InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ All I Needed Was You ❯ The Talk ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Okay, you guys are so bad. You're lucky I update at all, seeing as how seventy people have read this and I only have two reviews. I'm very miffed about that, thus the extreme update delay. Get on it, people! I don't have to update, you know.

Disclaimer: I don't own these characters, but if I did, I would give Kouga-kun to Jade, as she intends to marry him. Also, I'd let her have Shippo-chan as she loves his little hands.

*****

All I Needed Was You

Part 2

*****

Anyone perfect must be lying.

Anything easy has it's cost.

Anyone plain can be lovely.

Anyone loved can be lost.

--Barenaked Ladies Falling for the First Time

"Miroku, don't you wish it would always stay this way?" Sango asked as the couple sat together in front of the fire.

"How do you mean, Sango?" he asked, offering her some of the stew that was cooking. She took the bowl graciously and shrugged.

"I don't know. At times like this, can't you just feel for a moment like we're just normal people and that we don't have to worry about the Shikon no tama or Naraku or any of it? It seems almost like we're a family." Sango told him softly as he handed a bowl to Kagome and then to Shippo who nearly spilled it all over himself in his excitement for supper.

"We are a family." He smiled at her, wrapping his arm around her to pull her close, "Remember?"

"Would you two just go off in the bushes and get it out of your systems?" Inuyasha growled in disgust as he took the bowl Miroku offered. "Honestly, it's disgusting watching two humans in heat."

"In heat?" Shippo jumped up in Inuyasha's lap, his eyes wide with curiosity. "What's that mean? Are they too close to the fire? Is it gonna cook them up like the stew?" Sango and Miroku laughed as the blood drained completely from Inuyasha's face.

"Well, aren't you going to tell him, Inuyasha?" Sango asked in her most innocent tone.

"You tell him!" Inuyasha ordered frantically.

"No, you're the one who said it, you have to explain it." Kagome told him, trying her best to look solemn.

"No way!" Inuyasha practically yelped, shoving Shippo away frantically. "Just forget I said anything, Shippo."

"But why?" Shippo's wide green eyes turned first to Inuyasha and then to Kagome. "Why won't he tell me?"

"Because he doesn't know what he's talking about." Kagome giggled at the look of rage that Inuyasha shot her at these words. "It doesn't matter, Shippo-chan. Inuyasha's an idiot. Humans don't go into heat. When they fall in love," she glared at Inuyasha, "it's for much longer than with youkais who only care when the mood takes them."

"Huh?" Shippo's brow furrowed in confusion. "So…it means that they're in love? Why didn't he just say that?"

"Because, idiot, that's not what it means." Inuyasha crossed his arms and pointedly avoided Kagome's eyes. "It means they want to make lots of babies."

"How?" Shippo asked, sitting down and wagging his tail slightly, excited that he was learning something that was obviously important. Otherwise, there wouldn't have been such a fuss over it.

"You…don't know?" Inuyasha blanched. Sango and Kagome collapsed in fits of laughter while Miroku tried unsuccessfully to look like he wasn't hearing any of this.

"How would he know, Inuyasha? He doesn't have any parents to tell him." Kagome managed to stop laughing and watched Inuyasha just as expectantly as Shippo was. "Now go ahead and finish what you started. Tell him how you make babies, Inuyasha."

"Feh! Why doesn't Miroku explain it! He's the expert!" Inuyasha refused the order. Kagome's eyes narrowed and she gave him a sweet smile that was frighteningly innocent.

"Well, if you won't tell him, I'll go home." She picked up her bag. "Hojou wanted to take me to the movies tomorrow anyway."

"That damn human again! Don't let him near you! All he wants is-" Inuyasha glanced down at Shippo, who was eagerly listening to his words, hoping to learn something else new.

"What does he want?" Kagome asked, blinking blue-grey eyes innocently.

"Fine, I'll tell him. But I'm not doing it in front of you!" Inuyasha growled, obviously not best pleased with this situation.

