InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Arrow Heart ❯ Arrow Heart ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

 
 
Not my best work I will admit, but I think it turned out pretty well…for being in a block for about a month? Yeah, this is the result.
 
 
 
FLASHBACK:
 
“KAGOME?!?!?!” he shouted, she heard his voice almost like a dream that she never wanted to wake from, she felt her soul burst from her body, somehow she had always known it would come down to this.
 
She was engulfed in darkness, she could hear their voices as the scene must have played out, she heard Inuyasha declaring that he hadn't attacked and killed Kikyo, she felt her soul rise in defiance and suddenly she felt her soul ready to kill Inuyasha.
 
`NO!' she thought her eyes snapping open as she called her soul back to her body, she wouldn't let her kill Inuyasha, not ever, she heard everyone around her, including Inuyasha, gasp in astonishment as her soul reentered her body.
 
END
 
Kagome gasped sitting up on her sleeping pallet. She groaned as the pain in her chest intensified, it had been there ever since she had awoken from the witch's spell, when Kikyo had came back.
 
She had never said anything about it, after all what could they do? Inuyasha wouldn't do anything and the others would just bug him like he always said they did whenever the subject came up.
 
She gave a small sigh before standing up, she needed some fresh air, the pain was dulled for the moment and she knew if she didn't move it would return even more powerful, she felt Inuyasha's eyes on her back as she walked down the path leading from Kaede's hut.
 
She headed into the Inuyasha no Mori. His forest. The forest that held maybe the most important place in heart. The Sacred Tree. She stopped at the roots, the pain returned ten times stronger than before, but she refused to give into it, she knew why it was there.
 
She looked behind her as Kikyo appeared there with her soul collectors floating around her, Kagome sat down on a root as the pain spread throughout her entire body, Kikyo continued to stand there and just stare.
 
“So…your soul has begun to battle the fact that it has been split, you and I can both feel how it is trying to recall the part that I still possess.” Kikyo said softly, Kagome closed her eyes as the priestess's words penetrated her mind.
 
`I can't call back the soul…it belongs to Kikyo…it was hers to began with….Inuyasha would never forgive me if I took her life.' Kagome thought, she heard Kikyo shift and looked up, her eyes went wide with fear as she saw the arrow pointing at her.
 
“You will not have your soul back. Now, die.” Kagome closed her eyes as the arrow pierced through the darkness, she screamed as it pierced her heart.
 
`Inuyasha…' was her last thought before she fell into a deep sleep, pinned to the exact same spot that Inuyasha had been pinned to for almost fifty years. She fell through the darkness, her eyes closed, she had no sense of where she was or where she was going, and then she fell on an unseen floor.
 
* * * *
 
`Grr…Damn the girl. She should've been back by now! I swear if I have to drag her back from her time I'll give her a piece of my mind!' Inuyasha thought angrily as he stomped towards the well, but then her scent floated to his nose from the direction of the God Tree.
 
He ran to it still intending to give her a piece of his mind for running off in the middle of the night, he froze at what he saw, she was pinned to the God Tree by an arrow, she was alive, no blood leaked from the wound, she breathed as though she were simply asleep.
 
And she was asleep, he jumped up so that he was on the root that was directly in front of her, he reached out a hand intending to caress her cheek when he was blown back by a soul shield, he groaned as he landed extremely hard on the ground.
 
“Oh, my.” said a male's voice. Inuyasha looked up to see Miroku, Sango, Shippo, and Kilala standing there, Inuyasha looked back up at Kagome and saw that a blue glow was fading into her skin.
 
* * * *
 
“Then…there is a certain herb you must have ground into the Tetsusaiga so that it can cut through the soul arrow.” Kaede said as she served the morning breakfast to the melancholy group, Inuyasha sat there with his hands fisted angrily.
 
“Where can I find this herb?” he gritted out in restrained anger, everyone could hear it in his voice so Miroku kept his mouth shut on his opinion of who had probably sealed Kagome to the tree.
 
