InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ An Adventurer Like You ❯ Hilltop Picnic Pavillion ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Miroku and Kaede maee there way to a large covered picnic area. They pass several vending machines filled with snacks and drinks. Miroku paused for a moment and relaxed under the cool shade of the pavillion. He sat and finished off his water bottle.
"What are you doing, get up." Kaede said in a rush.
"I've been running up the stairs for a while in the sun. I need a breather." Miroku said wiping sweat off his face.
"Ha." Kaede laughed. "Try raising three kids." Kaede looked around the pavillion confused. "So what does your friend look like, I only got a glimpse of him."
"Well." Miroku said scoping the room. "He looks like." He paused. "He's filling his bag with soda." Miroku pointed to a row of vending machines.
"Stay here." Kaede warned. "He doesn't know my face. I'll try and calm him down." She smiled and made her way over to Inuyasha.
She walked across the large pavillion toward the vending machines. Inuyasha was filling his backpack with Sweet Cherry and Rockin Blueberry sodas.
"My you're thirsty aren't you young man." Kaede smiled as she made conversation.
"I'm getting ready" Inuyasha said not looking up.
"Ready? For what?" Kaede asked curious.
"I have a long way to go and I need to keep my strength up." Inuyasha said looking up at the older woman. "Are you joining the quest?"
"I'm afraid I can't do that. I'm far to busy today." Kaede smirked.
"Which means you have sided with my friend and thus an enemy." Inuyasha stood up and zipped up his backpack leaving out one cherry soda. "Tell Miroku he has to try harder than that." he mocked as he opened up the soda and chugged it down. "Oh yeah that feels good!"
"Hey, um," Kaede paused for a moment. "Miroku! it didn't work!" she yelled over. Miroku came running over to try and subdue Inuyasha.
"Ok Inuyasha, I think this has gone to far now, let's just go home." Miroku said cautiously.
"Oh Miroku, I can't do that now. I'm on a quest.' Inuyasha smiled.
"Inuyasha, Kagome called and said you were done." Miroku reassured him.
"Ha!" Inuyasha laughed. "I finished that quest already, I have a far more important quest to undertake."
"Listen Dovakin you need to slay the dragon attacking your home." Kaedesaid calmly. Miroku gave her odd stares. "Come let's go and find it together." Kaede said stepping closer.
"I have one question." Inuyasha asked. "What is your alligence?" He waited for a response.
"Um." Kaede paused. "Stormcloak." She answered unsure.
"I knew it!" Inuyasha screamed. He pulled a couple cans from his bag and shook them. "Enemies of Imperial law, your days are numbered. Prepare for your end!" Inuyasha yelled as he slamed the two cans to the ground.
Inuyasha ran through the pavillion crowd as Kaede and Miroku dodged out of the way of spraying soda. They recollected themselves and looked through the crowded pavillion.
"What was that all about with the dragon?" Miroku asked.
"He believes he is questing, and I sent him on a mission." Kaede cleared her throat. "When my nephew went through this he had bought the special edition of the game."
"Yeah, Inuyasha did too." He responded still looking over the crowd.
"I believe the dragon staute is the source of his madness." Kaede smiled. "Destroy the dragon, save your friend."
"Hold on I'll call his girlfriend." Miroku pulled his cell out and looked back at Kaede. "What?"
"Nothing, I'm just surprised he has a girlfriend." Kaede smirked.
"He won't if we can't fix him." Miroku laughed.
"Hey!" A large voiced boomed through the crowd. Miroku slipped the phone back into his pocket. "This guy says that you two said my mother was a skanky whore!" The voice boomed again, now closer. Miroku looked around for the source of the voice.
The voice came from a large figure emerging from the crowd carrying a golf bag. He stood nearly seven foot tall and muscles almost ripped his shirt. He walked toward them and pulled a nine iron out of his bag. He slung the club over his shoulder and looked down at them.
"No, No we didn't say anything like that." Miroku said nervously trying to defend himself.
"My mother's dead you little punk!" The large man screamed getting ready to hit Miroku with the club. "I'm tired of little punks running their mouths off and think they can just get away with it!" The man screamed swinging his arm. Kaede's little brown dog quickly ran to the man bitting his ankle hard. The man missed and cracked the concrete ground, bending his club. He kicked the dog away causing the dog to yelp. Kaede quickly rushed to help her dog.
"Hey man calm down!" Miroku screamed. "Nobody here did anything to you."
"You fucked up my nine iron you little shit!" The man screamed and flew a fist into Miroku's stomach, taking the wind out of him.
He bent over in pain and tried to breathe. He looked up at the man,who was getting ready to swing again. Miroku quickly stood up and kicked him hard in the groin. The large man fell to his knees and moaned in pain. Miroku quickly pulled his fist back and slammed it across the man's jaw. The man became dazed for a few moments as Miroku shook off the pain in his hand and wrist. The large man tried to stand and Josh hit him again, keeping him down. Miroku repeated till the man fell over, he threw a few kicks in to make sure he stayed down. Miroku stood up straight almost passing out from lack of air. He rubbed his sore hand and looked down at the large man.
"Ha!" Miroku gasped. "You're. Not so tough." He said,trying to catch his breath. He slowly moved over to Kaedeholding his stomach. The crowd cheered over the fight that just occured.
"You okay?" Kaede asked.
"I feel like I'm going to throw up." Miroku said wincing, "Do you see Inuyasha anywhere?"
"No, I believe your friend gave you the slip." Kaede stood up holding her brown dog. "I'm going home, I need to take care of Sebastion." She said kissing her dog gently. "Find the dragon statue and destroy it, do it before more people are hurt."
"Ok." Miroku sighed. "Thank you for your help."
"Here." Kaede said handing Miroku a card. "In case you require my help again."
"You're a therapist?" Miroku asked.
"Yes and I have experience with, whatever this is, good luck." Kaede said walking away torward a parking lot.
Miroku looked around at the crowd, some were helping the large golfer to his feet. Miroku walked away quickly keeping his head turned. His phone rang, he answered it quitely, still sore from the fight.
"Hey Babe, where are you?" Miroku smiled while he answered.
"I'm in the parking lot, Kagome said to come get you and Inuyasha." Sango said with a happy tone.
"Um, about that." Miroku paused. "The situation got worse."
"How do you mean worse? I thought Inuyasha was acting like a basket case." Sango asked curious.
"I'll explain in a minute, I'll be over there in a second." He paused for a moment. "Love you too." Miroku hung up his phone and walked toward a silver Ford Explorer.