about her. Inu-yasha was his usual cold and uncaring self, running off to dally with his undead whore whenever she beckoned. Miroku and Sango had been discussing the possibility of sneaking off with Shippo and Kirara and looking for Kagome themselves.

"Feh, we don't need her. I can always have…" Inu-yasha didn't get a chance to finish that statement before he was knocked senseless by Sango's boomerang. Miroku's staff added another knot to his head as well.

"Now that we have that settled, what are we going to do?" Miroku asked, ignoring the swirly eyed hanyou on the ground. A faint cry from Shippo swiftly caught their attention.

 

"Are you sure that you wish to go through with this Miko?" Sesshomaru asked one final time before they landed in Kaede's village. Kagome clung tightly to him, her eyes tightly closed. She had just suddenly discovered a new found fear of heights.

"Hai Sesshomaru-sama," she whispered. With a faint smirk, the demon Lord tightened his hold on the young woman and began to bring them gently to the ground. Once Kagome felt solid ground under her feet, she let go of Sesshomaru and bowed to him before turning and facing her worried friends.

"Hi guys what's going on?" she asked in a somewhat cheerful voice. Sango and Miroku weren't fooled though for they could see the deep pain and anger in her eyes.

"Kagome, where have you been? Are you hurt?" Sango asked, quickly checking her friend for injuries while keeping an uneasy eye on Sesshomaru at the same time. She didn't know what he had been doing with Kagome, but if the bastard had hurt her in any way he would have to answer to her.

Miroku in the meantime was standing chest to chest with the Inuyouki, silently daring him to make a move. Sesshomaru merely raised an eyebrow before turning to Kagome. Before anyone could say anything though, a red blur shot in between Kagome and Sesshomaru.

"You bastard what are you doing here?" Inu-yasha snarled one hand on the hilt of the Tetsaugia. Sesshomaru merely smirked and once again looked at Kagome. Inu-yasha turned to her and was startled to find her watching him with something close to hate written on her face.

"K-Kagome, what's going on?" he asked in a hurt voice. But deep inside he knew. She had overheard his conversation with Kikyo.

Kagome stared at the silver haired hanyou she had once loved with all of her heart. All she felt now was bitterness and pain as she recalled his words to Kikyo. The memory alone gave her the strength to go on with her plan.

"I met up with Sesshomaru while I was out walking in the woods and we struck a deal. In exchange for his helping us to defeat Naraku, he gets the completed Shikon jewel," she said in a cold tone of voice. She could feel the shocked stares of Sango and Miroku and for a moment wavered. It was Inu-yasha's next words that hardened her resolve to see the plan through.

"No fucking way! I haven't worked this hard and got this far to lose the jewel to this bastard!" Inu-yasha snarled. Kagome felt another pang in her heart at the fact that he was more concerned about the jewel than whatever else Sesshomaru might want. She sucked in a deep breath, her chocolate brown eyes blazing with anger. Inu-yasha's ears flattened against his skull, for he knew what was coming next.

"SIT! SIT! SIT! SIT! SIT!" with each sit the hole in the ground underneath the helpless hanyou became bigger. Finally, Kagome stepped over the groaning half demon and made her way towards an empty hut, Sesshomaru and the others following close behind her. They would leave early the next morning to finish collecting the jewel shards and battle Naraku once and for all.