“On the top of Mount Jiga.” she answered calmly, Shippo gave a start spilling most of his breakfast on the floor.
 
“Careful.” Inuyasha said picking the kitsune up almost instinctively so he didn't get the scalding hot soup on his feet. Shippo gulped looking at his soup sadly before looking at Kaede.
 
“But, Kaede-baa-chan, that mountain is almost two thousand miles from here!” the small kitsune sniffled. Inuyasha sighed before putting the kitsune down.
 
“Shippo, do you want Kagome to die?” he asked calmly as if he was asking the kitsune if he thought the weather was nice.
 
“No!” the small fox said vehemently, Inuyasha sighed before shaking his head.
 
“No human can withstand that darkness an arrow like that puts them in, at least not for long.” he said softly.
 
“True.” Kaede said, they all knew Inuyasha only survived it because he had been half-demon making him more powerful and more likely to live.
 
“Father once spoke of the herb Kaede is talking about. He said mikos and priests used it when their powers would grow to strong for them and would try to destroy them, albeit there weren't many occasions that it happened but it did happen.
 
“He said the planter of the herb planted it only in that one location because only the truly determined made it there.” Sango said softly.
 
“Wait, what do you mean when their powers tried to destroy them?” Shippo asked confusedly.
 
“Well, Shippo, when a priestess, priest, or monk truly have holy powers their souls are much stronger than say a normal villager. Take Sango for example, she is extremely strong in the fact that she can throw the Hiraikotsu and kill demons that way.
 
“But Kagome is also strong in a different way, if a demon tries to kill her, her soul will rise in defense and kill the demon using the spiritual powers that she was born with, but her powers were increased by the fact that she was born with the sacred jewel in her body.” Miroku explained.
 
“Yes, you see that is something that I wouldn't be able to do. Even though I'm a demon exterminator I wouldn't be able to kill demons the way Kagome does no matter how hard I try to.” Sango said with a small smile.
 
“But then….who's strong enough to seal Kagome?” Shippo asked, Sango and Miroku both gave starts, while Kaede froze.
 
“That ye will have to find out I'm sure. Now best be off with ye, tonight is the New Moon, you have a full cycle of the moon before Kagome's soul gives in to death.” Kaede immediately came to the rescue.
 
“Then let's get going.” Inuyasha said walking out, he watched as Kilala took to the air with his three companions on her back. He took a running leap after them.
 
`Hang on Kagome! I know it's scary, but just hang on! If not for your own sake….hold on for me!' he thought desperately.
 
* * * *
 
The darkness seemed never ending, everywhere she looked it was there, she brought her knees up to her chest as she kept looking around, she sat on the invisible floor, which wasn't very comfortable.
 
Then she saw it, a small pin prick of light. With great difficulty she climbed to her feet and began to follow the light, it grew larger as she drew closer, she gasped as she was suddenly thrown forward into the portal, she groaned as she landed extremely hard on the ground.
 
Then she gasped, she was at a camp, she looked around and saw Inuyasha in his human form, Miroku and Sango were also sitting at the fire, she tried to gain their attention by waving her hand in front of their faces, she even slapped Miroku.
 
He didn't even flinch, she gasped, they couldn't see her! She could touch them and try to talk to them, but they wouldn't respond to her.
 
“You know who sealed her to the tree, don't you, Miroku?” Inuyasha suddenly asked, Kagome looked at Miroku and saw his eyes take on a serious quality.
 
“You would call me a liar if I told you so it's best if I keep my thoughts to myself.” Miroku suddenly found himself being held by the collar of his robes by an enraged human Inuyasha.
 
“Tell me who dare pin Kagome to that tree damn it!” he growled before Sango pulled him away and had Kilala transform to keep him away from the monk.
 
“You want to know who pinned her there?! Fine! I'll tell you-” Kagome pushed Sango as hard as she could down so that the girl couldn't answer Inuyasha's angry threat.
 
“Don't! Don't tell him!” she cried desperately, Sango gasped as her words entered her mind and echoed there, she looked around confusedly.
 
