InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ An Encounter With Fate ❯ And Off We Go! ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: YAY!!! MAY 3!!! Happy birthday to me!!! *does happy dance* I'm 13! Yay!!! God, I feel so old. ^_^

Disclaimer: candles, money, gift cards, manga, nope. No inuyasha rights here!

An Encounter With Fate

Chapter 6 - And Off We Go!

Last Time:

"So we are a group of wanderers then," Sango said cheerily.

"So would this group wanderers be willing to add another wanderer?" he asked. They were probably going to say now.

The three looked at each other they all gave each other looks. They all silently talked to each other. It was strange to see them like that. But Miroku responded, disregarding the disapproving looks (actually more like glares) from Inuyasha. "We'd be glad to have you along."

=*=

"Thank you for your kindness," Kiyoshi replied. "In any case, here, eat." He handed each one a cup of cooked instant ramen with a pair of chopsticks sticking out (A/N: I use a spoon when I eat ramen, so I'm not exactly sure how they eat it… I think I'll go it ramen right now)

"What is this stuff?" Inuyasha asked through a mouth full of noodles.

"Its called ramen, Inuyasha." He replied (A/N: remember, Kagome is a `he' for now, since he's Kiyoshi now).

`Hmm…Ramen. I have to remember that one,' Inuyasha thought to himself, slurping some more noodles.

The night passed without incident and soon each member of the group, one by one, had turned in for bed. Inuyasha was now sitting on a branch of the tree that Kiyoshi was leaning against. Sango and Miroku resided at opposite sides of the now dying fire, Sango on the left, Miroku on the right. But only half of them succeeded in getting to sleep.

Inuyasha was thinking, `I wonder where Kiyoshi got that ramen stuff. Hmm…that Kiyoshi guy seems pretty suspicious. His hair is way too well kept to be some guy's hair. Doesn't smell all that right, either. Smells down right feminine.' Inuyasha shrugged. `Well, maybe it's not that suspicious. I mean, Sesshy looks and smells feminine too. Ah well. Whatever.' He let out a sigh, which was followed by a yawn. Soon, his eyes began to droop and left one member of the group awake.

Kiyoshi sat, watching the last orange and red remnants of the fire die down. He was questioning the validity of his actions. `Did I really do the right thing? Was it right that I blatantly lied to these people? After they were so nice to me, and let me join them? Am I really a wanderer? Was it really right for me to have run away from home?' he sighed, and leant his head back on the tree trunk. He watched Inuyasha up in the tree, sleeping. It was a miracle that he slept like that, not falling out or anything. He closed his eyes and let another sigh escape from him. He returned to his thoughts. `I guess it was right for me to have run away. I mean, they had it comin' at them when they ignored me all the time.' His thoughts continued like this for a bit before he too, succumbed to sleep.

=*=

When Kiyoshi awoke the next morning, around nine or ten o'clock, everyone else was awake. They were all sitting around the fire, which had been started again. Miroku was sitting, cooking something in a pot, while Sango was doing something or other at the stream. Leaning up a bit from the tree he had been leaning on, Kiyoshi scratched his head with one hand and rubbed his eye with the other.

Sango and Miroku saw him and stopped what they were doing to greet him. "Mornin'" "Good Morning"

"Hn" was his reply. He stood up and plopped down in front of the fire, next to Miroku. He felt something being pushed into his hands. He opened his eyes a bit and found that it was a cup of tea. Not questioning it at all, he took a large sip. Sango, the one who had placed the cup in his hands, looked over and saw him taking a sip. She yelled while reaching her hand out, "No! You haven't put any s-" but he didn't stop.

Kiyoshi drank the tea. He almost gagged. It was worse than anything he had ever tasted. It was strong and very, very bitter. The taste made his tongue cringe. He ran to the river and rinsed his mouth several times. Sango and Miroku laughed at him while he coughed, spit, and tried to remove the terrible taste from his mouth. He rubbed his tongue vigorously in an attempt to get the taste out of his mouth faster. He came back and sat in his spot with his tongue sticking out.

"Blech!" Kiyoshi exclaimed while spitting some more on the ground. Wiping his mouth, he continued, "That stuff is terrible! What the hell is it?!"

Sobering a bit, Miroku answered, "Its tea, duh!" as he continued cooking.

"Well, that's the worse tea I have ever tasted in my eighteen years of life." He said, sticking his tongue out again.

"Well, maybe you should have put some of this in first." Sango held out a bag to him. He took the bag and looked inside. It was full of sugar cubes.

"Oh. Whoops." Taking his cup of tea, he put two sugar cubes into it. Swirling it around a bit, he took a timid little sip. It tasted a lot better. He took a larger sip before saying, "That's a helluva lot better," he took another sip.

"Is that food done yet?" Inuyasha said while emerging from the forest.

"Yep." He responded while pouring some of the cooked food into a bowl that was provided by Sango. He handed the bowl to Inuyasha, who immediately starting scarfing it down. Kiyoshi was next handed a bowl full of food. It was some sort of stew with some chunks of meat or fish, filled with herbs and spices. It smelled heavenly. It was then he realized how hungry he was and began scarfing it down as well, though not as fast as Inuyasha. Sango and Miroku sweatdropped while they ate their breakfast, slowly, more because they were watching Kiyoshi and Inuyasha eat. Sango thought, `I thought Inuyasha was the only one who ate like that.' Miroku thought, `I hope they remember to breathe.'

When they finished breakfast, there was no stew left. Miroku looked into the pot and sweatdropped. "I guess we'll just have to hunt again later."

"How many bowls did you guys eat?" Sango said.

Inuyasha and Kiyoshi shrugged. They began counting on their fingers. "Around ten" Inuyasha said.

"Haha, I ate more than you," Kiyoshi said proudly.

"No, that was an estimate. I probably ate more than you, stick boy. How many did you eat," he responded

"Twelve," he said proudly.

Inuyasha's jaw dropped. He quickly regained himself by saying; "You're probably lying. A stick boy like you couldn't eat twelve bowls of stew."

A vein popped in Kiyoshi's head. How dare he call him a liar! "I am no liar. You're just a sore loser!" he stuck out his tongue at Inuyasha.

"No I'm not! You're a liar!" he retorted

"No I'm not! You're a loser!" he replied.

"Liar!"

"Loser!"

"Liar!"

"Loser!"

"Liar!"

"Loser!"

"LIAR!"

"LOSER!"

"LIAR!"

"LOSER!"

"LIAR!"

"LOSER!"

"ENOUGH!" said Sango and Miroku at once.

"Lets get going already." She said. Inuyasha and Kiyoshi glared daggers at each other before Kiyoshi grabbed his bag and stalked off in the direction that Sango and Miroku had started off in. Shooting another look at Inuyasha, he stuck his nose up in the air and stomped off.

Inuyasha shot a look that said, "You better watch out," at the back of his head, and started after them while mumbling and grumbling to himself.

Sango and Miroku looked back at them. They were walking side by side, but they each looked anywhere but at each other. They sweatdropped and sighed as they thought, `This is gonna be a loooong trip.'

*^*

A/N: Yay! Ch. 6! Oh, and sorry about the argument part. I just had to put that in ^_^ anyway, I'm sorry it's a bit on the short side. I'm sorta supposed to be upstairs, there's a mini-party with my family that I'm supposed to be at ^_^;;

Anyways, REVIEW!!!! please? As a birthday gift? ^_^