InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Are You Okay, Kagome? ❯ Are You Okay, Kagome? ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
The usual love triangle that you here in every story and I'm in the midst of one. It's my own crappy fairytale I suppose. I always thought of going to the past as some completely amazing fairytale I got thrown into, just with a little more death than most had. Sadly, once Kikyo got brought back with the part of my soul she still carries, things for mine and Inuyasha's relationship started to slump.

It really hurts when he goes to see her and she doesn't seem to care when she knows I'm standing right there watching. Sometimes, I can see Kikyo's hatred for me so clearly and so can everyone else except Inuyasha.

But, now I'm sounded petty and bitter and I really don't like that about myself at all. I have this weird thing where I pity myself and sound like I'm self-centered and only consider my feelings. I try and consider Inuyasha's feelings as well as Kikyo's on the matter of our ... our whatever we have. I like to think of it as a love triangle, but bringing Inuyasha into the equation, is there really any love between him and myself?

I can't hate Kikyo and I do not feel bitterness towards her, yet jealousy is perfectly natural ... isn't it? The sad part is, I'm not only jealous only because she has Inuyasha and I don't, but also because ... she's so perfect it seems.

She's intelligent, beautiful, and extremely clever in both battle and life in general. And now I'm sounding petty again! Just because she's all of those things doesn't mean she's better than me; actually ... it does. Ahg! I'm trying not to sound like I'm rolling in my own self pity, but you try watching the love of your life run off to a girl who is only made of clay and bones and your stolen soul and let's see you not be upset. Here I am perfectly alive and he goes to a dirt-made woman.

I even let her keep my soul! If you recall when I got my soul taken, at first I called it back. I still possess the ability to take my soul back from her, but I wont. And now, I sound like I'm saying I'm little miss perfect who is so sweet to let an already dead woman have her second chance at life. I honestly don't mean to, but it's a little hard to make yourself not sound totally perfect when your trying to make yourself seem not bitchy.

I guess all I am is petty, jealous, and everything Kikyo isn't. I wish I was more like her; I wish I got the praise for being me and not being Kikyo's reincarnation. I wish ... I wish Kikyo would disappear a lot of the time, but I- I feel bad afterwards! Isn't that enough to show I'm not as horrible as I sound for wishing that?! I feel bad afterwards; isn't that enough?

I really am just petty. Oh and look who's coming back from seeing Kikyo right now. If Inuyasha knew what I thought he'd hate me and wouldn't even be able to picture me and Kikyo anymore because he'd think I'm too horrid to be that ... that goddess' reincarnation!

I always have this feeling he only sticks with me because I look like Kikyo. I don't know if it's true, but why else would he hang around with a brat like me who always just 'sits' him constantly? Why would he wanna be with an annoying, domineering bratty copy when he can go and die with the real deal and be with her for all eternity in Hell?

Who would want the copy when they can have the original? Who would want the annoying brat? I'm sure you all would choose a perfect goddess over a bratty child any day.

Well wallowing in my own self-pity wont change the fact that this is real-- no dumb fairytale as I tried to pretend it was. I suppose I'll forget my fairytale theory and accept the conclusion I just stated. Forget about being known around the past by everyone for being Me, Kagome Higurashi, and not Kikyo. Forget about being seen as me by Inuyasha since he'd leave me anyway if he didn't view me as her.

He's coming closer. With each step he takes I feel my heart crumble a little more. Either way I'll sport my fake smile and wait for him to him to ask the usual question, 'Are you okay, Kagome?'