InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Antagonists Unite ❯ Chapter Eight ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Antagonists Unite
By: DarkCrystalis
also edited by Jon04CTSV
XxXx
Chapter Eight
It's Monday, and I'm not happy about it. I always feel so drained after the weekend; I get used to sleeping in, and then suddenly I have to drag myself out of bed at eight in the morning.
Talk about life being not fair.
Wiping the sleep from my eyes, I sighed as I went to the shower. The short-lived weekend played back in my head—as if tauntingly,—and I groaned. Well, specifically yesterday.
My attempt with getting some work done this weekend was shot to shit—courtesy of Sesshoumaru,—and now I'm left with nothing but a feeling of dread in the pit of my stomach. The music assignment is due in three weeks, and not one note has been added to the blank staffs of music. We're going to be seriously screwed if we leave this until the last day, I'm sure of it
As the hot water ran down my face, I felt myself relax. I don't even have anything to worry about; three weeks more, right? Nothing could possibly go wrong…
XxXx
As everyone slowly walked to their classes, an announcement boomed out from the speakers.
“I'd like to announce that the Fall dance is coming up, so grab your boyfriends or girlfriends, and buy a ticket for only five dollars!” It was the president from the Student Council.
“That's right, only five dollars, but get them quick, because they sell out fast! Sales start today at lunch, and end next week, so get your ticket while its hot!”
XxXx
Lunch time rolled around in quick-time, and I grinned. The classes weren't boring, and for once, I wasn't grumpy this morning, despite the fact that we all know I'm not a morning person.
There wasn't any homework from first period, English; all Mr. Kyo had told us to do is read chapters one and two of the book we've started, “To Kill a Mockingbird”.
For Math, Mr. Mitsuko assigned problems on page one hundred eighteen, questions one to ten, and threatened to give us double the homework tomorrow if it wasn't finished tonight. He's an asshole, so I wouldn't worry about him—besides, my dad makes him tremble in his shoes.
I waited around for the others to meet me, and wasn't surprised when they walked down the hallway seconds later. I immediately noticed that Kouga was missing, and couldn't help but feel a little over-joyed.
We left the school, grabbing a bite to eat. I don't want to think about homework or any of that shit; it's too boring, and I couldn't care less about any of it.
XxXx
As I munched on my fried rice, I scratched my head, trying to remember my schedule. Pulling out a piece of paper from in my pocket, I studied it carefully.


Rin Tanshu
Year 4
, Semester 1
Locker 1152

Credits to completion: 8
FULL SCHEDULE
Monday

English Mr.Kyo B72 9:00am-10:30am
Travel time 10:30am-10:35am
MathMr. MitsukoC115 10:35am-12:05pm
Lunch 12:05pm-1:00pm
Travel time 1:00pm-1:05pm
MusicMrs. Whitney A22 1:05pm-2:35pm
Travel time 2:35pm-2:40pm
Study periodLIB 2:40pm-4:10pm
Tuesday
MathMr. Mitsuko C115 9:00am-10:30am
Travel time 10:30am-10:35am
Music Mrs. Whitney A2210:35am-12:05pm
Lunch 12:05pm-1:00pm
Travel time 1:00pm-1:05pm
Study periodLIB 1:05pm-2:35pm
Travel time 2:35pm-2:40pm
English Mrs. Whitney A22 2:40pm-4:10pm
Wednesday
English Mr. Kyo B72 9:00am-10:30am
Travel time 10:30am-10:35am
Math Mr. Mitsuko C115 10:35am-12:05pm
Lunch 12:05pm-1:00pm
Travel time 1:00pm-1:05pm
Music Mrs. Whitney A22 1:05pm-2:35pm
Travel time 2:35pm-2:40pm
Study period LIB 2:40pm-4:10pm

Thursday
Music Mrs. Whitney A22 9:00am-10:30am
Travel time 10:30am-10:35am
Study period LIB10:35am-12:05pm
Lunch 12:05pm-1:00pm
Travel time 1:00pm-1:05pm
EnglishMr. KyoC115 1:05pm-2:35pm
Travel time 2:35pm-2:40pm
Math Mr. MitsukoB72 2:40pm-4:10pm
Friday
Study period LIB9:00am-10:30am
Travel time 10:30am-10:35am
English Mr. Kyo B72 10:35am-12:05pm

