InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ After Three Years ❯ Good Morning ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]
After Three Years
By: Yasha

Kagome woke up, a smile on her face from ear to ear. Today was her fifteenth Birthday and she was really eager to get the day started. She jumped out of bed, dressed, and ran down stairs. "Good morning" she said as she walked into the kitchen, to no one in particular. " Good morning, Kagome. Happy birthday!" said her mom. "Arigato, Mama" Kagome said in reply. "Happy Birthday, sis!" said her little brother Sota as he walked into the kitchen. "Thank you, Sota. Where's grandpa?" Kagome asked. "Don't know, where's grandpa, Mom?" "He left on errands this morning before you two woke up. He said he was going to be gone all day." Kagome’s mom said in reply. "Well, I got to get going." Kagome said. " Where are you going in such a hurry, Kagome?" asked Sota. "To school, I have get there early today. Well, bye!" "Kagome..." She didn't give them a chance to say anything before they heard the door slam.

As Kagome was walking through her family shrine she noticed something head into the well house. 'I wonder what that was' she thought. She decided to go investigate. The well house was dark and damp, she was almost too afraid to go down. Gathering courage, she eased her self down the steps, taking them one at a time. "Hello, is anyone down here." she said as she got to the last step. Silence. As she started to climb back up the steps, she heard a familiar 'mew'. " Buyo, is that you?" As if to answer the question, Buyo, her cat, jumped out at her and landed in her arms. "Buyo, you scared me!" Kagome said as she went to go lean against the well. "What are you doing down here?" she asked, waiting for no reply. Suddenly, the cat jumped out of her arms, startling Kagome and making her fall into the well. There was a bright light as Kagome fell into the well. Kagome expected to hit the ground hard but, to her surprise, she kept 'falling'. There were bright lights everywhere. And as suddenly as this begun, it ended and she was on the well floor. "Hello, is anyone up there. Hello, Mom, Buyo, Sota.” Hearing no reply, she started climbing out of the well.

The Feudal Era

When she came out of the well she was surprised to see that she was no longer home. "Toto, I don't think were in Tokyo anymore." she said to herself as she stared at the place where she was. Much to her surprise, she was out in a beautiful field instead of a damp, old well house. Little did she know that she was being watched. "Who are you? Are you some sort of priestess? And why did you come out of the well?” The voice scared Kagome so much that she almost fell into the well again. "Who said that?" Kagome asked, a tingle of fear in her voice. "That's none of your business, now answer me, who are you?" said the voice. "I-I'm not saying anything to you, whoever you are!" Kagome said the fear still lingering in her voice. "I said answer me!!!" Suddenly, the owner of the voice appeared from out of nowhere. Speechless, Kagome stared at the person who had suddenly appeared. He had silver-colored hair, golden eyes, and dog-ears on top of his head. "What are you staring at? Haven't you seen a demon before?" the man said. "D-demon!" Kagome said more confused than ever. "W-w-who, what are you? Where am I? How did I get here...What's your name? Kagome asked. "What does that matter to you!" the person/demon bit back. Kagome was about to answer the question when someone grabbed her by the waist and carried her to the village.

When the person put Kagome down, she was about to protest about being carried when someone grabbed her wrists and ankles and tied them together "Hey, what's the big idea!!!" Kagome asked, obviously angry. "Demon be gone!" said an old woman to her while throwing some sort of dust on her. " Demon! I am not a demon!" Kagome screamed. "Not a demon is ye. What's ye name, child?" the old woman asked. "My name is Kagome, and might I ask what your name is?" "My name is Kaede. I am the priestess in this village and might I ask what business you have with the half-demon, Inuyasha?" "Inuyasha?" asked Kagome, a quizzical look in her eyes. "Ye don't know who Inuyasha is. Ye were talking to him." Kaede said, an unsure look on her face. ‘So that was who that was.’ Kagome thought, realizing whom she was just talking to. "I was wonder...do you mind untying me now!" Kagome asked, a frustrated look on her face. “ Of course, child. I apologize for the mistake." "It's O.K." Kagome said, grateful that she was being untied. " Why don't we go into my hut and discuss this matter." Kaede said already heading into the hut.