`Kagome? God, we've all been on edge, I'm imagining things…but now I can't seem to tell Inuyasha it was Kikyo who pinned Kagome there.' Sango thought sadly, Inuyasha seemed to calm down slightly.
 
But no one saw the reason why, Kagome had her hands on his shoulders willing him to not kill their friends, she saw the anger festering in his hazel eyes, and silently begged him to calm down.
 
`If I ever find out who pinned Kagome to the tree I'll kill them. God…..I wish she was here……' he thought looking up at the night sky, the sun was no where near rising, he knew that all to well from how many times he had spent as a human.
 
Inuyasha, please, calm down! Just calm down! Her voice cried in his head, his eyes went wide, was he imagining things? Was that really her voice that he had heard? He had to be going crazy, but somehow the words calmed him down greatly and he found that he wasn't as angry as he had thought.
 
Kagome felt his shoulders relax and she sighed, her words had gotten to him thankfully. She knew Miroku and Sango wanted to tell him that it was Kikyo that had pinned her to the tree, but she couldn't let them; she'd feel like they were tattling on Kikyo for her.
 
She sat down beside Inuyasha and put a hand over his which was currently resting on his knee. She put her head on his shoulder and stared at the fire as it burned brightly, she could sense the tension in the group, she gasped in delight when she saw Shippo curled up against Inuyasha's other side and that the hanyou wasn't pushing him away.
 
`Oh, Inuyasha.' she thought sadly, why couldn't he act like that every time the small fox needed him? She sighed and then gasped as her heart began to skip beats; she put a hand to her chest.
 
“What's happening to me?” then she looked up and screamed, a huge demon had crashed into camp, slowly she dragged herself away, unable to stand. She watched in terror as Inuyasha tried to fight, but started to fail.
 
`I wish I could help!' then she screamed as the demon grabbed Inuyasha, and then a bow and a quiver of arrows appeared beside her. She reached out and took them in her hands slowly forcing herself to stand.
 
Without hesitation she notched an arrow and aimed it with certainty towards the demon that held Inuyasha captive, she closed her eyes and her aura began to shine, she didn't hear her friends gasp.
 
“That's….no, it can't be!” Sango cried as the outline of her friend was seen, Inuyasha growled trying to get away from the demon, this was why he hated being human, gasped as an arrow buried itself into the demon's hand, he growled as he fell but Kilala caught him and he looked in the direction that the arrow had come from and froze.
 
“KAGOME!” he cried. She looked up at him startled before she faded from view, Kilala landed and Inuyasha went to where he had seen Kagome but there was nothing there, he could've sworn that she had stood there.
 
`Inuyasha?' Kagome thought touching his face as he confusedly looked at the spot that she stood in, he had seen her, she had seen it in his eyes, she hugged him, even though she knew he couldn't feel her arms around him.
 
`I could've sworn I saw her standing here, it feels like she's here…but I can't see her…god I'm going crazy.' he thought, it felt as though she had her arms around him but that was impossible, after all she was pinned to the god tree, and he had one month to get the herb and save her!
 
“We need to get moving….we have to save Kagome.” Inuyasha said. Kagome let him go as he climbed onto Kilala's back with the others, Kagome quickly followed; it didn't matter since Kilala couldn't feel her weight.
 
“I can protect them…but how long can I survive like this?” she asked herself as her arms wrapped around Inuyasha's waist almost instinctively, she fell asleep against his shoulder, his black hair tickling her nose as she breathed.
 
“There's the mountain! We need to land…I'm sure the tester has no doubt set up guards in the air!” Sango called as Kilala started to descend, Inuyasha growled as the sun began to rise.
 
“The first test will be your strength; we won't be tested because we are mere humans.” Miroku said sadly, Sango gave him a look.
 
“Yeah, houshi-sama, but we can help, so don't feel so overconfident!” the woman exterminator said, Miroku gave a small protest as started to drag him along, Kagome giggled, she had woke up when the sun had rose.
 
