InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ And if we meet again... ❯ Seperation ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
 
“So it's settled,” Miroku said as he stood up, “Inuyasha you'll go with Kagome and search for Naraku in the East and North. Sango and I will head West and South.”
 
Inuyasha nodded and helped Kagome with the rather large yellow backpack she always carried around. One thought echoed through all of their minds but they each refused to speak it.`What if…one of us doesn't make it back? Is this the last time we'll ever see each other all together…?'
 
Miroku and Inuyasha shook hands while Kagome and Sango hugged. Shippo looked sadly at Kirara and simultaneously broke into tears. He sobbed while he spilled his and the others' thoughts, “Wh… What if we run do into Naraku?! Or… or Sango and Miroku do?!” All of them turned to look at Shippo. Kagome, Sango, and Miroku looked at him with deep understanding and pity while Inuyasha only looked on with annoyance. Shippo continued with tears choking his voice, “You… you guys might die! Or we might! Why… why do we ha… have to separate?! Can`t we just stay to… together?! Plea… please?!”
 
“Oh, Shippo!” Kagome scooped Shippo up in her arms before Inuyasha hit him. “Sit.” She mumbled and turned back to Shippo after Inuyasha hit the ground, “It's okay, we'll be alright. We all have to separate, because we can cover more ground faster and have a better chance at finding Naraku. Do you still want to go with Inuyasha and me?” Kagome wiped away the little fox's large tears.
 
“Uh huh.” Shippo nodded sadly as Sango and Miroku came around to try and comfort him.
 
“I promise to keep Sango and Kirara safe,” Miroku said as his cursed hand slipped and groped Sango. Her face turned red and she growled, “You should worry about yourself!” At the end of her sentence a red hand mark was visible on Miroku's face. Miroku grinned and rubbed the fresh print on his face and Shippo had to laugh despite himself.
 
“I understand, we'll all be fine. That's the way it has to be, right?” Shippo buried his head in the crook of Kagome's elbow.
 
Inuyasha gave the young demon boy another look of utter annoyance and asked, “Can we go now?!”
 
“Not yet. You know what Shippo said is true. One of us could and possibly will die.” Kagome looked between Inuyasha, Miroku, and Sango. She knew that could possibly be her that would die, though Inuyasha would say that was impossible because she would be with him. “We have to be able to prepare ourselves for the worst.”
 
Inuyasha perked his ears up and nodded but gained his smug look back before anyone could notice his emotions, “Keh. It won't be me so don't worry if that's what you`re all thinkin'.”
 
Miroku laughed, “We weren't worried at all for you because only your arrogance can possibly kill you, Inuyasha.”
 
The others laughed with him until tears rolled down their cheeks but Inuyasha growled then hit Miroku on the head, “Shut up or I'll really give you something to cry about and I'll be the one who kills you!”
 
With her free hand Kagome pulled out some of ninja food, she had cooked special for the occasion, out of her backpack. She shrugged as if it were nothing as she set it on the picnic clothe she had lain down a minute before, “A last meal, possibly? Before we go off in our own directions?”
 
Inuyasha was easily brought back to contentment with the delight of seeing his beloved ramen noodles in front of him. Quickly he grabbed it and began to gobble it down without even bothering to chew. Kagome glared at him because she had set food down that had taken her all morning to fix for all of them. `It's so typical that he wouldn't even notice or care about what I made that is sitting there right in front of his filthy nose.' Sensing Kagome's anger, Inuyasha looked up at her and gulped. The ramen was finished quickly and he began to eat one of the omelets, his fearful golden eyes stayed on her as she focused on eating her own food.
 
After they finished the decently pleasant lunch, Sango and Kagome began to clean up the mess that surrounded them. It wasn't a large mess, but just big enough to care about. The time for saying `goodbye' was drawing nearer and becoming harder and harder to say. What's so good about goodbye anyway? All it really means is that you're leaving with the possibility of not coming back and seeing those who had heard you speak the dreaded word. All it leaves behind it is tears and frustrations as your mind unwillingly wanders back to those you'd left behind.
 
Saving grief for another time, the friends said that dreaded word to each other. Tears welled up in the girls and Shippo's eyes but they all quickly wiped them away. Knowing this could be the last time they ever see each other they began to walk away. Inuyasha and Kagome to the North; Miroku and Sango to the South. One group was bound to run into Naraku, and they fully believed Naraku would be defeated. All knew danger seemed to loom in the air and that something was going to happened but not one dared to speak a word of the loathed feeling.
 
~*~A/N- Okay, not the great beginning I was hoping for, but I think it came out okay… R'n'R for me and tell me what you think. Next chapter will be all M/S and the third will be all I/K and so on and so forth. Write with ya soon! Rose~*~