“Where are ye from child?” Kaede asked. “I’m from Tokyo.” Kagome answered. “Tokyo? I’ve never heard of a ‘Tokyo’ before.” Kaede replied. “Kaede, if you don’t mind me asking, who in this ‘Inuyasha’?” asked Kagome. “Inuyasha is a powerful half-demon trying to find the sikon no tama, the jewel of four souls, he is not to be messed with.” “The jewel of four souls?” Kagome asked intrigued. “Yes child, the jewel of four souls is a very powerful jewel that can grant anyone any wish he or she desires.” Kaede said. “Why does Inuyasha want it?” Kagome asked. “The demon, Inuyasha, wants it because he want to turn himself into a full demon. If he gets his wish, he will terrorize our villages endlessly. Thankfully for us, the jewel disappeared fifty years ago.” “Does anyone know where the jewel is?” Kagome asked with interest. “Unfortunately, no child. Just hope that the jewel does not fall into the wrong hands.” Kaede said. “I better get going.” Kagome said standing up to leave. “Where are ye going child?” Kaede asked. “If I want to get home, I better start looking for the way back.” Kagome said, already heading out the door. “Heed my warning, child, do not mess Inuyasha!” Kaede warned. Not hearing Kaede’s warning, Kagome ran toward the well, and toward Inuyasha.

As Kagome got closer to the well she started slowing her pace. When she got to the well she went to sit at the wells edge. ‘I wonder how I’m going to get back’ she thought. “You’re back” said a voice. “W-who said that?” Kagome asked. As if to answer her question, the silver-haired demon stepped into the open field. “You already know who I am, so why are you asking.” “Are you Inuyasha?” Kagome asked. “Yeah, what’s it to you!” Inuyasha bit back. “I’m Kagome, I was wondering if you could help me get back home.” Kagome asked, a tingle of hope in her voice. “Me, help a human! Fat chance!” Inuyasha said cruelly. “Oh, well then do you know anyone else who can help me?” As if to answer her question, another demon appeared. “Hey mutt, who’s that beauty over there, she’s much too beautiful to be talking to you.” the other demon said. Kagome blushed. “Go away, Koga. This doesn’t concern you!” Inuyasha screamed. Not heeding Inuyasha’s warning, Koga stepped toward Kagome. “What is such a beautiful woman doing talking to someone like this mutt? What’s your name?” Koga asked. “You flatter me too much.” Kagome said blushing. “My name is Kagome. It’s very nice to meet you, Koga, was it.” Yeah, and can I ask what you’re doing with this mutt.” Koga asked. “I was hoping he could help me find my way back home.” Kagome replied “ Not to worry, my dear Kagome, I’ll help you find your way back home.” Koga declared. “Arigato, Koga. I appreciate it.” Kagome said. “Wait, Kagome, I never said that I wasn’t going to help you!” Inuyasha said, a little too desperately. “Oh really!” Kagome said in a flat tone. “I distinctly recall you saying you would never help humans.” “The mutt’s just angry that I’m offering you some help and you accepted.” Koga said in a smug tone. “I never said that!” Inuyasha said, annoyed. “Then what are you saying, Inuyasha.” Kagome asked. “I’m saying that I changed my mind. Aren’t I allowed to do that!” Inuyasha replied. “Fine then, you can help me.” Kagome said. “But Kagome…” Koga started. “It’s O.K. Koga, I’ll be fine. Don’t worry about me. I’m sure Inuyasha will protect me.” Kagome said “Alright, Kagome. If that’s what you want. If you ever need any help, just yell out my name, O.K Kagome.” Koga said, a worried expression on his face. Just as Koga was heading back he stopped in front of Inuyasha. “Take good care of my Kagome, or else!” Koga stated. “Yeah, whatever.” said Inuyasha. Then, Koga left, running into the forest.