She gasped as pain engulfed her heart and she realized that she couldn't go any farther to help them, quickly she ran to Inuyasha as he stopped and stood on tip toe as she began to fade away.
 
“I'll wait for you.” she whispered in his ear as she completely disappeared, her words floated into his mind and he gasped looking up frantically before shaking his head.
 
`She isn't here! Why do I keep hearing her in my mind, she's back at the Goshinboku! She can't exactly talk to me when she's asleep!' he thought giving his head another shake when suddenly a young girl walked in front of him.
 
“You're the hanyou that has come for the Shikon-no-herb.” she stated softly, Miroku blinked.
 
“Herb of Four Souls?” he said, he hadn't known that was the name of the herb that would serve to save Kagome.
 
“Hai, it is the only herb that has been able to catch the four souls and put them in an existence that can help others, but the users heart must be strong and pure.” the little girl said in a calm voice.
 
“Well, I don't give a damn about the herb's name; I'm going to take it so that I can save Kagome!” Inuyasha growled reaching to pull Tetsusaiga but suddenly he froze as though tied by unseen bonds.
 
“Your first test will be the test of strength. You can't use that fang or you will fail and your friend…shall perish.” the girl disappeared to be replaced by another woman who didn't seem to show any emotion, Inuyasha attacked with his claws but before he made contact she was gone, he gasped as her sword went through his shoulder.
 
`Damn, she's fast.' he thought moving back, assessing that the wound in his shoulder looked worse than it actually was, he tried to attack again but she moved to fast again, but when she moved again he blocked it with his claws.
 
`Her weakness is also in her speed! Whenever she dodges she's in a defensive stance…but when she moves to attack she has to switch into an offensive attack, if I can catch her at that exact moment!' Inuyasha thought jumping away from the sword.
 
`But can I do it without Tetsusaiga?' he thought, he narrowed eyes. `Only one way to find out!' he thought charging, she jumped and when he blocked he brought his other hand up and into her stomach, she jumped back holding her stomach as her sword clattered to the ground.
 
She smiled kneeling on the ground. “Very well done, you have passed the test of strength…move ahead.” she said before she sank into the ground, Inuyasha growled and looked back at the others before moving ahead.
 
“She is right, Inuyasha, that was well done, but the next test will not be so easy. The test of wisdom is harder than the previous test.” the little girl's voice giggled throughout the forest as they came to a split path that had nine pathways.
 
“Oh, boy.” Shippo cried jumping onto Inuyasha's shoulder and looking about frantically.
 
“Okay…hey, look there's something written in the ground!” Sango cried and they all kneeled down to read what had been inscribed.
 
 
The ones to the immediate lead to doom,
The next lead to heartache,
After that comes winter,
Only Spring is foolish enough to follow,
Summer is in the middle,
Which path do you chose?
 
 
They read, poor Shippo began to wail in despair while Inuyasha sat on the ground with swirly eyes, Miroku stood looking at the paths in confusion when suddenly Sango began to laugh.
 
“I've got it!” she cried standing up after staring at the riddle for a good ten minutes, she smiled.
 
“The ones to the immediate lead to doom.” she pointed to the farthest right and farthest left paths. “Next is heartache.” she pointed to the next two paths. “After that comes winter.” she pointed at the next set of paths. “Only spring is foolish enough to follow winter.” she pointed to the last set of paths before pointing to the middle. “Only the best of herbs grow in the summer so we need to follow that path to get to the mountain!”
 
“Brilliant, Sango!” Miroku cried, Sango sighed as she felt something extremely familiar on her behind she turned and slapped the hentai houshi as hard as she could.
 
“You pervert!” she cried, that got them into a huge fight, Inuyasha growled as it began to grow so dark that not even he could see.
 
“Would you two quit it?” he growled angrily as the two continued to fight, he was angry and he wanted to get the task over with.
 
Kagome suddenly gasped as she reappeared, she looked around slightly confused, and why was she back? How could she have gotten back, she looked over and saw that Inuyasha was in his hanyou form.
 