"Don't get so upset, Inuyasha. If you were more polite, none of this would have ever happened." Sango teased the hanyou.

"It's your fault for being so…you know!" Inuyasha growled again and yanked at Kagome's bag. "Gimme that."

"What for? It's my bag." She pulled back even though she really was no match for him. She could always sit him if need be.

"I need something in it if I'm gonna do this." Inuyasha yanked back on the bag and rummaged through it before pulling out Shippo's beloved paper and crayons.

"Crayons…you aren't going to…" Kagome was shocked at the idea of Inuyasha drawing out how babies were made.

"I can't get him to understand any other way." Inuyasha told her grumpily, picking up Shippo by the tail and made his way out of the camp. "Come on, we need to get this over with."

Once he was gone, Kagome turned to Miroku and Sango. "I'm sorry he's so rude, you two. Hopefully he'll learn his lesson."

"One thing's for sure, I don't think Shippo-chan will ever forget his." Sango shook her head. "Just imagine having someone like Inuyasha teach you where babies come from.

"I better keep an eye on them to make sure poor Shippo-chan isn't scarred for life." Kagome told them, making her way after the boys. She stopped behind a tree when she spotted them and watched as Inuyasha showed Shippo a crude sketch of a girl and a boy in a sunny field. It looked like something Souta drew when he was five. Kagome barely held back another fit of giggles.

"So there's two of them, and the man decides that the woman is pretty and he wants to kiss her." Inuyasha explained. Kagome stuffed a hand in her mouth as tears of mirth rolled down her cheeks. Inuyasha had just switched to a new picture in which the boy had hearts in his eyes and the girl looked angry. "But women aren't easy to understand like that. They can't just let the man kiss them, so they call him names and hit him and make fun of him all the time because she knows that that way, the man just wants to kiss her more so that maybe she'll shut up and be nice."

"Like Kagome and you?" Shippo asked, and Kagome had to quell a gasp.

"Feh! Who said I wanted to kiss her? You aren't paying attention. Just pretend it's Sango and Miroku. Remember how she used to be mean to Miroku?" Inuyasha explained.

"I guess, but it's easier to think of Kagome and you because that's who the pictures look like, I think." Shippo pointed at the green uniform the girl was wearing and the red outfit on the boy.

"Whatever, but that's not who it is, and you better not repeat any of this to anyone, got it?" Inuyasha growled and Shippo nodded. Inuyasha switched to his next picture, in which both of the people seemed to be angry. "So then, the man gets angry that the woman is treating him like an idiot, so he gets angry with her too and starts to act the same way as her because he thinks she hates him, so he can't have her anyway. And it's fun to make fun of women." Inuyasha confided, and Kagome had to resist the urge to pelt him with stones. Inuyasha switched to a new picture with what was supposed to be the two people kissing. "Now, after the woman is sick of being teased, she gives up and lets the man kiss her. This is when the man decides he wants to make a baby."

"Doesn't the woman want one too?" Shippo was concerned.

"Of course she does. She can't resist doing what the man says, and since he wants to make a baby, so does she." Inuyasha showed a new picture where there was a dream bubble with a baby in it coming from the two people's heads.

"I don't think that's really how it works." Shippo spoke skeptically.

"You don't?" Inuyasha challenged. "But you said you didn't know."

"I know, but I don't think Kagome would just agree with everything you said just because you kissed her. You kissed Kikyo, and she tried to kill you." Shippo pointed out.

"Kikyo doesn't count. She's not even a real person. She's dead. And this isn't Kagome and I. It's Sango and Miroku. Haven't you noticed that she's a lot nicer to him now?" Inuyasha pointed out triumphantly.

"Yeah, but she still hits him when he looks at other girls." Shippo shot back.

"It doesn't matter. Anyway, they BOTH want a baby, so…" Inuyasha held up a new picture of a house with lots of hearts around it. Kagome again had to choke down her laughter. "They go sleep in a bed together and they kiss a lot until this happens." He held up a new picture of the woman and man holding hands. The woman looked like a balloon.

