InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Across the Battlefield ❯ It all goes up In Flames ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't think I've been doing these regularly so I'll make this short and sweet. I don't own Inuyasha or the characters or anything really, but whatever you do: don't take my Zelda games and my coffee (that keeps me up playing them all night long).

Sorry I haven't updated in awhile I really have no excuse except that I'm lazy.

I think I've been playing to the Inuyasha plot to closely so I'll try to change things around a bit.

~^~^~^~~^~^~^~^~~^~^~~^~^~^~^~`^~^

Chp 6: It all goes Up in Flames

Yura's POV:

She watched Kagome back up, her innocent eyes wide with surprise for one second and then narrow with suspicion.

"What are you talking about Yura? If this is some kind of joke it's not funny."

Yura watched Kagome a little longer. She sized up the situation. A little while back she had just blown her cover, rather stupidly really, but the thirst for the Jewel of Promise was too strong and Kagome was standing there alone, unprepared in an airplane miles away from human civilization. Not only that but she thought Yura was a fellow human being, a friend. Yura needed the Jewel of Promise, not for herself but for her master. Since she was the most human looking demon in the organization she was best at walking among the humans when the group needed information. She decided not to answer Kagome's question and turned around to look at the demon birds splattered across the window of the plane, which was now flying in the wrong direction because no one was steering it. The bird Demons where not planned, they where a nuisance in her plan, a small error. She could still save the plan, get the necklace of promise and return it to her master, and make the humans think Kagome and the plane had crashed on accident. She could probably even blame the crash on the bird demons if she played her cards right.

Yura put one hand on the steering controls of the plane (RabidFan: I know absolutely nothing about planes so I've had to make things up about them, sorry)

The other hand she slipped into her pocket and drew out a small handgun that she pointed in Kagome's direction.

End POV

Kagome gasped. She couldn't believe it, she had been right! The thoughts that had been lurking in the back of her head ever since she had see the handgun in Yura's duffle bag earlier that day where now a reality.

"I knew it! You do have a double personality!" she said slapping her palm to her head in realization.

That seemed to strike a nerve with Yura.

"WHAT? What are you talking about? I do not, have a double personality!" She turned around and glared at Kagome, a vein was throbbing in the side of her head.

"Then why do you act all nice and friendly to me sometimes and try to kill me others?! Kagome asked incredulously.

"Because, idiot, I was lying! Pretending to be nice! To get close to you, haven't you ever heard the saying 'Keep you friends close keep your enemies closer'?".

Yura's glare intensified.

Kagome blushed, she felt like an idiot. Her overly active imagination had made up a crazy situation where Yura had a double personality: one that was nice and was Kagome's friend, and the other that worked for the Russian Mafia. Obviously this wasn't true.

"Why are you my enemy?" she asked. And more importantly: "Why are you pointing a gun at me?" she gasped "Oh my God, Your not really going to shoot me are you?!". Kagome felt her face grow pale.

Yura rolled her eyes. "You really are naïve, aren't you?" she smiled. "Alright if you're that stupid I guess I'll have to spell it out for you, right?" She eyed Kagome and continued. "I am a demon, or as you humans call us: a Southern barbarian." Her smile grew wider as she looked at Kagome's shocked face. My old name was Yura of the hair but I changed it when I went into service for my Master----

"Who's that?" Kagome interrupted.

"Don't interrupt, idiot. I'm talking your shutting-up. Okay?" She had to make sure Kagome new who was in charge. Kagome's face paled and she closed her mouth. "Okay, now that we have that settled…My Master sent me undercover to get something. Something important, something demons have wanted from humans for a long, long time. I was sent to military school. I pretended I was human girl under the code name Yura Hair."

Kagome snorted. "Wow. What a change from Yura of the Hair." Her voice was loaded with sarcasm.

"Shut up! I don't want any more interruptions!" Yura continued. "I was sent to the military so I could get information on the whereabouts of the item I mentioned earlier. The one we demons have been searching for! Imagine my surprise when I found that my roommate was in possession of it!" she licked her lips and went on. "It was so easy after that too lie to you! To tell you that the staff had given you punishment, to tell you to search for southern barbarians in the desert! It was a perfect lie! You had no idea about the rules in the military! They would never have let a cadet in training have such an important job…they would never force a cadet to be on patrol for southern barbarians."

Kagome's face paled even more. Things kept going from bad to worse. She had thought that maybe if they took too long out in the desert the military would send out a search party to look for her. Now she new that nobody new where she was, they may not even notice that she was gone. She still had one question though…

"But I don't have anything a demon would want." She protested.

Yura took aim on Kagome's stomach. "Yes you do…but I wont ask for it politely. It is much easier to search people when they're dead." She smiled grimly. The thrill of killing was upon her. She cocked pistol and eyed Kagome who had look of a person paralyzed with fear, which was true.

Kagome wanted to move. She wanted scream, run, she wanted to hurt Yura for all the times she had lied to her. Kagome remembered all those times in her life when she had seen a main character in an old cop movie do something like this. How stupid she was… sitting there waiting to die. But there was nothing she could, nothing she could possibly do. Yura was a Southern Barbarian stronger, faster, and smarter. She was reminded of an old Discovery channel program that showed an extinct snake cornering its prey.

She heard the roar of a gun go off. She instinctively leapt to the side and covered her head. Fear making her move forward. She felt heat, fire. Shadows danced around the plain bright light flickered. She moved forward, her legs pumped up and down. Yura was screaming at her. Flames danced around Yura's feet, her face twisted in agony. Yura stomped and stomped: trying to put out the fire but the flames only spread. The smell of burning leather and then burning flesh clogged Kagome's nose. The flames where eating Yura alive, Kagome tried to look away but she couldn't turn her head. She watched in fascination as Yura fell to the ground writhing in agony, the flames engulfed her whole body it was as if all of her senses had been turned off except for her sight, she was watching a silent picture.

"You…" In a desperate last effort as the flames crawled up her arms Yura grabbed her gun and tried to shoot Kagome. As if in a trance Kagome walked over to where Yura was laying and kicked the gun out of her hands.

"You can't control the plane." Yura gasped for air as she said her last words. "You'll crash…" Yura's eyes rolled around in her sockets."…My master will find you."

And then she died, with that final 'Fuck you' hanging in the air.

Not to mention the plane going up in flames…

~^~~~~^~~^~~^~^~~^~^~^~~^

That is NOT the end so don't think so.

I need BETA READERS so please respond.

Thanks, I have nothing else to say today (surprising eh?)

Oh yeah… I shamelessly admit I used that cliffy to keep you reading, all though you probably wont anyway *sob*