“What is going on? Somehow whenever night comes I reappear, even though they can't see me!” she said to no one in particular, then she gasped as a small girl appeared before the group.
 
“You have passed the first two tests to get the herb. But now you should rest.” the girl said fading away, but before she did her eyes locked with Kagome.
 
“What?” Kagome gasped as her heart skipped a beat again, why was that happening so much? She looked up at the night sky and gasped as shooting star streaked across the sky.
 
`I wish that Inuyasha finds the happiness that he keeps looking for.' she wished silently, she giggled as she heard snoring, she saw that Inuyasha had opted to sleep with his back against the tree, Shippo had wiggled his way into the hanyou's arms.
 
“I'll protect you, even if you are just sleeping…have a nice dream.” Kagome whispered into Inuyasha's ear as she went over and poked at the fire, she had the bow and arrows strapped across her back and she was on the look out for any demons that might try to harm her friends.
 
* * * *
 
It was taking its toil. All the fights and walking up hill was beginning to wear on the group. They were straining to not collapse from exhaustion, even Inuyasha was beginning to wear down.
 
But the image of Kagome being taken down from the tree and being burned on a funeral pyre was stuck in Inuyasha's head. It was the only thing that kept him going, he wouldn't stand by and watch another woman die because he was foolish enough to fall in love.
 
Yeah he could admit that he loved Kagome…to himself that is, there was no way he could tell Miroku or Sango, let alone Kagome! He knew that she was unsure of his feelings but he was scared of being rejected.
 
`I can't…I can't give up on her. She has never given up on me!' he thought as he sliced down a demon, exhaustion was beginning to take over as the sun began to set.
 
Kagome appeared as the sun completely disappeared, she gasped in fear as she saw the Sango and Miroku had collapsed and Inuyasha was close to collapsing himself.
 
“Inuyasha!” she cried shooting an arrow into the demon that Inuyasha hadn't noticed, he whirled around as he heard the demon fall to the ground dead.
 
He saw Kagome's outline and would've berated himself for imagining things, but he was too caught up in fighting the demons, he cried out as he was knocked to the ground, darkness overcame him.
 
^ ^ ^ ^
 
“Did you hear? It's Inuyasha's fault she's dead!” voices floated to his ears, he forced his eyes open and found himself resting against Kaede's hut, he stood up as suddenly four men walked by with a stretcher, and a figure lay on it.
 
He couldn't see it, but he followed the men, he spotted Miroku and Sango who were both dressed in black, he looked down and found that he was also dressed in a black kimono, he walked up to the body that now laid on the funeral pyre.
 
“K-Kagome?!” he cried. She was dressed in the traditional white kimono and in her hand was the flower she'd always said was her favorite, the white lily. He took a step back as he stared at her pale face in horror.
 
“If only…if only you were strong enough.” he whirled around to see Miroku and Sango standing there, he growled at them, but then realized what they spoke was the truth.
 
“No….I WON'T LET THIS HAPPEN!!!” he screamed angrily as the world began to fade into darkness.
 
* * * *
 
He groaned as he opened his eyes, he and the others were in some sort of hut and he sat up as he saw that the same girl who had been giving them the tasks was staring at him, she held out a hand.
 
He looked and saw a strange looking herb. It was a blue leaf that looked like a flower that had been smashed or stepped on, he looked up at the girl before realizing that this was the Shikon-no-Herb.
 
“Draw your sword.” she said softly, swiftly he did as he was told and she took the herb and placed it against the blade of Tetsusaiga, the herb suddenly flared a brilliant blue before melting into the sword.
 
The entire sword began to glow the same blue and Inuyasha could feel the power flowing through the blade, he looked out the window and saw the moon, he gasped, the moon was almost invisible.
 
“Go with great speed, the others will not awake for another day, you must go now if you intend to rescue the girl….already I feel her presence fading from the world.” the small girl's words drove Inuyasha into action.
 
