InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ An Adventurer Like You ❯ Stairs ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
The sun hung high in the early afternoon on a glorious spring day. The beams of light pierced the green tree tops and made the forest feel alive. The sun dried up the rain from the previous evening making the path up the stairs humid. Animals cut back and forth across the path and darted through the trees, while the birds sang songs high in the branches. A mud crusted boot brushed past a small bed of yellow and blue flowers. The man stood up straight stretching his back taking deep winded breaths. He turned to look at another man a little ways down the stairs moving slowly.

"Oh come on man, you can't be done yet." He gasps at him wiping sweat from his brow.
"I", the other man gasps heavy and coughing, "I never wanted to come out here Inuyasha!" He screamed trying to pull his legs up the stone stairs.
"Me neither." Inuyasha gasped as he pulled out a bottle of water from his brown backpack. "But", he weezed then took a long drink of water. "Kagome said I couldn't do it, I am going to prove her wrong." Inuyasha said putting away the water. "Come on Miroku, were almost half way."
"Almost half!" Miroku coughed out as he caught up to Inuyasha. "You know Kagome just called you lazy, you could of just took out the trash."
"And Sango said you were looking pudgy." Inuyasha said looking up the stairs. "I was challenged to do the stairs and I will prove myself." He said breathing deep breaths.
"Do you hear yourself, you have been playing Skyrim too much." Miroku laughed as he slowly pulled himself up more stairs. "I think that's why Kagome wanted you to get out, you're starting to lose it."
"What? I have only put like", Inuyasha paused and counted in his head, "Maybe ninety hours or so, that's not too much." Inuyasha smirked.
"Wow man", Miroku said pulling out water from his red bag, "I only have about fifteen." Miroku drank heavy drinks of water and wiping off waves of sweat.
"Fifteen!?" Inuyasha asked shocked, "What have you done with your time?"
"Living." Miroku said following Inuyasha up the stairs. "Some of us have lives to deal with you know", Miroku streches his back a bit and continues, "It's amazing you have a girlfriend at all at the rate you're going."
"What do you mean? Kagome loves me." Inuyasha said defensivly.
"You bought the special edition so you could get the dragon." Miroku said. "Then borrowed money from her for the guide."
"It was for both of us." Inuyasha said smiling, "Besides she playes too and she said she wasn't mad about the dragon, she likes dragons."
"How about the time you scared the cat out the window with the yelling?" Miroku said almost laughing.
"That was funny though." Inuyasha said laughing a bit.
"Yeah, but still. I think you are losing it a bit." Miroku smiled. "Hey." He looked up the long winding stairs. "Doesn't this remind you of climbing to the Grey Beards?" Miroku said walking slowy passed Inuyasha.
"Yeah, on top of this insane winding starecase will await old men of knowledge who will teach us the tounge of the dragons!" Inuyasha said with a smile running past Miroku.
"See, told you. I think you played too much." Miroku tried catching up but fell short a few stairs. "So Kagome sent you on a quest because she knew you would do it."
"Sango wanted you to go too buddy, and you don't play much, so what about that?" Inuyasha said smiling proudly.
"Well Inuyasha", Miroku said taking a breath, " There is a big difference between you being out here and me being out here."
"Yeah and what's that?" Inuyasha asked.
"I'm going to have sex when I get back." Miroku said smiling big, "Remember what that is Thane of Whiterun?" Miroku laughed to himself.
"Funny." Inuyasha smirked. "Let's get to the top and see where we go from there."
"Home I would assume" Miroku said breathing and sweating heavy. "It's kind of hot out here."
"Maybe, I'm going to see where these take me.' Inuyasha said confidently.
"A park." Miroku said direct. "It leads to a park and picnic area. I took Sango here a few times."
"Oh come on man." Inuyasha turned and waited. "Where is your sense of adventure? Don't you want to explore the new things of the world you trekked dozens of times before?" Inuyasha caught his breath, "Don't you feel it, it's like the old days when we would just go outside and see the world. It's amazing."
"Hey." Miroku smirked as he caught up. "I used to be adventurer like you."
"Don't say it." Inuyasha warned.
"Till I took a frozen screen to the console." Miroku laughed.
"Not cool man!" Inuyasha yelled. "Come on we'll get up there soon."
"You know." Miroku said finishing his laughter. "I bet the girls are playing Skyrim right now."
"Maybe." Inuyasha said starting to get tired of the stairs. "It doesn't matter though. I'll play when I get back."
"Or maybe, just take a break from it for a while." Miroku said concerned.
"Oh I see why she sent you here too." Inuyasha stopped and turned to Miroku. "You're pulling some kind of intervention on me!" Inuyasha raised his voice.
"I'm not saying forever, just for a bit. We could go out drinking tonight." Miroku suggested.
"I don't have a problem Miroku, I'm fine!" Inuyasha yelled.
"Then why are you yelling at me?" Miroku questioned.
"Yelling? I'm not yelling. You just need to leave me alone with that." Inuyasha said.
"But." Miroku huffed out.
"FUS RO DAH!!" Inuyasha yelled into Miroku's face and turned to run up the stares.
"It's WOW all over again." Miroku sighed to himself wiping saliva off of his face.