Lunch 12:05pm-1:00pm
Travel time 1:00pm-1:05pm
Math Mr. Mitsuko C115 1:05pm-2:35pm
Travel time 2:35pm-2:40pm
Music Mrs. Whitney A22 2:40pm-4:10pm
After going over the schedule, I feel my head begin to throb. It seems like so much all at once, but in reality, there are just four courses rotated throughout the week. It's quite simple, really.
I began to think about the school dance. Who would I go with? Would I even go at all? If anything, at least I'll have Kagome, Sango, and Ayame to go with me…

Shoving the thought away and deciding to dwell more on it later, I put the paper back into my pocket, I can feel a scowl creep over my face. Sure, the morning had been pretty smooth and nothing bad has happened, but something tells me I'll have problems in Music with Sesshoumaru and the assignment…

XxXx
Third period,in Music Class…
Mrs. Whitney walked into the classroom, holding a binder in one hand and a bottle of water in the other. She didn't approve of students drinking anything aside from water in her class, because any other liquids would either coat or damage your vocal chords, according to her. So, instead, the students tended to chug a can of soda prior to her class. They got their sugar fixing, and the teacher didn't see it; it was a marvelous plan, really.
Anyway, I felt my fingers twiddle together in nervousness when she didn't begin speaking, and I knew something was up. Either she was going to give us a pop quiz on last week's criteria, or…
“Hello, class! I hope everyone had a marvelous weekend. However, the lovely days of freedom are over, and we now have to concentrate on our studies. To reinforce my statement, we will be working on our assignments today!”
I heaved a sigh of relief, as if I was let off the hook for something. So maybe not doing our homework on the weekend was such a bad idea…
“Oh, I'll be checking all of your assignments today, to see how far along you've progressed. From what I know, one of the groups has already finished theirs!”
Drat, I guess I'm not lucky; it just wasn't meant to be. I'm going to kill Sesshoumaru…
The man in question looked up at me, as if reading my thoughts. My internal battle of shooting him or slitting his throat didn't show on my face; instead, I shot him a sickly sweet smile. I'm going to kill him, I really am…
He stared back at me, his face devoid of any specific emotion. I want to throw the chair I'm sitting on at him, but I'm probably not strong enough to get it that far. Besides, then I won't have anywhere to sit.
A moment later, the class started to move around, and I realized that I should probably move over to Sesshoumaru so we can start on the assignment. I doubted he'd get his lazy ass over here, so it was up to me to get things going.
Once I plopped down beside him in an empty chair, he looked at me as if he had no idea what was going on.
“The assignment,” I said, and then he seemed to snap out of whatever daydream he was having. Part of me wished I could daydream, too, but that thought flew out of my head when he asked the one question I didn't want to hear.
“What assignment?”
Could I scream and pull out my hair? Should I? Would I? Probably not, but I really, really, really want to…
“We talked about it yesterday, the one due in October, the assignment we're partners for!”
When he didn't say anything, I flapped the assignment package in his face. With two nimble fingers, he took the sheets from me and read them over carefully, as if signing an important document.
“Okay, let's get to it.”
Did someone drop a bomb, or did Sesshoumaru just agree to do homework with me?