He didn't see as the girl suddenly grew into a woman, a woman who's features had been passed down to each priestess that had ever had the duty of protecting the Shikon-no-Tama.
 
Midoriko caught Kilala as the cat jumped up into her arms, Midoriko watched as the half-demon disappeared from view, she sighed before looking down at the neoko demon that had once been her own.
 
“Much like his brother is he not? Sesshomaru…” Midoriko heaved a sigh before reverting back to the small girl's form that she had to take on so that when the others awoke she would be there to tell them of what had happened.
 
* * * *
 
He couldn't find it, the paths lay every which way and he couldn't remember which one had led him to the spot that he was in currently. He looked up at the sun and saw that it was in the middle of the sky which meant he didn't have much longer until the sun set and Kagome died.
 
“I can't let that happen! I won't let that happen!” he cried angrily, finally he took a running leap and flew into the sky, he ran faster than he ever thought possible, he didn't notice how his eyes glowed red slightly and how magenta stripes became prominent on his cheek bones.
 
`Kagome, hang on! Hang on!' he cried silently as he ran through the village near Kaede's, the sun was getting lower, he could already feel his demon powers begin to fade, how long had he been unconscious in that nightmare from hell?
 
He wouldn't think of it as being the future, it wasn't because Kagome was alive! She was going to stay alive; she was not going to perish. He would save her like he always did and then they would get in a huge argument, she would sit him and go home all angry and flustered.
 
He could feel his ears start to disappear as he crashed into the clearing, he drew Tetsusaiga and slashed the arrow as the sun went down, he fell to his knees as nothing happened, the arrow remained where it was.
 
“I…failed.” he whispered, Kagome was no longer breathing, he let out a howl of agony and anger, tears were welling up in his eyes and he slammed his fists into the ground, and for the first time since his mother had died he sobbed.
 
He had failed her, after being so sure that he would be able to save her he had let her die…and he didn't even know by whose hands she had perished, then he heard it, a cracking sound, he looked up startled.
 
The arrow was cracking and then disappeared in a burst of white light, Kagome was lifted into the sky, her back arched as four orbs entered her body, and somewhere in the back of his head a voice spoke.
 
The four souls. Love, Friendship, Courage, and Wisdom. The four souls of the herb and the jewel….it is only right that all four reside in the young Shikon-no-Miko. The voice sounded familiar but Inuyasha couldn't put his finger on it.
 
He gasped as Kagome began to fall and he caught her, saving her from a broken back, she groaned and her eyes fluttered open, she gasped and looked around before launching into Inuyasha's chest and sobbing.
 
“Kagome…” he whispered softly hugging her tightly as her body shook with the force of her sobs.
 
“Inuyasha….it was so scary there….I thought….I thought…I was going to die.” she sobbed into his chest; this only caused him to hug her even tighter than he already was.
 
“Tell me who did this.” he commanded angrily, suddenly all grew quite even Kagome's tears were quietly trailing down her cheeks. She had tensed up considerably, and Inuyasha felt her start to struggle against his hold.
 
“Let go…please…let me go.” she whispered as she desperately pushed at his chest, to no avail because he only held onto her even tighter and then he saw it, almost like a dream he saw what had happened.
 
Kikyo pointed the arrow at Kagome who was backed up against a tree, her eyes wide with amazement and terror. Inuyasha watched unnoticed as the arrow flew through the sky and embedded itself into Kagome's heart.
 
He gasped as her eyes fell closed and Kikyo disappeared as though nothing had happened and she was completely innocent of any crime.
 
“Kikyo…” the name came out of him in a rush of air causing Kagome to stop struggling, he looked down into her frightened eyes and saw that he was right, Kikyo had been the one to pin her to the tree.
 
“Why didn't you tell me?!” he growled shaking Kagome by her shoulders angrily, Kagome closed her eyes as the tears welled up in her eyes and she refused to let them fall, she couldn't stand it.
 
