InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Awakening: The Hanyou Dorobou ❯ Day Out ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter Two: Day Out

Inuyasha pressed his face against the window of the bus, crushing the rim of the blue hate he was wearing to cover his unconventional ears. "Everything's moving but us!" he said in amazement.

"The bus is moving, not everything else," Kagome hissed. "And get away from the window!" She looked around. A few passengers stared at them. Kagome let out a nervous laugh as she yanked Inuyasha away from the window.

Inuyasha hadn't wanted to get on the bus. "There's people in the belly of that thing!" he had screamed when the bus approached the bus stop. "I'll get them out!" Kagome had to use her "sit" command to prevent him from smashing the bus to pieces. After giving him an awkward, broken explanation of what a bus is, he reluctantly climbed onto bus, muttering about leaving Tetsusaiga and Kagome's house.

Inuyasha pressed his face against the window again. Kagome sighed. He's like a kid.

"So when're we getting to this school place?" Inuyasha asked, finally moving away from the window.

"We don't have too much farther to go," said Kagome. "It's summer break for students though. I'm sure we won't be able to get in."

A strange look crossed Inuyasha's face. "Something wrong?" asked Kagome.

Inuyasha hesitated before saying, "It's nothing." Kagome didn't buy that answer. She stared at Inuyasha. That strange look had yet to disappear. She moved closer to him, forcing him to look at her.

"Something's wrong," Kagome said.

"Nothing's wrong!" Inuyasha yelled. Passengers turned to stare at them again.

"Keep it down," Kagome scolded him. "People are looking at us." Inuyasha turned away from her, sulking. Kagome rolled her eyes. He IS a big kid.

**************************************************************** ******************************8

Buried in a small forest about a half a mile away from the school, there was an odd tree. It has been there for centuries. Grass surrounding the tree never grew anymore than two inches before it died. Many times, contractors tried to remove the tree to no avail. It was finally decided that the tree was cursed. Wards were put on the tree for fears of some hideous creatures coming out of it. It is forbidden for anyone to touch the wards. Ever.

Rina Mikada stared up at the tree. Her task was simple. She had to steal one of the wards from the tree. After she's given it Ayumi Saito, she'd be able to hang out with the popular crowd and hopefully get the eye of the oh-so-handsome Touki Sakamoto.

Rina timidly took a step forward. This is crazy. Why did I agree to do this. Rina wanted so badly to be apart of Ayumi's circle of friends. They were popular, pretty, and smart. Touki definitely took notice of them. He often ate lunch with them, and they hung out a lot. Rina wanted Touki to take notice of her too.

So she's asked Ayumi if they could be friends. But Ayumi was smart. She'd met girls like Rina before, befriending Ayumi just to get to know Touki better. Ayumi hated being used. That's why she decided to give Rina the impossible task of getting one of the trees wards. Though it's really simple to just grab one of the wards and run, the tree just gives off a creepiness that keeps people away from it. Surely quiet, geeky little Rina wouldn't be able to handle the task.

Rina took another step forward. Touki's smiling face appeared in her mind. Taking a deep breath, she took a step forward.