InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Anxiety ❯ Blink of an eye ( Chapter 12 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

+++Chapter 12+++
++Blink of an eye++
 
“Kagome…” Inuyasha started.
 
“Inuyasha, please, you can do this…just go in there and talk to her.” She begged. Last night, Kagome, Inuyasha, and Kyasha had arrived at the Higurashi shrine, very late. They all sat at the kitchen table, Daitan was in bed so he wasn't informed on his new `sister' yet. Mrs. Higurashi fired questions at Kyasha which made her very uncomfortable, more than she was already, but she answered them all then went to bed early, slowly followed by everyone else.
 
Now, Kyasha hadn't left the room since last night, and it was reaching three in the afternoon. Kyasha had slept in Kagome's old bedroom; it still had all its stuff in it, like the dresser, bed, curtains, and desk, Kagome's clothes. Kagome was now pushing Inuyasha up the stairs so they could both talk to Kyasha about this new event.
 
“I think we should let her come to us…we can't push her into this, this is pretty big for all of us.” Inuyasha grumbled, not wanting to do this in the first place.
 
“We've given her all day to think it through; I think she's waiting for us to come see her…” Kagome pleaded.
 
“Fine, but if she shoves us out of their, then it's your fault.” Inuyasha grumbled. He grabbed the door knob and opened it.
 
“I won't shove you guys out…you're my parents.” Kyasha mumbled, sitting their on the bed with her legs crossed and her arms as well, Indian style. Kagome and Inuyasha realized that she was in her hanyou form again and that she probably had heard what they had said in the hallway outside her door.
 
“I didn't mean it by that…we just have some things to tell you is all.” Inuyasha stuttered.
 
“Tell them then, let's just get all the secrets out on the table.” Kyasha said sarcastically. She was depressed, and a bit scared, though she wouldn't admit it, she couldn't believe her mother, her `adopted' mother, lied to her, and never told her she was, in fact, adopted. “What? Are you murderers as well? Do you actually live at the circus as traveling clowns? Come on, spill…what do you want to tell me?”
 
“Kyasha, we need you to listen to this, please turn around and look at me.” Kagome asked as she sat on the bad. Kyasha hesitantly turned around and sat with her legs crossed. “We're not…well…” Kagome tried to find the words.
 
“We're different…you could say…Kagome here, or your mother, and me can use the bone-eaters well, the well outside, to go back in time…I came from feudal Japan, your mother came from this time.” Inuyasha stated blankly, which caused a glare at him from Kagome, but he ignored it and stared at Kyasha as she turned her gaze back at the girl who hadn't moved. She started laughing.
 
“Nice, now that was a great story…boy, do you two get the greatest parents awards or what?” Kyasha said in another sarcastic tone.
 
“No, Kyasha, your father's right…ya know the old well, at the shrine…actually how about we show you. It will be easier that way.” Kagome said as she grabbed Kyasha's hand. Inuyasha followed them towards the front door; this was going to be something he didn't want to miss.
 
They ran outside, Kyasha trying to pull away from the grip, but decided not to. Kagome pulled her into the old well house and stopped when they reached the well ridge.
 
“Okay, Inuyasha will jump in and fall through to the feudal era, the well leads us there, Inuyasha originally came from that time period, I came from this one, I fell through and met him, we then search for the shards of the Shikon no Tama, that I had accidentally broken.” Kagome signaled for Inuyasha to jump in, Kyasha's face was in utter shock as she saw a pink glow surround him and he was gone.
 
“What? How? This isn't possible.” She said, as she watched Inuyasha return and hop out. “Does this mean…that…you two…”
 
“Are the hanyou and priestess of legend? Yes.” Kagome interrupted.
 
“You can't be serious…this is crazy…it can't be.” Kyasha made sense of this in her head, but was stopped as she felt an arm around hers.
 
“We're serious, this is a bit crazy, and it can be because we've been doing this `jumping through the well' thing for more then sixteen years.” Kagome answered. “How about we try getting Kyasha through again.” She whispered to Inuyasha while Kyasha was still trying to put two and two together.
 
