InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Bargaining Death ❯ The Arrival ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

****AN same old same old

**ps chapter length will be based solely on my judgment. I will not drag a chapter on if I don't feel it is necessary. Updating is also at my discretion. I am a busy college student.

Thoughts

"Speech"

The Arrival

The Higurashi family sat down to a lovely family meal prepared by Mrs. Higurashi. Kagome and Souta talked quietly amongst themselves about the days events. However, Grandpa sat with a foreboding look upon his face, knowing the end was near. "Hello old man. Did you miss me? Come answer the door I want to meet your family, since I will be visiting for a while" antagonized the voice.

Why do you want to do this? I am sure you have something better to do.

"Oh but I was so looking forward to a vacation. You would not want to die in front of your family now would you?" snorted the voice.

Let's get this over with. But, do not hurt my family, this agreement is between you and I.

"Oh but I thought your granddaughter quite interesting. I would like her to show me around the area, essentially be my tour guide of the living world."

NEVER! You will not touch her. She is young and has her whole life ahead of her!

"Calm yourself old man before my vacation doesn't begin. I do not want your daughter to love. I want a companion for my time in your realm. That is all. Now go answer the door. I am growing tired of standing outside like some sort of beggar. Now send that lovely granddaughter of yours." The smirk could be felt in the voice.

The old man gritted his teeth and sent Kagome to answer the door, what was found was not expected. "Kagome would you please answer the door, I believe we have a guest."

"Grandpa I didn't hear anyone knock on the door. Are you sure you are hearing right these days. Maybe I should make a doctor's appointment for you in the morning," responded Mrs. Higurashi.

"It's ok Mama, Grandpa probably did hear someone. He wouldn't make up stories." Kagome glided across the floor gently and when she arrived at the door, her hand received a small jolt of electricity from the static build up. "Ouch!"

"Oh my God are you alright Kagome." Grandpa jumped up and ran to Kagome fearing the worst that death hurt her.

"Jeez Grandpa it was only a little static electricity. It's no big deal, I'll grab the door and you go sit down and finish dinner," stated Kagome with a warm smile.

Kagome turned the door at an agonizingly slow pace to suit her grandfather. As she opened the door, it revealed a very tall and attractive figure a little older than she. The man at the door was dressed in a black suit with a black dress shirt and a striking red tie neatly tied with a full Windsor knot. As her eyes moved up his body, she noticed bright white shimmering hair tied neatly at the base of his neck. Nevertheless, the best is always saved for last his eyes. His eyes were exquisite large orbs of antiqued gold. His eyes glowed with a cat like appearance.

"You must be Kagome. You are more beautiful in person than your grandfather mentioned." The young man extended his clawed hand and gave the girl an uncharacteristically warm smile. The girl emerged from her trance when his hand reached hers and her face erupted in a blush at the contact. She had never seen a man so attractive. His whole demeanor commanded attention, and she was glad to give him that attention.

"Kagome stop being so rude and invite our guest inside!" scolded Mrs. Higurashi. "Kagome go inside and make a place setting for Mr…."

"Inuyasha, my name is Inuyasha. Your father has been expecting me. I am the grandson of his late friend Ruri and I was sent to help with your family's shrine."

"Oh wonderful! We could really use another hand around the house, because Souta is going off to College soon. Do come in and have dinner with us. I hope you like Oden. It is Kagome's favorite." Mrs. Higurashi pulled the young man through the house and into the dinning area bubbling in her usual manner.

Grandpa raised his eyes to look at the person that entered the room, only to have all the color drain from his face.

"Hello Jiji, how is your health?"