It was almost sun set when Kagome finally gave up looking for a way home. “I give up! It’s impossible to find a way home” Kagome said, frustrated. Up in the treetops, Inuyasha was watching her with interest. “Aren’t you going to help me!” Kagome yelled at the treetops. Inuyasha jumped down and said “I said I was only going to protect you, not help you.” “You told me you were going to help me!” Frustrated, Kagome stomped off to sit at the well and started crying. “Don’t cry, Kagome.” Inuyasha said as he started to walk over to her. “What do you care!” Kagome bit back. For a while there was an uncomfortable silence. “Do you have a place to stay?” Inuyasha suddenly blurted out. “Huh?” Kagome looked up at him, tilting her head in a quizzical manner. “It’s almost nightfall, and it’s obvious that you’re not going to get home by tonight, so…” “No, Inuyasha, I don’t have a place to stay. You wouldn’t mind if I stayed with you for the night, would you?” Kagome asked, a tinkle of hope in her eyes. “By the way, where do you live?” Kagome asked. “I don’t really have a home, I sleep in the treetops where it’s safe.” Inuyasha stated. “The treetops?” Kagome asked, a little confused. “Yeah, you can sleep up there with me if you want. I can keep you from falling off, considering how clumsy you humans are.” Inuyasha said. “Thanks, I think. I would like to stay with you.” Kagome said, a little unsure. “Alright, then come on, hop on my back.” “We’re leaving now? On your back?” Kagome asked, surprised. “Yeah, It’s already dark, we better get going.” Inuyasha stated. “O.K., but why on your back?” Kagome asked, still unsure. “What other fast way is there to get to where we’re going.” Inuyasha said. “Alright, lets go.” Kagome said and they rode of into the night.

Three years later:

“Papa, papa!” said a girl, as she ran to Inuyasha. “Hello, Kaede. Do you know where your mama is?” Inuysha asked. “No, papa. Can we go look for her?” Asked Kaede with enthusiasm. “Yes.” Inuyasha said. “We can go look for her, but you go ahead, I’ll catch up.” “O.K. papa.” Said Kaede, and ran of to find her mother. Three years earlier, Kagome and Inuyasha had met. As the days went by, they grew fond of each other, and eventually fell in love. Kagome and Inuyasha ended up having a child, whom they named Kaede, after the priestess, and lived in a hut in the woods by the well where they had met. Kagome never figured out how to go home so she stayed in the feudal era with Inuyasha. As for Koga and the priestess Kaede; Koga was heart broken when he found out that Inuyasha and Kagome were getting married and even more so when he found out that they were expecting a child. Koga never stopped loving Kagome, and swore that he would never let any harm come to her, by Inuyasha or by anyone else. As for Kaede, she never approved of Inuyasha’s and Kagome’s wedding, but she let them get married anyway. Kagome’s family never knew to where she disappeared to, and mourned over her loss.

Kagome was walking to the well that morning, because she had something on her mind. Today was her birthday, the very same day she fell into the well three years ago. She wondered about her family back home and her family in the feudal era, and if she would ever get back home. As if on cue, Kaede came up to her. “Mama, there you are!” Kaede screamed, overjoyed to see her mother. Kaede was only a year and a half, but she already knew how to walk, talk, and do other things older kids did, only better. “Kaede, you startled me.” Kagome exclaimed, gathering the little girl up in her arms. “I’m sorry mama, but don’t be scared, it’s only me. What are you doing mama?” Kaede asked. “Just thinking.” Kagome stated, going over to sit at the well. “Kaede, Kagome, where are you?” came Inuyasha’s voice over the hills. Kagome was just about to respond when she tripped and fell into the well, taking Kaede with her. Inuyasha got there in time to see them fall into the well. “Kagome!!!” He screamed after them as a white light absorbed them as they fell. Inuyasha followed them a while after.
On The Other Side:

