InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ An Everlasting Love ❯ Chapter one ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
1Okay, this is my first Kanna fanfic . And I’ve never seen a Sesshomaru Kanna fic..hey, it’s worth a try. I think these are some of the most complex characters and I think it’ll be fun to toy around with them. So, without further adue

Chapter one: A long journey began

It seemed like almost an eternity since she’d left the village, her only possession, the small mirror that Naraku had given her. It was the one and only connection to her past that she would allow into her life. When Naraku was killed and Kagura went away, she was alone for almost two years before an old woman had stumbled across the dirty child. She’d helped her and kept her safe despite her demon heritage. She’d stayed with the woman for nearly a decade before she died. After the woman’s death she knew that it was time to find him. She’d spent so many endless nights thinking of him. The silver haired warrior with the golden eyes that you could spend your entire life staring into. She could remember his every feature, and that voice that sounded as if angels were speaking to you. Kanna allowed a smile to grace her delicate features.

She stopped walking only momentarily to look into the sky, the stars shimmering brightly as if smiling down upon her.

She’d changed so much from the timid child she used to be. She possessed a more adult look now. Her hair now hung at her waist, and her large round eyes had lost almost all of their former innocence, they were much more striking and vibrant. She wore a long white dress that flowed well beyond her feet. Never breaking her gaze with the sky she heard a voice call out to her.

“What are you doing here, demon?” A man yelled.

“Leave our village at once!” Yelled another.

Kanna finally broke her gaze and turned to look at the people. “I do not wish to harm you. Please return to your homes. I have no intention of staying. I only wish to continue my journey.”

“I don’t believe that! She must be here to kill the priestess”

“Your priestess is not of my concern.” Kanna said turning to walk away.

“Die, demon!” Another man yelled, attempting to fire an arrow at her.

Kanna lifted her hand, and a barrier encircled her almost instantly, causing the arrow to shatter on contact. She continued to walk unflinchingly as if the entire situation hadn’t taken place. After hours of walking Kanna decided to rest near a small stream.

She held her small mirror close to her chest and thought of Sesshomaru. She pulled it away from her chest and peered into it. She had to know what he was doing, and where he could be. Magically, his image appeared before her on the small mirror.

“Master Sesshomaru. Are you sure that it is wise to leave the castle at this time? After all, the war has begun again. What if someone tries to-“

“Silence, Jaken .If you want you can stay here and defend the castle with everyone else.”

“I could never leave my lord and master,” Jaken said speeding up to be at Sesshomaru’s side.

Before Sesshomaru could take a few good steps someone was calling his name.

“Lord Sesshomaru, Lord Sesshomaru!”

“What is it Himeno?”

“Lady Rin has fainted. We don’t know what could possibly be wrong with her.”

Sesshomaru sighed, and started back towards the castle.

“Foolish human girl probably overworked herself again. Honestly, Lord Sesshomaru I don’t understand why you allow her to stay here.”

Sometimes I wonder that myself.

“Jaken, if you utter one more word I will kill you.” Sesshomaru said, his voice holding no emotion.

Kanna frowned inwardly and put the mirror down by her side. This Rin girl. Yes, I remember. She was the human girl that was always with him. Surely he can’t have feelings for this girl.

Kanna stood to her feet and started towards her destination again. The Western Lands. Hours passed before Kanna decided to rest again. She sat atop a boulder momentarily closing her tired eyes. All she could see was him. She didn’t know why he captivated her so. She thought about the past frowning as the acknowledgment of Kagura’s past infatuation crossed her mind. I wonder if he still holds feelings for her. What if I approach him and he sends me away? What can I say to him? What have I gotten myself into? Kanna sighed, and pulled her knees to her chest. She hadn’t taken time to think of the consequences. The only thing she could think of was Sesshomaru pulling her into his arms.

“Ah, look what we have here. She’s a hot one.”

Kanna opened her eyes and were met with the ugliest demons she’d ever seen in her eyes. She couldn’t contain the gasp that’d risen in her throat.

“Do we frighten you.”

“Yes, you do.” You faces frighten me.

“Don’t worry, we won’t hurt you.”

“That’s more than I can say for Jehiro.” The shorter demon laughed. The taller one followed suit and began to laugh as well. Kanna rolled her eyes and slipped from the boulder and started back on her journey. The demons stopped laughing when they noticed that she was walking away.

“And where do you think you’re going?” The taller one asked, approaching her.

“I think I’m headed for the castle of the Western Lands.”

“But why would you want to go there when the party’s so much better here.” The shorter one said smiling.

“I think I’ll pass. I have important matters to tend to.” She said walking a little faster her long tresses flailing as the wind began to pick up.

“You dare disrespect us with that tone!” The taller one said running towards Kanna.

Please say you loved it, please!