“I…I…” why couldn't she seem to find the words to tell him? She had lost her voice after all the times she had said it aloud when he couldn't hear nor see her, she couldn't say it to his face. She was terrible.
 
“Kagome.” he growled, she got scared, even she could admit that, without a second thought she screamed sit and moved out of the way so he wouldn't crash into the ground with her and she ran as quickly as her newly awakened legs would allow her to go.
 
She made it to the well in record time and tripped and fell in, she let the tears fall as the space scene surrounded her, she had never thought that loving someone would be so painful, if she had she would've probably never fallen in love.
 
No, that wasn't right. She would've fallen in love anyway, just because she and Inuyasha had meant to be together. But now she couldn't accept it, Inuyasha knew who was guilty of pinning her to the tree but like she had known he wouldn't do anything about it because he loved the criminal.
 
She started to run past the God Tree when she saw a figure sitting there slumped against the tree. She knew instantly who it was, Inuyasha looked up but she realized he couldn't see her.
 
He looked down at his hands as she stood there trembling with what could only be called fear.
 
“She left…I tried to save her…and…she left me.” Kagome heard the pain in his voice, he was still in his human form and that might've explained the sudden appearance of tears in his eyes, he stood up bracing himself against the tree and looking up through the branches into the sky.
 
“I'm sorry, Kagome…it's because of me you're dead.” Kagome took a step back as suddenly a body appeared in his arms, her body, which looked as pale as death and she knew that she was dead in the vision.
 
“This is what would've happened had Inuyasha not saved you…he will avenge you if you tell him the truth.” a mysterious voice said as both figures disappeared quite suddenly leaving Kagome to stare at just the God Tree.
 
“I don't want him to kill Kikyo though, he loves her!” Kagome cried in defiance causing the voice to give a small chuckle.
 
“Are you so sure? You don't realize where his affection lies, Kagome. Go to him and see what everyone else does.” the voice slowly disappeared into the air.
 
Without a second thought Kagome turned and ran back into the well house, she fell through the time continuum again, her eyes were still leaking but they weren't tears of sadness they were tears of happiness.
 
Inuyasha cared for her! He actually cared for her! She climbed out of the well as quickly as she could, she didn't notice how a pinkish glow was surrounding her body as she ran through the forest as fast as she could dodging trees and rocks.
 
Then she was there, he was leaning against the God Tree, he didn't seem to realize that she was there because he began to talk, of course she couldn't blame him not knowing since his hearing wasn't all that great at the moment.
 
“Why would she leave?! How….I can never forgive her!!” he growled angrily, she almost ran again but she knew he had cried that out in anger and she knew that she had to be the calm one as always.
 
“Would you forgive her if she told you that she loved you?” she asked softly, he looked up at her startled and she smiled at him gently, before she giggled and ran to him, falling on her knees and pressing her lips against his.
 
His arms automatically wrapped around her waist to steady her and keep her from losing her balance, even though she was already on her knees, he couldn't believe that she was kissing him, she'd heard him say that he could never forgive her but it had been a lie and they both knew it.
 
“Inuyasha…I'm so sorry…but please can we not talk about what happened?” she whispered looking up into his eyes, he sighed before nodding and leaning down to steal another kiss from her.
 
“For now, Kagome, but we will talk about this at some point.” he said as he stood up, she smiled and let his hand go.
 
“I'll follow in a minute, I just need some time to think.” he gave her an odd look and shrugged before walking away, she looked up at the tree and put her hand to her heart as it beat in a steady rhythm.
 
`Thank you, Midoriko, for making my soul whole again…for putting Kikyo to rest.' Kagome thought as she followed Inuyasha to the village.
 
“You're welcome.” Midoriko's voice whispered into the air as she appeared in front of the God Tree, she watched her reincarnation walk away behind the man that she loved. “Maybe one day I can trick you into admitting your feelings.” Midoriko laughed as she shrunk back into her little girl form.
 
“Rin, come along.” called a voice she recognized.
 
“Coming, Lord Sesshomaru!”
 
THE END!!!!!!