As Kagome climbed out of the well with Kaede, she realized where she was. “I’m finally home!” she exclaimed to herself. “Mama, where are we?” came Kaede’s frightened voice beside her. “We’re at my home Kaede. This is where I came from.” Kagome stated as she walked up the well house steps. “Your home? Your home is with papa and me, mama. You’re not going to leave us, are you? Mama, I don’t want you to leave!” Kaede exclaimed, near tears. “Don’t worry, Kaede, I’m not going to leave you and your papa. I just want you to meet my family O.K.” Kagome said, trying to comfort the child. “O.K. mama.” Kaede said. Kagome took Kaede the rest of the way up, and into her home. “Mom, Sota, Grandpa.” Kagome called. She first headed into the kitchen, where she found them eating breakfast. “Kagome, is that you?” her mother exclaimed “Mom!” Kagome screamed, overjoyed to see her mother again. “Kagome, I thought I would never see you again! Where have you been all these years? And who’s this precious girl you have with you?” Kagome’s mother asked, her eyes brimmed with tears of joy. “Mom, this is my daughter, Kaede.” Kagome said, rather coolly. “Daughter?” Kagome’s mom asked, surprised. “Kagome, what have you been doing for the past three years?” “I think you better sit down.” Kagome suggested.

When they had sat down at the table Kagome explained to them where she had been for the past three years, how she met and had fallen in love with Inuyasha, and about her life in the feudal era. Just as she was done explaining, Inuyasha burst through the door. “Kagome!” he exclaimed, as he gathered her in his arms. “I was so worried that something had happened to you or to Kaede! Kaede, where is she!” Inuyasha exclaimed, letting go of Kagome to look for his daughter. “Here I am papa.” The little girl said innocently. “Kaede!” Inuyasha exclaimed, picking up the girl. “I was so worried about you and your mother! I thought something bad was going to happen to you!” “Its O.K. papa, were fine. These nice people took care of us.” Kaede said pointing to Kagome’s family. Suddenly, Inuyasha was aware that four pairs of eyes were staring him and things got awkward. Finally breaking the silence, Kagome said “Mom, Sota, Grandpa, this is my husband, Inuyasha.” After another long silence, Inuyasha finally broke down. “Come on, Kagome we’re leaving.” “Leaving, but we just got here!” Kagome exclaimed. Before Inuyasha could argue he felt a tug at his pants leg. Looking down he saw Kaede. “Papa I don’t want to leave yet. I like these nice people.” Feeling a tug in his heart, Inuyasha agreed to stay. “Yay!” the little girl exclaimed. After chatting a while, Inuyasha and Kagome decided to go home. “Why don’t you spend the night.” Kagome’s mom suggested. “No, that’s O.K. mom, besides, we wouldn’t want to be any trouble.” Kagome said. “No trouble at all. You could sleep in you old room.” Kagome’s mom suggested. “We might as well, Kagome. Kaede is already asleep.” Inuyasha said, showing the sleeping girl in his arms to Kagome. “Alright mom, we’ll stay.” After saying their goodnights to everyone they went to bed.

In bed, Kagome thought about all that had happened that day and the three years she has spent away from home, wondering what her life would be like if she had never met Inuyasha. “Kagome, what’s wrong?” said Inuyasha, interrupting her thoughts. “Nothing, I was just…” she cut off. “’Just what?” asked Inuyasha, his voice filled with concern. “I was just thinking what life would be like if I had never met you.” Kagome explained. “Are you wishing you had never met me?” Inuyasha asked, a hint of sadness in his voice. “Of course not!” Kagome exclaimed sitting up in bed and turned to Inuyasha. “How could you ever think such a thing! You are the best thing that has ever happened to me. You and Kaede. I love you with all my heart, Inuyasha and there is nothing that can change that. It’s just…” she cut off. “Just what?” Inuyasha asked. “It’s just I’m so happy that I’m finally home.…after three years.





Disclaimer: I know, I know, the story was cheesy and the ending was corny but I’m working on it. As ya’ll can tell, InuxKag didn’t meet any of the usual characters like Sango, Miroku, Shippou, Kirara, or any of the other characters. It was just Inu, Kag, Kouga, and both Kaedes. (and also her family, but none of her friends.)I’m also working on another story. Ya’ll will probably see it soon. See ya’ll next time! ;)