InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Back ❯ Deja' vu ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

{A/N} I'm really sorry this took so long to come out. I don't really have a whole lot of extra time, not to mention I lost what I HAD gotten typed up. Not to mention writer's block on top of that. Yeesh. I'll try to do better in the future - Promise!!

{Disclaimer} I own 114 episodes of InuYasha in Japanese, and most of the episodes out in English, as well as the "Best of" soundtrack. Nothing more, nothing less.


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Chapter One
Deja 'vu

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


InuYasha was the first to speak. It was only as mumble, a thought spoken aloud. And yet... It seemed to echo everyone's thoughts. Even Sesshoumaru appeared to agree.
"What the hell?"
Kagome was the next to recover, followed less than a split second later by the demon lord himself. Kagome sank to her knees, settling into the emerald grass in a daze. For some reason, she felt vaguely disoriented. Miroku, Sango, and Shippou felt the same vague disorientation, and Shippou (who had been running from InuYasha before Sesshoumaru's sudden arrival and the even more sudden light) plopped onto the ground as well.
Sesshoumaru, conversely, stiffened almost imperceptibly. Memories were flying back to the surface of his mind. InuYasha stiffened as well, a disturbing sense a deja 'vu plaguing his mind like a mosquito on a warm summer night. Forgetting about their rivalry momentarily, the brothers instinctively went through a check for danger. The meadow went through a thorough scan - sights, scents, and sounds were all scrutinized by advanced inu senses.
The meadow cleared on all counts but one - three people were heading this way, from downwind, but obviously not on purpose; they were much too loud for it to have been done purposely. The two inu tensed only slightly before deciphering the noise (dead leaves, broken branches, a good deal of rustling, and plenty of childish gigging) to comfort. Safe.
The whole process took only moments, and in a flash, the brothers were back on guard. Sesshoumaru narrowed his eyes just enough to get the message across -We continue this later. InuYasha responded in kind: Damn right we do.
That matter settled, the two turned to the place where the three intruders would arrive. Realizing that the impending battle had been postponed, and the tension (slightly) dispelled, Miroku and Sango relaxed (slightly) and finished rolling to their feet. Kirara headed for InuYasha, watching as he was, as her mistress and the monk headed for the loud miko.
Whoever was coming, she decided, was worth seeing - and thanking. They had stopped what could have been awful fight (for now, anyway), after all.
Sango helped Kagome to her feet, and Shippou got up shakily as well, beginning to make his way over to the humans. Miroku looked curiously at the brothers from his place next to Sango, searching for the reason for the abrupt change in gears. After a moment, he, too, heard the cheerful giggling.
Children? This far from a village?
Though anticipated, when the three children arrived, they still stunned the other occupants of the field. They came all at once, jumping from the branches of the cherry blossom trees giggling delightedly. Rolling into the colorful flowers carpeting the meadow, the little youkai - for they were undoubtedly youkai - lay looking up at the sky, oblivious to the other occupants of the pasture.
"Hey, how long do ya think it'll `em to figure it out?" wondered the chibi in red.
InuYasha choked at the sound of the familiar voice.
"Long enough to get outta reach," responded the oldest chibi, tugging at his once-clean white robes.
Sesshoumaru froze.
"The tree house, then?" confirmed the last chibi, giggling breathlessly. Sesshoumaru was suddenly having trouble remembering to breathe. "Aa. Let's get-" the chibi in white sat up suddenly, noticing the company. "OUTTA HERE!!"
The other two chibi scrambled to their feet, startled. As they noticed the seven other inhabitants, the white chibi scrambled to his feet as well. Snatching the sleeves of his comrades, he bolted, dragging the other two behind him. The sight of the chibi evoked a few different reactions: Kagome gasped, InuYasha and Shippou's jaws dropped twenty feet, Miroku uttered an oath under his breath, Sango suddenly found it hard to stand up straight, Kirara let out a startled mew, and Sesshoumaru found himself reminding himself to breathe. A very disheveled mini-Sesshoumaru had just dragged off a mini-InuYasha and a mini-youkai girl. The thought did take a while to process correctly. Especially with the larger versions standing right there.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~