InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Bad Boys Don't Blush ❯ Kikyo....it begins ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
I'm baa-aack!!! The play is over! I can FINALLY concentrate on this. I can assure you the updates will be quicker now, I just had a little time issue. Once again, I hope all my readers will review even though I waited so long to update. I can assure you it will never take this long again. So, here's what you have all been waiting for, CHAPTER 8 OF BAD BOY'S DON'T BLUSH!!!
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*
 
The next day was the beginning of a bloody battle that would rage between me and Kikyo that would last the rest of the year, and most likely our whole lives. It all began with a simple pop quiz. In Mr. Sanako's 2nd hour, kikyo was given a quiz that was supposed to be an easy first grade. Instead, it turns out kikyo not only fails, but goes from math whiz to “ um...i'm confused, what was that again?” I'm guessing you can already see where this is heading. According to Yuka, kikyo “ran up to the desk near tears and went into this speech about how she was so far behind and needed a tutor and blah blah blah. “ Then it got interesting. “ Mr. Sanako, I'm so worried about my grade! I heard you got Kagome Higurashi a wonderful tutor and I think I deserve the same. Perhaps Inuyasha wouldn't mind tutoring two people?” “Well, Ms. I'm afraid you're going to have to take that up with Mr. Seito.” And this is how it went.
It was right before school had started the next day, and, like usual, I was a little early thanks to my little brother. Walking up to school I noticed Inuyahsa, seated on his still-running motorcycle with kikyo right in front of him in her “flirty” mode. She was propped up against the handlebars in what she must have thought a super irresistible pose, while he just looked like he would like nothing more than to ram the gas and speed away. Their words became clearer as I got nearer.
 
“ But it wouldn't be too much trouble, I'd be very easy and completely compatible with your schedule…” kikyo whined.
 
“ No! I already have one idiot to tutor and I definitely do not need another!”
 
I bristled at the comment, ready to stomp over there and once again yank his perfect hair until I heard kikyo's next words…
 
“ Well, we wouldn't have to study the whole time. There's plenty of other things we could do.”
 
Now, not only was I hacked because of him, but also I was seriously hacked off because of her. The nerve of her actually insinuating of using paid service-hour teaching time as a date! It's outrageous! Admittedly, I was probably overreacting, but I couldn't help it. In short, I wanted to claw her eyes out. Now I know why they call them catfights.
 
“ Like I said, no way, one is enough.”
 
Kikyo huffed and stormed off, clearly not finished as she bumped into me as she walked away. He just parked his motorcycle and started to come in. I walked into school as usual, except for the overly satisfied smirk on my face.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~
 
If I thought my day couldn't get more interesting… I was wrong. Halfway through Tojo-san's once again lively speech in English, I started zoning out and raised my hand to “use the restroom”. I made my way down the quiet halls and eventually into the bathroom. There I was met by none other than Kikyo herself.
 
“Oh, Kagome! I was hoping to run into you!”
The day Kikyo “hopes” to run into me is the day the Japan stops having earthquakes.
“ Oh really? What for?” Might as well put on a grin and bear it.
“ Actually, I was kind of hoping to ask you about Inuyasha…”
“ That jerk? What for?” Not at all liking where this was going.
 
“ I was wondering if there was anything between you guys, I mean, you flirt all the time…”
 
Whoa…. Hold up.
 
“ Wait—“ I cut in “ What do you mean flirt? I would never flirt with him!”
“Oh?” She actually looked a little confused…
 
“Well, you guys are always going at each other and the whole jerk thing, I thought it was a kind of pet name…”
 
gross.
 
“Um, no sorry, you must be mistaken….”
 
She put on a fake cheery smile…” Oh good I would absolutely hate to break such a cute couple apart…”
 
“Sorry, You must have misunderstood me, I don't like him…”
 
She was literally dripping with sarcastic sweetness, did that really ever fool anyone?
 
“ right…”
 
And so she left. And I was still standing in the bathroom until I noticed I needed to get back to class. All the while thinking about what she had said.
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*
 
 
“ Jerk!”
 
“Stupid!”
 
“Idiot!”
“CLASS!”
 
Inuyasha and I started our familiar tirade at the sound of Ms. Tanaka yelling above our shouts.
 
“ Now I am usually very lenient with my students but this is an every day occurrence! I understand you have your differences but can you please try and work together?”
 
Our only response was to turn out backs to each other, noses in the air.
 
With a giant sigh, Ms. Tanaka reluctantly took out two slips of paper. “Alright, I'll right you two a pass to Ms. Meiji…”
 
“Wait, you don't have to!”
“I'm not going to that freak again!”
“ Honestly, we can work together…!”
“…no way am I going…”
 
And so there we were, walking back to Ms. Meiji's office for the second time in 3 days.
 
“You know this is your fault…..”
I glanced up at him, “ You're the one that wouldn't answer the dumb question…”
 
We passed by Kikyo in the hall and as she smiled at us, I got the sinking suspicion that something was behind that smile. Little did I know that would be the last pleasant experience between Kikyo and me in a long time.