“Again?” Kyasha asked.
 
“Why not, there's nothing to lose….but how do we get her in their?” Inuyasha asked ignoring his daughter, but then a bright idea came to mind as he walked over to where Kyasha stood beside the well and pushed her in.
 
“Inuyasha!” Kagome screamed as she ran to the well. But nothing was there. Did Kyasha truly go through the well? “She's…gone…she went through.” Kagome jumped into the old well followed by Inuyasha.
 
88888888888888888
 
Kyasha was now stumbling along a huge forest, she was pissed off at her father for just pushing her into the well and she would have her revenge, if she could just find her way out of here.
 
“Inuyasha, you're here!” A voice called out from behind her. She turned around to see a young woman with long brown hair and a pink and green kimono; she also had a young girl running behind her. The woman was running up to her, Kyasha froze.
 
“Inuyasha, we need your assistance…where's Kagome, you better not have done anything to her or I'll have your head.” The woman said.
 
`Does she think I'm my father? Who is this woman?' Kyasha thought to herself, but whenever she tried to move her body wouldn't budge.
 
“Inuyasha? What's wrong, has something happened?” She asked. Then Kyasha could finally move as she shouted at her with all her might.
 
“Who are you?!” The woman was looking comical; her shock was then changed into laughing.
 
“What the hell is up with you Inuyasha?” the woman said with her hand on her stomach laughing at Kyasha's expression about the whole matter.
 
“I'm serious, who are you? I'm not Inuyasha…” Kyasha said.
 
“Okay, this isn't funny anymore, your not as good at this as Miroku, you know that? I'm not falling for this joke.” The woman stood there. Then the little girl came out and stood nose to nose with Kyasha. Kyasha was getting really creped out when the girl started to sniff her. The girl obviously wasn't a youkai, but she was odd.
 
“Mommy, this isn't Inuyasha…it's telling the truth.” The little girl said as she put her hand out for a hand shake. “Hi, my name is Hanna. What's your name?”
 
“Uhh, hi Hanna, my name is…Kyasha…” She said as she reached for the girl's hand.
 
“Kyasha…but…” Just then Kagome and Inuyasha came running up.
 
“Kyasha, you should have waited at the well.” Kagome said.
 
“Yeah, but it wasn't my fault that Dad pushed me in.” Kyasha stated.
 
“This…she's…you're…” the woman asked.
 
“Yes, Sango this is our daughter…Kyasha.” Kagome stated.
 
“My…she's so…old…you…found her? When?” Sango stuttered.
 
“Actually just two days ago…we actually knew her for a lot longer, about 3 weeks or so, but we never knew she was our daughter.” Kagome explained. Inuyasha, Kagome, and Sango all glanced at where Kyasha and Hanna were, but they were now in a tree Kyasha, obviously, leaped into with the young girl and now they were sitting there staring into the sky, with the never ending chatter made by Hanna.
 
“I guess Hanna has someone to talk to now that won't leave her, another girl to play with.” Sango added.
 
“Keh, let's get going, where's that monk anyway.” Inuyasha chided.
 
“Kyasha, Hanna, come on, we're going into the village.” Kagome yelled at the two girls. Kyasha grabbed hold of the seven year old and jumped out of the tree. Then she ran with the girl on her back towards her parents.
 
“Wee, faster Kyasha.” Hanna screeched as Kyasha picked up speed but stopped.
 
“Umm, where's the village?” She asked her mother.
“Hanna will tell you, right Hanna?” Sango said. Hanna nodded, and then Kyasha was off again.
 
“Well, Hanna sure likes Kyasha, doesn't she?” Kagome asked.
 
“Yeah, I wonder how Kyasha's doing.” Inuyasha asked with a smirk on his face.
 
“What do you mean?” Kagome asked.
 
“Well…” Sango started. “If she's anything like her father, she'll get annoyed at little kids easily.”
 
“What the hell is that supposed to mean?” Inuyasha said.
 
“But, if she's like her mother, she'll be as patient as ever.” Sango added, ignoring Inuyasha.
 
