InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ An Unrevealed Secret, A Hidden Past ❯ Coming Back To Reality ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

An Unrevealed Secret, A Hidden Past

Chapter Fifteen:

Coming Back To Reality

I decided to reward everyone for their reviews with another chapter! Aren't I just the nicest girl you ever met?

Audience: *cough* *cough* NO!

Moon: *sweat-drops*

Disclaimer: The usual. Me no own. You no sue.

A/N:This story will be ending shortly. When Kagome talks, imagine how the people in the Matrix speak.

***

There was a long silence. Kouga stood, electric blue eyes wide with shock. Inuyasha had just frozen. Shippo whimpered and hid, and Kirara growled furiously.

"Thank you father," Kagome said, piercing the silence with her cold voice. She bowed.

"How should we dispose of them?" Naraku asked her as all of the men clustered in a straight line behind them. Kagome shrugged.

"Do whatever you like, just leave him," she replied, pointing towards Inuyasha who was growling.

"As you wish." Naraku casually made a gesture which involved the flick of the wrist and the snap of long, pale fingers, and the men sprang into action. They tackled the wolf pack, tying them with ropes, aiming their guns to their heads. Kirara, Shippo, Miroku, and Sango were wrestled from the trees. But, Kirara wouldn't back down. She was shot with a mild tranquilizer.

"That'll teach ya!" one scoffed as Sango whimpered, running over to her.

Kagome's eyes showed no hint of emotion as she led Inuyasha into a chopper nearby, kicking a man who was lingering inside in the ocean. (If the situation wasn't so serious, I woulda fell out laughing!)

"Kagome…how could you do this! To us…to your friends?" Inuyasha growled, fists shaking in rage. She shrugged again.

"I don't know you. I only show loyalty to my crew and father. He should have booted me, once I failed my last mission with Sherman, but I've got a reprieve."

"Sherman?..."

"None of your business."

"So it's just gonna end like this!" Inuyasha yelled. "You're gonna kill the whole entire island for fun for a reprieve? That's people's lives! Hell, a few months ago, I wouldn't of hesitated, but when you came you changed me. I never knew what it felt like to be accepted, to be loved. And now you're gonna throw all of that away!"

"I haven't the faintest idea of what you are referring to. My old memories are gone. I read my diary. That was all I needed. I must have been some mental case. To live with such…poor people as you! Such abnormalities. You seem to be the only one who doesn't understand."

"What happened to you?"

"Are you a little touched in the head?" Kagome inquired with obvious irritation. "It was a dream! Now that father has returned, nothing else matters. I have goals. I don't know what I poisoned you with when I was that other girl, but you've got to step in the present."

"Don't you hear yourself talk?" Inuyasha raged, face turning red with anger. What happened to his sweet, beautiful, wonderful Kagome? The whole island would be slaughtered, his friends would be slaughtered if he couldn't find a way to snap her out of this daze.

"I can hear crystal-clear thank you very much."

"This island will be soaked in blood. Your friend's blood!"

"I haven't got any friends. I prefer solitude."

"Is this always how you were like?" Inuyasha screeched. Kagome was making his blood boil. For some reason, he felt the strong urge to hit her. He cringed at the thought. "A cruel, heartless bitch!"

She growled at him, while she stroked a small knife in her sheathe.

"Please refrain from using such language at me!"

"You're a monster. Worse than a monster," he said quietly.

"I'll call you when I care!"

I gotta do something and FAST! If this keeps on we'll run outta time! All Naraku has to do is wait for Kagome's signal and…I got it!

Before Kagome could protest, he leapt at her, drawing her into a bone-crushing huge. He felt something rip his skin. Her knife. Not letting go, he placed his hands on her cheeks and brought her lips to his.

***

INU

Her lips were cold. She wasn't responding. He felt as if he had failed and now that gnash in his stomach was bleeding furiously. But suddenly she loosened, got warmer, and kissed him back.

***

KAG

She had no idea what she was doing. All she knew was that her eyes snapped open, and a pair of warm, soft lips were pressed against her own. She looked a loose strand of silvery hair. Inuyasha. Smiling, she returned the kiss, moaning softly.

***
NORMAL

They broke apart. Their faces were pink.

"Kagome?..." Inuyasha said unsurely.

"INUYASHA!" she screamed, flinging herself into his arms, sobbing. "GOMEN! GOMEN!" He stroked her head uncertainly, nuzzling her.

"It's okay, sssssh, everything is gonna be alright. Please don't cry," Inuyasha cooed, his grip on her increasing. Finally, her small shoulders stopped trembling and she looked up at him, teary eyed.

"W-What are we going to do? About the island? Kirara? My friends? Naraku?"

"We'll think of something, but you gotta stay strong, okay?" He felt her nod in his arms.

Suddenly, there was rapping on the metal door.

"What?" Inuyasha yelled.

"Time's up! Naraku just sent out the troops!"

MUWAHAHAHAHA! CLIFFHANGER. I know, I'm really evil and this chapter was extra short, but it needed to be so I could have a basis for my other, much longer chapter. I hope you enjoyed this one and remember to review. Aloha.