"Agh, is she going to explode?" Shippo asked in a worried tone.

"No, you idiot. She's pregnant, and inside her there's a baby." Inuyasha explained, suddenly looking all around him suspiciously. "Someone's here." He told Shippo.

"Youkai?" Shippo jumped up as Kagome hid as low down as she could, knowing Inuyasha would be angry if he knew she was spying on him.

"No…it's nothing. I just thought I smelled someone for a moment…" Inuyasha looked around once more before picking his last picture up. Kagome didn't dare peek, but she listened as he finished his lecture. "After a while, the baby comes out and then they're a family." He explained. "This is what everyone does, so it's a good thing I explained it to you so you didn't have to find out in a scary way." Inuyasha told Shippo and Kagome smiled fondly at the rough tenderness he was showing the kitsune.

"How did you find out?" Shippo wanted to know.

"My mother told me." Inuyasha answered seriously. "Now let's get back before the others wonder where we are."

"Okay, thanks for telling me all that stuff, Inuyasha." Shippo answered. "But why didn't anyone want to tell me?"

"Because it's kind of hard to explain. They thought I couldn't do it right." Inuyasha answered, pride thick in his voice as they disappeared down the path toward camp. "I showed them."

Once they were out of sight, Kagome got up and went to where the pictures were lying forgotten. She spotted the last one and picked it up. It was a picture of the man and the woman holding a baby between them and smiling. There was a big heart above their heads. It was terribly cute. Kagome wondered if anyone would notice if she stole the pictures. "I knew I smelled you!" Inuyasha's voice made Kagome jump up, dropping the picture and hurriedly brushing the dirt off her knees.

"I'm sorry, I…I didn't mean to spy, I just wanted to make sure…you weren't showing Shippo-chan anything ecchi." She explained nervously. He must be so angry with her.

"How long were you there, then?" Inuyasha demanded. "Did you hear all of it? Including Shippo's stupid comments?"

"Uh…yes, I did." Kagome blushed. "I heard all of it."

"Well?" Inuyasha stuck his chest out in pride. "Didn't I do a good job of explaining it to a little kid?" he asked.

"Is that what your mother told you?" Kagome wanted to know.

"Yeah, but she didn't have to use pictures. She just talked about my father and her." Inuyasha answered.

"You really did do well. I was impressed." Kagome picked up one of the pictures, the one with the angry girl and boy. "You know, they do kind of look…"

"Don't even say it. I didn't do that on purpose. I just…just drew two people." Inuyasha explained.

"Why didn't you draw Sango and Miroku?" she asked simply.

"Oh…um, I couldn't get Miroku's robe right." He answered lamely.

"Really? It isn't that hard. I'll show you." She picked up the paper and the crayons, sitting down and scribbling a bit. She produced a passable sketch of the monk. "See?"

"Oh, I couldn't remember how they folded, I thought it was like this." Inuyasha sat in front of her and leaned over the paper for a few moments before letting her see his work. Kagome burst into giggles. "What?"

"You can't draw at all." She told him. "It's so cute!"

"Shut up, it's not cute. You can't draw either." He pointed to her rough picture of Miroku.

"I know, but I still think it's funny." Kagome told him.

"It is a little funny, isn't it?" Inuyasha looked around at the pictures and picked up the kissing one. "I can't imagine the torture I'd go through if Sesshomaru found these." He shook his head ruefully.

"It's strange how you can be so different now than when I met you." Kagome commented as she helped him gather up all the pictures.

"I'm no different at all, you just didn't know me." Inuyasha spoke defensively.

"Maybe, but I think you seem a lot different." Kagome told him. "It made me smile when you were acting so nice to Shippo-chan just then."

"I…I was just doing what you said." He told her, flushing.

"I know. Thank you." Kagome smiled warmly at him. "Now, lets get back to camp. I just have to show these to Sango."

"You wouldn't dare." Inuyasha's eyes widened.

"Wouldn't I?" Kagome darted ahead on the path with Inuyasha hot on her heels.

*****

The End (Of Part 2, That Is)