“Feh. Whatever.” Inuyasha said as they all continued walking toward the village.
 
88888888888888888
 
“Kyasha, we're here.” Hanna said as Kyasha came to a stop.
 
“This is the village you live in?” Kyasha asked as she let the girl down. They both walked into a hut, obviously Hanna's, Kyasha told herself.
 
“Yeah, it's not very---” Hanna was cut off by a yell off in the forest.
 
“Hanna, where's father?” The voice called.
 
“I don't know, I was with mother all day.” Hanna screamed back.
 
“Who's that?” Kyasha asked.
 
“Oh, that's Chansu, he's my older brother.” Hanna said. The boy, Chansu, walked out of the forest and stopped when he saw Kyasha standing there with his sister.
 
“Inu…Yasha?” The boy asked cautiously.
 
“Uhh, no, I'm his…daughter. My name is Kyasha.” She said, she was getting sick of being called her father, she didn't look that much like him did she?
 
“Oh…when did you get here? We've lived here are whole lives and Auntie Kagome and Uncle Yasha never had a daughter before, only Daitan. By the way, where is he?” Chansu asked.
 
“Well, actually, I was adopted by another family, and I only just found out that I was related to them a few days ago. Did you just call them your aunt and uncle?” Kyasha stated.
 
“Yeah, there not related by blood, we're just close friends; my parents use to travel around with them before we were born.” Chansu added. All three of the kids walked inside and sat down around a small un-lit fire pit.
 
“You didn't answer my question…I asked if you knew where Daitan is? Oh, and is he your brother now?” Chansu asked again.
 
“Oh, he's…umm…down the well. He's still at my grandma's place sleeping. I guess he is my little brother now.” Kyasha smiled, she hadn't done that in a long while, and she'd been so caught up in the whole `parent' thing with her and Kagome and Inuyasha that she was stressing herself out.
 
“Kyasha, are you in here?” Kagome asked as Sango, Inuyasha and her were walking in the hut Kyasha had entered in earlier.
 
“Yeah, I'm here.” Kyasha said as Inuyasha and Kagome sat beside her while Sango sat beside her children.
 
“So, I see you've already met Chansu and Hanna.” Sango asked.
 
“Yeah.” Kyasha said.
 
“Sango!” A voice called out. Then a young man walked in wearing old monk clothing. “Oh, I didn't know we were expecting company---wait, there's two Inuyasha?” The man asked jokingly, but still waiting for an explanation.
 
“Shut it monk.” Inuyasha grumbled.
 
“No, this is actually our daughter, Kyasha. Kyasha, this is our dear friend Miroku.” Kagome said.
 
“Nice to meet you, Miroku.” Kyasha stood.
 
“Same to you, you look so much like you parents; you have your mother's beauty and your father's…hanyou looks.” Miroku added quickly.
 
“Sit down Houshi.” Sango said. Miroku sat down beside his wife and children.
 
“So, how old are you Kyasha?” Sango asked.
 
“I'm fourteen, turning fifteen in a few days now.” Kyasha answered, looking at the ground.
 
“So, now what? Will Kyasha stay with you guys; will she stay here in this time or stay back in Kagome's time?” Miroku asked.
 
“It's up to her…she can do whatever she wants now.” Kagome said quietly. Kyasha got up and walked outside into the forest. They all looked at the door Kyasha just walked out of.
 
“Hanna, Chansu, could you leave for a second, I need to talk to Auntie Kagome and Uncle Yasha.” Sango asked. The children left and the hut grew silent once again. “She doesn't look happy.”
 
“Well, what do you think? Her whole life has changed in the blink of an eye, she used to live a normal life, and now she's daughter to a hanyou and priestess she just met, do you think she's going to be happy and giddy now?” Inuyasha yelled as he too left the hut.
 
“I'm sorry, I didn't know what exactly was going on here.” Sango said.
 
“Ignore him, he's just being a baka, he's probably off looking for Kyasha, I'm going to stop at home and pick up Daitan, I'll be right back, tell Inuyasha that if he comes back.” Kagome said. Sango and Miroku nodded and Kagome left the hut.
 