“Uh, what?”
I asked, dumbfounded.
“Start the assignment,” he added, as if unsure.
I felt my shyness fade away as we began using pencils to draw rough notes all over the blank staffs. We added half notes, quarters, eighths, and even some sixteenths. Some rests were put in for good measure, and I finally felt as if we were progressing.
When the teacher came over to us fifteen minutes later, she seemed happy with our work. She edited some sections and offered suggestions, but everything seemed to be going just fine.
Maybe Sesshoumaru wasn't such a slacker, after all.
XxXx
Luckily for me, last period on Mondays and Wednesdays means I get to go home early, because of my “study” class. It's not even a class; people never use the period to study, anyway, unless you happen to have it right before a class with a test.
If any students have a study period first thing in the morning, they sleep in. During last period, they'll go home early. Not everyone gets a study period, though; only if you're in grade eleven or twelve, and have enough credits.
As I empty my books into my locker, I feel someone standing behind me. When I turn around, a huge smile lights my face as Kagome attacks me in a huge hug.
“Wow, I still can't get over how Sesshoumaru saved you over the weekend!”
She's still going on about that? That's such old news…
“Yeah,” I say helplessly, not really wanting to talk about it.
Seconds later, Sango and Ayame bounded down the hallway and stopped upon seeing us. They ran over, and then grinned, waving.
“You have a spare today, too?” (A/N: “Spare” is another word for “Study period”)
“Nah, we just don't feel like going to class. Let's go over to Dairy Queen and buy Blizzards! I have a sudden craving for Reese's and Skor…” Kagome's eyes closed, and any second she would begin to drool if not snapped out of her thoughts.
I smiled lightly, and hooked my arm in-between Sango's and Kagome's as Ayame held Sango's other arm.
“Sounds like a plan—maybe they're hiring!”
XxXx
As it turned out, they weren't hiring, but at least everyone got their own desserts. Kagome held onto her Blizzard as if it were her lifeline; Sango munched on a Dilly (A/N: Chocolate covered vanilla ice cream bar), and I slurped up a cappuccino Moolate (A/N: Sort of like a cappuccino, but creamier and thicker). Ayame was the only one that didn't get an ice cream treat; she decided on a blue-raspberry Slurpee. We enjoyed our treats out in the afternoon sun, while smiling and talking amongst one another.
I sighed, realizing what time it was. I'd already stayed way too long, and it was about time I left to get home.
“I hate to be the ender of the party, but I really ought to be going. Koji will be expecting me home soon, and he'll worry if I'm not on time…”
The girls nodded their heads in understanding, and threw out their empty plastic cups and popsicle stick.
“My mom is picking me up today—she can give us a ride home!”
We all cheered, having always hated the public bus transit system, and felt lightened. At least we'd be going home in a clean car, under comfortable circumstances.
When I was dropped off, I waved at them and promised to see them tomorrow. Then, I walked inside, and Koji nearly sprang on me.
“Why are you late?”
“I went to Dairy Queen with Kagome, Sango, and Ayame. Sorry about the…”—I looked at my watch—“Three minute delay.”
He sighed, and ran a hand through his hair.
“I guess I exaggerated, huh?”
I smiled and nodded. “Just a little.”
“Come on, dinner's ready—although you might not be hungry.”
XxXx
Later on that night, Sesshoumaru and Rin—both in their respective homes—thought about the dance, and who they might take. Each thought that at least no matter what, they'd have friends to take, even if there wasn't a date.
Maybe Rin…Sesshoumaru thought, but then scowled, shaking his head. No way.
Maybe Sesshoumaru…Rin thought, but then frowned and shook her head. He wouldn't go for someone like me, anyway.
XxXx
BREAKING NEWS:
I NOW HAVE A WEBSITE!
Do you want to…

…Read some of my
UNPOSTED fanfiction(s) before they're uploaded anywhere else?
…Read chapters for my fanfictions that will be posted on my personal website DAYS BEFORE
they're uploaded on other fanfiction websites?
…Know more about me?
…See what I (and others important to me) look like?
Go to my homepage website, located in my fanfiction profile, or go here:
www . darkcrystalis . com
Leave picture comments, reviews for fanfictions, or find my contact information!
Thank you to those that choose to visit, and I hope you like the site! For those that don't, you're missing out!


Now back to our Regular Author's Note
Angel: Rawr, over 2000 words, not including our ramblings—isn't that sexy?
Jon: Not quite as sexy as your as—
Angel: -Pastes a fake smile on my face- Don't finish that thought, or else you're dead.
Jon: Ehehehe…okay…
Angel: I know, I know, late chapter again, but I'm having a really hard time of where I want this to go.
Jon: Really? I know exactly where I want you to go…down my pan—
Angel: Excuse me a minute. -Drags Jonathan away from the reader's hearing distance-
-Loud talking is heard, but none can be comprehended except “Or no more you-know-what for you!”-
-Both return, Angel smirking while Jonathan sighs-
Angel: Now, I'll do the best that I can for the next update, but I can't make any promises. I know that the last two chapters have been really late, but remember that I'm not giving up on this story, so no matter how long an update takes, it will be posted…
Jon: …eventually.
Angel: Right. So, I hope everyone had a great weekend—I know I did.
Anyway, please read and review my lovelies, and thanks to the reviewers from chapter seven—greatly appreciated! I'm also noting the attempt in writing constructive reviews, and I thank you!
Until chapter nine!
Sincerely,
Angel
and Jon