InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ An Unexpected Ending ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Prologue

~Flashback~

Kagome walked silently back from junior high, avoiding any possible distractions that could make her late. She knew Inuyasha isn’t the patient type, especially when it dealt jewel shards and she didn’t even want to think about what he would if she didn’t come back right away. She started to get lost in thought. Besides she was the only one who could sense jewel fragments anyway. Well that is all she was to Inuyasha, a jewel detector... Not that he had feelings for her if he had any at all but didn’t want to show because he thought it was a weakness. But to Kagome it was a strength, that she cared for Inuyasha, and he was always with her, protecting her from any danger. Inuyasha lived a hard a lonely life from not being accepted by anyone as a hanyou. Not even his lost friend Kikyo had cared for him as a Half-demon but would care for him as a human. Kikyo didn’t care what Inuyasha wanted, she just wanted a normal life…. To live and die like humans would with their loved ones and to have no interference with hanyous like Inuyasha or demons like Sesshomaru. He had to go on with no one as support when things went bad. No one to care for as a real friend. ‘I like Inuyasha the way he is… why would he just accept me as a jewel detector?’ ‘Or does he accept me as something more?’ Suddenly, she awoke from her daydreams when a familiar called out her name. “Kagome!” She called out. “Oh hi Ayumi, Yuka.. Eri.” Kagome answered. “You’ve been a long, is everything ok?” Ayumi questioned. Kagome froze… then straitened to confidence. “Yeah, just sick a lot is all!” Kagome jerked, and thought ’I’m starting to sound like Inuyasha…. Wait!’ “I’m sorry I have to leave.. I’m meeting someone!” “Bye!” Kagome picked herself up and rushed back to the Higurashi shrine as fast as possible. Yuka, Ayumi, and Eri just stood there blankly… then Eri decided to break the silence “I bet this has something to do with her two-timing, possessive boyfriend!” Suggested Eri. “Yeah, you are probably right!” Yuka said as the three girls headed back to their homes.

Meanwhile..
Inuyasha sat on the feudal side by the well and thought “Damn!” “Where is she!?” “She should be by now!” Inuyasha said as he jumped in the well and ran to the roof of Kagome’s room waiting impatiently. “I’m home!” Kagome said as she walked up to her and fell back the bed exhausted. “Kagome!” Shouted a Inu hanyou. ’Oh no!’ ’He’d be yelling at me for being late and we’d be wasting precious jewel hunting time!’ Kagome thought when the hanyou silently opened the window and hoped on Kagome’s bed staring down at the tired girl. She then opened her eyes to see Inuyasha just above her. “AAAHHHHHH!!” she screamed pushing Inuyasha off the bed and onto the floor. “What was that for!” Inuyasha insisted. “You were right above me!” Kagome yelled. “It was for waking you up!” Inuyasha lied. ’ Really, she is just so beautiful!’ Inuyasha thought while she got up and packed up her things for the trip to the feudal era. “Come on!” He moaned. “Alright I’m coming!” She yelled back as she was lifted by Inuyasha and placed in the well.
~End Flashback~