“She sure looks like her father doesn't she.” Miroku asked.
 
“Yeah, she's almost his copy; she has his attitude as well.” Sango and Miroku nodded as they both stared at the door their friends left through.
 
88888888888888888
 
“Why does this have to happen to me? Why couldn't I just be a normal girl, no special `hanyou' abilities, just me, a plain human, no incantations to keep me in form, no need to hide on the first quarter moon, no more anything.” Kyasha said to herself.
 
“Why would you want that?” Inuyasha said as he hopped up into the tree Kyasha had been sitting in. She jumped, she had been so involved in her thoughts she didn't sense he was coming.
 
“It would just make everything easier, that's all.” Kyasha answered to his question.
 
“Oh, so you want to take the easy way out, is that it? You're a coward.” Inuyasha said.
 
“No, I'm not a coward, I…Ohh, never mind, just leave me alone.” Kyasha grumbled.
 
“I think that's exactly what you're doing, you're afraid of this decision you have to make. You're afraid of hurting everyone's feelings if you make your decision, why don't you make this decision for yourself…who cares what other people think, as long as you're happy, I'm sure the people you're worried about hurting will be happy for you. You've gotta make your own decision, a decision that will make you happy, not everyone else happy.” Inuyasha explained. They both stared off into the sky, watching the sun set, they enjoyed the silence that fell over them, but Kyasha broke it.
 
“What ever makes me happy?” Kyasha asked.
 
“Yup, go for it; if that means you don't want to be with me or your mother then so be it, as long as you're happy, we're happy.” Inuyasha added.
 
“Then I want to live here, with you and mother, it's the only place I can be free and be myself, as a hanyou and no one will look at me funny, expecting me to be human or something.” Kyasha said. Inuyasha smiled. He loved it here to, for those exact reasons. Maybe she was a lot like him.
 
“Great, let's go tell your mother.” Inuyasha said, he was about to jump down when he felt Kyasha's hand on his arm.
 
“I want to stay up here for a bit longer, if that's alright? You can leave if you want, you don't have to stay.” Kyasha asked.
 
“Sure, just don't be up here forever okay? It s pretty dangerous out here in this time, and I haven't trained you yet. By the way, we should get that started if you want to stay back here.” Inuyasha said. Kyasha nodded and Inuyasha hopped down and left her there to her thoughts.
 
88888888888888888
 
“Inuyasha, are you sure she's safe, it's the middle of the night and we haven't heard from her.” Kagome asked for the millionth time that night. Inuyasha, Kagome, Miroku, Sango, and even Shippou were sitting around the campfire right outside Sango and Miroku's hut. Chansu and Hanna were sleeping soundly in their beds while Shippou was slowly losing himself in slumber.
 
Shippou had just returned from his little trip. He had been taking quite a bit of those lately, no one knew what he did on them, but he would be gone for a week or so. Shippou would always come back dirty, hungry, and tired.
 
“I told you already, Kagome, she's a hanyou, she'll be perfectly fine, and she needs time alone.” Inuyasha reminded her. Sango and Miroku kept glancing at each other, skeptical at how Inuyasha was acting, he had returned with a smirk on his face, but he wouldn't tell anyone about what happened with him and Kyasha.
 
“If she isn't back soon, then Inuyasha will go get her, right Inuyasha?” Miroku asked, trying to calm down Kagome.
 
“Feh. Whatever. You guys act like she's completely helpless.” Inuyasha said.
 
“She is, she's never been in this time before, there are way more dangers here then in my time, she's never actually fought a youkai before.” Kagome answered.
 
“It will be instinct for her to fight a youkai, it was for me.” Inuyasha said as he stared at the fire, thinking about some old memories of his youth.
 
“She better be safe.” Kagome said quietly.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
There, another one…I have done my two today, but remember, I'm leaving today and won't be back till Monday. However, I'll be sure to edit tons of chapters when I get back…see ya then!
 
Inu-Kag15