InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ An Adventurer Like You ❯ Hilltop Park ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Miroku dragged himself up the last of the stairs and took long deep breaths. He scanned the faces in the park for Inuyasha, but nothing. He pulled out his cellphone and dialed, clearing his throat. He put the phone up to his ear as he continued scanning the park for his clearly derranged friend.
"Yeah Kagome." Miroku paused and sighed, "I messed up. I lost Inuyasha"
"What do you mean you lost him?" The smooth voice rang though the phone.
"He got away from me, he thinks I'm trying to run an intervention on him." Miroku sighed looking around.
"We kind of our Miroku, I mean he just seems so distracted lately." Kagome said through the phone.
"He yelled at me." Miroku sighed.
"Sorry, he probably just getting upset." She said.
"No, I mean he shouted at me." Miroku sighed. "He did that dragon shout thing at me and ran."
"Oh god, he got worse, well, we have to find him now then." Kagome said worried.
"What's Sango doing?" Miroku asked.
"She's hiding the game somewhere in our house just in case Inuyasha doubled back." Kagome reasured Miroku.
"Ok." Miroku said looking around. "Well I," he paused and looked over the feild. "I got to go I think I know where to find him."
"Alright just let me know when you find him." She said before the phone clicked and went silent.
Miroku walked across the field to an old homeless man with a long grey beard. An unwashed smell filled Miroku's nose as he got closer.
"Excuse me sir." He paused to take a mouthy breath. "Have you seen a man about yey tall." Miroku held his hand up a little over his head trying not to cough. "He had a brown backpack." Miroku sighed. "He may have been acting, weird."
"Yesh I have." The old man slurred. "He came over here out a breath and started going on about me teaching him a shout."
"I'm so sorry, he's my friend. He needs help." Miroku sighed.
"Thats for damn sure." The old man said. "He got angry when I told him how to say 'Ma'am would you please bare your chest' in French."
"Ok." Miroku said confused. "Well thanks, I'll try and find him." He said reaching into his bag. Here I have an extra one." Miroku handed over a small wrapped sandwich.
"Well thank you, it's good to see all you young people aren't all on drugs." The old man smiled eating his sandwich.
"Thank you." Miroku said as he quickly walked away, the smell of unwashed old man quickly leaving his nose.
Miroku walked around the park passing up families playing, people walking their dogs, and kids running around with kites. The sun was beating down harder as clouds rolled away. He stopped and took a drink of water and looked around. He walked over to a picnic area that overlooked more of the park. Miroku walked over to the edge of the hill and felt a breeze roll up through the trees. He looked down and thought about the climb it took to get here. He closed his eyes to enjoy the cool air for a moment.
"Hello Miroku." Inuyasha said with a stern tone.
"What!?" Miroku said turning. "Hey, there you are, come on we're going home."
"I don't think so Miroku, your illusionary tricks won't work on me." Inuyasha smiled.
"I'm not trying to trick you, just help, you crazy asshole!" Miroku yelled.
"Crazy?" Inuyasha laughed. "I'm not crazy, I'm just enjoying life, seizing the day." He took a deep breath. "But if you want to try, come get me."
"Alright" Miroku said taking steps forward. Inuyasha swiftly put his arms up and showed a small metal tube. "What's that for?" Miroku said stopping.
"I can summon the wild to fight for me." Inuyasha laughed. "Make your move friend."
"Oh come on now, you can't be serious." Miroku laughed.
"You forget, people walk their dogs through here." Inuyasha smiled as he blew air through the small tube. He stood and waited with a smile.
"See, it did nothing." Miroku smirked. His expression changed as several dogs came running across the park torward them. Inuyasha hopped onto a picnic table dodging the dogs as they made their way over to jump on Miroku. The dogs jumped up and tried playing with Miroku as he struggled to calm them down.
"Ha told you!" Inuyasha yelled as he jumped off the table. "I'm unstopable!" He began to run off in the distance torward a large building.
"Down!" Miroku yelled to all the dogs still jumping around him. Various people came up to get their dog and gave apologies.
Miroku dusted himself off and looked torward the building Inuyasha ran to. One last person stuck around with their small brown dog and looked curious of the situation.
"Is everything ok?" The older woman said with a smile. "Your friend seems to have a problem."
"Yeah, It's complicated." Miroku chuckled a bit.
"Intermediate Sudoku is complicated." She said with a pause. "I've seen this before, my nephew had some, issues with that game."
"You mean your nephew played." Miroku said before being cut off.
"No!" the woman snapped. "Please don't bring up the name. I have such horrible memories." She sighed deep. "The cats will never be the same."
"Sorry to here that." Miroku said, "I got to go get my friend before he causes more trouble."
"I will help you." The woman said sternly.
"Really why?" Miroke asked confused.
"Because, I've seen how far this can go, and you will need the help." She smiled. "Let's hurry."
"Alright." Miroku said shrugging. "I'm Miroku." He introdced himself politely.
"And we don't have time for this." She paused looking into Josh's eyes. "Kaede, now come on." She said hurrying torward the large building. Miroku followed quickly behind.