InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Accident Prone ❯ One-Shot

[ A - All Readers ]

Accident Prone
It started with an accident. So many times they'd been in battles, and so many times they could only stand by as Inuyasha and Kagome did the work. And so many times a stray attack had headed towards them. And most of these times, they'd managed to knock each other down. More than once of most of these times, their lips had come together in an unexpected and clumsy kiss.
They'd ignored it at first, as if it had never happened. And it hadn't, not really. Their heads had knocked together in certain places. On occasion they remembered and blushed, but most of the time there were more important things to worry about.
That was until the next battle where one of them was knocked down by the other, and their lisp would meet in a less-than-accidental kiss.
They realized they were accident prone.
The first thought to this came not in a battle but beyond the campfire, right next to the tress that stopped the firelight from going more than five feet. They'd knocked into each other and their lips touched. Perhaps they stood there a moment too long, but quickly they looked away and blushed fiercely, returning to the others to pretend as if nothing happened.
The second time it happened beyond battle it had been more intention than accident, though they'd never admit it. This time they held much too long for one to consider it to be accidental, but they said nothing as they broke apart, his hand on the small of her back and caressing her cheek, hers placed gently around his neck. Slowly they detangled themselves and hurried back to the others.
It had started with an accident.
But maybe they were just accident prone.
Author(ess) Notes:
Inspired by the fact that all too often does Miroku knock Sango down during battles. Intentional? I think so.