InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Back ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

A/N: This is an idea that I got while reading "Cooties" by baka deshi. It's really adorable and funny, I defiantly recommend reading it. Anyway, the idea just wouldn't leave me alone, and I had to write it. Thanks a whole lot for reading this, nobody reviewed the last fic I posted. PLEASE review this, please!!!!

^_~Souten

Disclaimer: I own all of the InuYasha DVDs currently available in the US, as well as a few of the manga. If I owned InuYasha himself- or even any of his friends or enemies ('cept Naraku or Kikyou), I wouldn't share.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Prologue
By Souten
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

It was a pretty day; sunny and bright, a few cottony clouds drifting in an endless powder blue sky, and all the flowers in full bloom down on earth. It was warm out, but with a soft breeze to keep it from being too hot. Yes, it was a most perfect summer day. And InuYasha was planning on enjoying it.
They were heading back to Keade's village after getting - not one, but TWO shards of the Shikon no Tama from some baka tori youkai, Shippou was being strangely...ano… not-annoying today (InuYasha couldn't think of a good word for it), and Kagome was in a good mood and hadn't "osuwari"-ed him yet today. The combination of events had put the hanyou in an undeniably good mood. The others were noticing it, too.
The group was moving at a steady, comfortable pace as it neared lunchtime, and Kagome was starting to look for a nice place to stop and eat. Shippou tapped her on the shoulder.
"Can we stop there, Kagome? It's pretty," Shippou asked, pointing at a large, dazzling meadow through some trees. Wild flowers abounded, and the grass was a brilliant emerald. A babbling stream cut through the west, and sakura trees ringed the edges of it. Kagome gasped. It was the most beautiful field she had ever seen.
"InuYasha," Kagome began. InuYasha stopped walking and looked at her. "Would you mind?"
InuYasha glanced through the trees, as did Miroku and Sango. Shrugging, he started though the foliage. Kagome smiled as she followed.
"It's beautiful," breathed Sango. Miroku smiled.
"I must agree. It could even rival your beauty, Sango-chan," the houshi responded as they entered the meadow. Sango blushed and hid her face, but didn't respond. Kagome glanced back at them, then shared a look with Shippou, hiding a giggle.
"Weird," InuYasha murmured, looking around.
"What is?" asked Shippou.
"This place is familiar somehow, but I'm almost positive I've never been here," answered the hanyou.
"Hm. That is strange," Miroku agreed, nodding. "But let's not worry about that now, I don't think a bit of deja vu is dangerous."
"Mm. I don't think so either," added Sango.
"No, it wouldn't be. Anyway, let's eat," said InuYasha, changing the subject.
"Spoken like a true pig," Shippou commented.
"What was that, runt?!" shouted InuYasha, spinning on the kitsune.
"You're a pig!!"
"Get over here, brat!!!!"
"YAAHH!!! KAGOME!!"
"InuYasha!! Leave Shippou alone!!"
Miroku, Sango, and Kirara continued to make lunch as they watched the show. Just another day.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Sesshoumaru paused as he neared his childhood home. He could have sworn he had heard something. There it was again! Sesshoumaru frowned. Who dared to trespass on his homeland?! It may have been years since he'd last came here, but it was still his land.

"Jaken," He intoned. "Watch her."
"Hai, Sesshoumaru-sama," replied the toad, scowling at Rin. She ignored him in favor of Sesshoumaru.
"Will you come back soon, Sesshoumaru-sama? Could Rin play, Sesshoumaru-sama?"
The Great Demon of the Western Lands nodded his affirmative, and walked off towards the meadow he had played in as a young child. Rin giggled and began to run circles around Jaken, effectively dizzying the toad.
Sesshoumaru walked along the vaguely familiar path, the blurred memories of the time spent here rising unbidden in his mind. His face softened slightly as one in particular became clear.
A young demon girl; not more than 6 years old, laughing happily, fangs glistening in the sunlight. She had white-gold hair and shimmering sapphire eyes. The laugh was naturally soft and melodic; her speaking voice had been the same way, Sesshoumaru recalled. Her name. what was her name.
Sesshoumaru entered the meadow, putting his reminiscing off until later. It was the hanyou and his followers, the inu youkai realized, spotting the hanyou's woman. How amusing. The filthy hanyou probably didn't even realize where he was.
"InuYasha," Sesshoumaru said, announcing his presence. InuYasha paused where he was, by a distant sakura tree.
"Sesshoumaru," he spat. Sesshoumaru smirked as all five of the InuYasha-tachi seemed to prepare for battle.
"Well, this is amusing, meeting you here," muttered the older youkai. A look of confusion crossed InuYasha's face. "So you don't remember. Oh, well. As long as you're here, why not hand over the Tetsusaiga."
"Never!" InuYasha declared, his expression immediately changing to one of fury. Sesshoumaru raised an eyebrow and opened his mouth. Before he could speak, though, each and every flower petal began to glow with an ethereal light. Moments later, the lights dimmed, and suddenly the weather was much too gorgeous to be considered simply perfect, and the meadow much too incredible to be on humble old earth.