InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Bake Me Away ❯ Cake In The Face ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Bake Me Away
 
Brought to you by Sango The Lecher Slayer
 
 
Chapter 1: Who She Was
 
 
Disclaimer : -Bored voice- No, I do not own Inuyasha. Only the almighty Rumiko Takahashi owns the copyright - I do however, own “Le Gasp”
 
 
Warnings: This is a romance/humor fic. In some parts of the story, characters will be OOC. If you are not a fan of Kikyo (and slight Hojo) bashing, I suggest you stop reading now.
 
 
“ …” Words
` …' Thoughts
- falls - Actions/Descriptions
 
 
- Ding -
 
 
To Kagome Higurashi, age 22 that was the most terrifying noise ever created, aside from rabid fangirls screaming at a pop star. The noise signified that she was indeed on the kitchen floor of one of the biggest restaurants in America, “Le Gasp.” Only the finest chefs were admitted to cook and serve the thousands of celebrities that poured in every year after events such as the Grammies and benefit concerts.
 
 
Ready to show her stuff, Kagome, somewhat bravely, walked into her interview, with her cake in hand made by scratch from her own secret recipe.
 
 
Half and hour later, she left the room disappointed. The manager couldn't hire her because of her `instability' and the fact that they no longer needed a pastry chef. Kagome had not had a job for a long enough period of time, causing the manager to believe that she would not be a good employee and an asset to the restaurant.
 
 
Head down, Kagome left the restaurant, only to trip and fall. She then crashed into something hard and caused it to fall over. Quickly glancing up she muttered her apologies and was leaving, when a bitter voice shouted towards her, “Hey wench, sorry isn't good enough for me!”
 
 
“What did you just call me?” She demanded angrily
 
 
“You heard me bitch I just called you a wench.” The man shouted back
 
 
“My name is Kagome! Kagome Higurashi Use it you over --” It was then she got a good look at the guy. Waist length silver hair, gorgeous amber eyes, cute fangs, and kawaii puppy dog ears. Damn. He was fine. `Wait! No matter how good he looks, that is no excuse to be swayed into letting him call you a wench and a bitch.'
 
 
The same time she was checking him out, he was checking her out. `Nice! Long legs, everything in the right place, looks like she's in good shape.' It was then he noticed she was checking him out and smirked, “What's wrong wench, cat got your tongue?”
 
 
“That is it!! I officially have had the worst day of my life! First, My alarm didn't go off, second, my cat fell out of the 3rd story window, third, I'm probably not gonna get the Goddamn job that I need--”
 
 
“Oi wench, get to the point, I don't need to hear your sob story anyway, I'm late for a meeting.” With that, he walked back inside the building into the kitchens to grab some food before the meeting.
 
 
“You over pompous arrogant jerk! Get your butt back here right now!” `Okay, so it's kind of a cute butt but - Ah! Kagome, don't go there. Focus.' She then stormed in after him. “Listen to me dammit!”
 
 
When he ignored her, it only left her with one choice.” - smack - He officially had cake all over his face. With that, she stormed back out and ran to hail a cab.
 
 
After he recovered from the shock, he started to yell at the kitchen staff that were all standing there as if mystified by the man that had cake all over his face and $400 Garbagee Parchange suit. “No one hits this Inuyasha Takashi! Get your ass back here. What are you all staring at?! - Holy crap, this stuff tastes amazing!” on that happy note, he started eating the cake off of his face and off of the box which landed on the floor. It was then he realized that he needed her in the restaurant. And the opportune moment was soon to come.
 
 
(AN: Should I go on? OK, just for you ^.^)
 
 
--=oo0OO0oo=--
 
Kagome was floored. There was not a single taxi who would stop for her and all of the bus people randomly decided to go on strike 2.579 seconds before she left the building and Inuyasha. “Damn it. I need a car. Note to self, never take bus again. Today is so not my day.”
 
 
--=oo0OO0oo=--
 
 
He overheard the manager talking to the head chef:
 
 
The manager said, “How are things going in the kitchen?”
 
 
The response was a groaning head chef. “Terrible. Ve are in a mess. Zer is no pastry chef, for he quit zis morning!” he said in his French accent.
 
 
Inuyasha decided to play the knight and come to the rescue, “Hey, I know someone amazing who can become the pastry chef here! Her name is Kagome, Kagome Higurashi.” The manager pailed, knowing that she had just told Higurashi that she was not sure if she could give her the job because they no longer needed a pastry chef. Her weak reply was, “But she is too unstable. I haven't even tasted her cooking.” With that Inuyasha pulled out the (mostly empty) pastry box. “Here, she made this cake from scratch,” he said, somewhat proudly.
 
 
“Wow Inuyasha you're right. I'm surprised that you actually managed to help the company!”
 
 
“Gee thanks,” he muttered sarcastically. `I feel so loved around here.'
 
 
“What are you waiting for? Go get her!!”
 
 
“Huh?” Was his oh so intelligent reply.
 
 
“The girl! Higurashi what's-her-face. Go get her! You are the reason she left after all.”
 
 
“But Sango!” “Damn it Inuyasha just go already!” “Fine.” Without further adieu, he left. `Humph, you would think they'd be thankful. The only reason we knew the wench was any good was because she slammed her cake - delicious as it was - into my face.'
 
 
“Sango my dear, you know that leaves just you and me here.” The chef said, suddenly loosing his `French' accent.
 
 
“Miroku, I honestly have no idea why we put up with you and that stupid French accent of yours. If you weren't Inuyasha's best friend then--HENTAI!!!!” -smack crash bang boom… thump- She stormed out fuming.
 
 
Five minutes later Miroku came to. “No need to worry beloved Sango, for I awaken.” With a quick glance, he noticed she was no longer in the room with him, he was all alone. “Sango, my love, why do you leave me here!! I shall die without yo--Ohh, string!”
 
 
--=oo0OO0oo=--
 
 
“Oh my God! It has been 23 minutes and 36 seconds and there's still no cab here! What did I do to deserve this?” Kagome moaned miserably. She became even more miserable when she noticed the guy she met before come into view. `Damn, the hot guy is coming. Focus Kagome just ignore him.'
 
 
Unfortunately for her (or fortunately for Inuyasha and all of you romance fans out there) a cab finally showed up. The unfortunate part? Inuyasha came into the cab with her. She was ignoring him so well that she didn't even notice him until two lights later when she relaxed and he chose to speak, “So, do you let random guys into your cab everyday?” - smack - “What are you doing here! Stalker!!” “Look I'm sorry! I just wanted to apologize to you,” he stated. “Hmph, I'm ignoring you.” “Please just take my card.” “No.” “Please.” “No.” “Please.” “No.” “Okay then here it is!” With that he stuffed it in her hand.
 
 
Kagome took the card and finally looked at it only to become pale. “You're--”
 
 
AN: And that is where I choose to end the lovely story today! I'd like at least 8 reviews please.
Let it be known that this story is not going to be a very long and drawn out story, about 6 chapters at most. I might finish this story before the other one because I am going to sleepaway camp July 28th and I want to leave something finished for you guys to read.
 
 
I won't update if no one reviews because it means that no one wants to read the story. I already have the second chapter written for you guys though.
 
 
Anyways, have a good day. <(0.0)> Kirby says Read and Review!