InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Battle of the Youkai (original) ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N Ok. I read all of your reviews. Thanks. I took them into consideration, and I hope you'll be pleased with the outcome (hehehe). Sorry, but I probably will write only 1 chapter per day, since I'm in school. Hope you like it. I can always change it if you don't.
 
Oops! Almost forgot! I spell everything wrong but I do not own Inuyasha, etc. I don't think I have to repeat this but… better safe then sorry.
 
Now! On to the story!
 
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Battle of the Youkai Chapter 1
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
 
After shaking hands, both of them nodded before separating. Kouga ran off, in a whirlwind of speed, thinking of ways to claim Kagome's heart. After a puzzled second, Inuyasha blinked and jumped into the trees, searching for where Kagome and the others were.
 
Suddenly, an enticing smell assaulted his nose, captivating him. Drooling, Inuyasha wondered what it was. 'What? What's that?' It took only a few seconds before the identity of the smell dawned on him. 'Ramen!!! That means… KAGOME!'
 
Following his nose, he ran off, tracing the smell to locate the futuristic girl he was looking for.
 
At the Campsite…
 
Kagome heaved a deep sigh. 'I wonder where he is? I mean, he should be back by now, and he should have surely smelt the ramen I cooked for him by now.' Kagome looked at Miroku and Sango in turn.
 
"Lady Kagome, no need to worry. Inuyasha will be here soon."
 
"Yes Kagome, the houshi is right. He'll be here in a few minutes," Sango said, petting the purring Kirara.
 
Nodding, Kagome tried to calm herself and stop worrying. 'He probably defeated Kouga by now, yet…. I wish they didn't have to fight. Kouga is really not that bad, as long as he doesn't call me his woman. And they're both so alike. If only they could see their similarities.'
 
"Ramen!" A blurry, silver-haired figure ran up to the fire, his nose in the air, pinpointing the smell.
 
'Here he is,' Kagome though, relieved, 'Why did it take him so long?' She watched him move to the cup full of ramen. Narrowing her eyes, Kagome thought, 'Of course, he doesn't ask if I'm ok, or if I got hurt, or if… I don't know, but something!'
 
As Kagome was just about to yell at Inuyasha, Kouga, in all of his glory, made his grand appearance holding a bouquet of magnificent flowers, of lilacs and lavender.
 
Dashing over to Kagome, Kouga said romantically, "Kagome, my love. Take these flowers as a token of my undying love, though they will never amount to the beauty of you."
 
Kagome blushed furiously. 'Well, he is sweet. I mean, it can't harm him for trying.' Accepting his gift, Kagome smelled them delicately. 'Lilacs and… lavender. Oh my! How did he know? These are my favorite flowers."
 
Inuyasha watched the scene unfold before his eyes, cursing his rival for making the first move. "Get away from her, ookami!" he yelled, spitting out some of the food in his mouth.
 
Watching ramen fly out of his mouth as he yelled, Kagome recoiled in disgust, right into the arms of Kouga. Kouga, arms wrapping around Kagome's waist, scolded the dog-demon. "Keep your mouth closed, dog-turd! Learn some damn manners! I won't have be so disrespectful in front of the only woman I love, MY woman."
 
Kagome gasped, and thought, 'Just when he was really sweet, he had to go back to the "my
woman" thing.'
 
Inuyasha immediately woke from his stupor at the wolf's actions and growled. "She's not your woman, jerk."
 
"She's not yours either, dog-turd. What about that dead bitch walking around that you meet late at night?" Putting one of his hands on his hip, Kouga shook his head. "I don't get it. How could you choose a clay-pot over this amazing, warm, beautiful woman who I would give my life for."
 
Kagome blushed at the compliment that made her seem superior to the dead miko. Inuyasha, on the other hand, reddened in anger and put his hand on the hilt of his sword, casting the empty cup of ramen aside.
 
"Don't you dare talk of Kikyo that way! Besides, why bring Kikyo into this? Kagome is not Kikyo! No one can match Kikyo in beauty or skill. Neither one of them belongs to you. I will not have you take either with out a fight."