InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Be Careful What You Do ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Prologue

A/N: Well, my friends, it has begun. The long awaited sequel to 'Be Careful What You Say'. I hope that you will be pleased with this story. It will involve the time travel paradox and the trouble that can arise from information getting into the wrong hands. The first part of this will be a reprint of the original epilogue to 'Be Careful What You Say'; the rest will be the set up for the beginning of this story. Enjoy. Now for the disclaimer. I don't own Inuyasha, just this story idea and my other story ideas. Teaser --- I have an idea for a one-shot lemon. Haven't decided if I will do it yet.

Kagome's time

A man in a business suit looked up from his desk when one of his lieutenants from records came in.

In silence he crossed the room and presented him with a sealed scroll. The man took the scroll and examined the writing on the outside of the scroll. His eyes widened slightly when he realized that this was THE scroll; the scroll of legend. "So, it is time." he stated calmly.

The lieutenant nodded. He tried to remain impassive, but the contents of this scroll had been anticipated for several hundred years, and the idea of finally knowing what was in the scroll made him fidget. His superior looked at him with amusement. "We have waited a long time for this. The magic of the seal has finally faded and we can read the contents. Let us see what it contains." So saying, he took a dagger from his desk and broke the seal.

He read the scroll through. Then he read it again. As he laid the scroll down on his desk, his face reflected his disbelief.

"What did it contain?" asked his lieutenant, somewhat eagerly.

"You would not believe me. If I didn't know that this was the scroll that has sat in our archives for 500 years, I would think that this was a hoax."

The man sat pondering for a moment. "If this scroll is true, then we have a great opportunity for the clan. We have to know."

"How do we prove the truth of the scroll?"

"We must find someone. A young woman named Higurashi Kagome. Find her and bring her here, but, take care. She has a guardian."

The lieutenant snorted. "Our men can take care of any one she has."

"Not this time. Her guardian is a hanyou, and her mate."

"That's impossible! There is no such thing as youkai or hanyous!"

"If we are to accept this scroll as true, then there are and she is married to one. Now, go get this woman."

--------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------------------- -----

Inuyasha's time

'My life can't get anymore complicated, can it?' Kagome sighed and stood up in a long full body stretch, aware of eyes watching her.

"And just what are you doing?" she asked in amused annoyance.

"Just admiring the view." came the husky reply.

She felt him move in behind her and wasn't surprised when his arms went around her waist. And, even though she expected it, she still gasped when he began kissing and nibbling her neck.

"Inuyasha! Will you behave?"

He paused just long enough to whisper in her ear. "No."

She spun in his arms to face him. "You know, sometimes I wish you were more like you were. The way you act now is just so strange."

"Feh!" He got in a quick kiss. "I'm not that much different. Just ask Shippou!"

She smiled and returned his kiss. "I'm talking about how you act toward me, silly."

Inuyasha sighed. "Kagome, this is how I always wanted to treat you but I was afraid to. Now that you are my mate, I don't have to hide how I feel. Inu-youkai mate for life and since you are now stuck with me, I might as well show you how I feel. It would be stupid not to."

"It still feels strange."

"Fine. If you miss it that much, I'll start calling you wench again."

Kagome arched an eyebrow at him. "That won't be necessary. Now, let me go so that I can get dressed and go see mom."

Inuyasha released her and reached for his own clothes as Kagome got dressed. "Are you sure that you don't want me to go with you? It might take both of us to explain."

"No, I had better handle this on my own. I've been gone for a month now and I know that she is getting worried. It will be hard explaining that we had to get married. She's going to be upset that she didn't see us get married." Then she groaned, "Not to mention how upset she will be to find out that we have been married for three weeks and haven't been back to tell her."

"Tell her we were on our honeymoon."

"That won't help."

snort "Just tell her you did it to save my life."

"That won't help, either." groan "Okay, I'm ready. Let's go get this over with."

Inuyasha settled Tessaiga on his hip and leaned over to pick up Kagome's backpack with one hand. He placed his free hand around Kagome's waist and headed out of the hut that they had been using. Inuyasha had plans to build her a home that would rival the nobles but they had decided that it should wait until after Naraku had been dealt with. As they walked to the well, they passed Kaede's hut. Or maybe it would be more appropriate to say, Kaede and Toshiro's hut. The former elder of the ninja clan that had adopted Kagome had wasted no time in coming to the village to marry Kaede. The old miko had been reluctant until a delegation from the village urged her to accept the old ninja's offer. They felt that she deserved to spend her later years with a companion since she had sacrificed so much of her life for them. "Besides," one of the village elders pointed out, "it's not like you are leaving us. Be happy, Kaede-sama. You deserve it." So, she had accepted and they had gotten married.

As they approached the well, Inuyasha began griping again. "I don't like it. I don't like being seperated from you."

sigh "We've been over this, Inuyasha. I want to tell mom first." Kagome brightened. "Tell you what, why don't you come over around supper time? By then I'll have everything explained and mom won't be ready to have you fixed."

"Huh? I didn't know I was broken."

Kagome giggled. "I'll explain later. Just come over at supper time and we will be able to celebrate with my family." 'I hope.' she added, silently. As she took her backpack from Inuyasha, she gave him a quick kiss that he immediately turned into a deep kiss. When they seperated, both were breathing heavily. "Later." Kagome promised. "Don't forget. Suppertime."

"I won't, my love. I'll see you then." As Kagome threw a leg over the rim of the well, Inuyasha suddenly called. "Hey, wench! I love you, ya know."

She smiled at him and called back, "I love you too, dog boy!" and then she dropped into the well.

Inuyasha watched until the blue light faded then jumped up into the nearest tree to wait until it was time to go to his mate.

As Kagome climbed out of the well in her own time, she cringed. 'Man, I don't know how I'm going to do this! I guess I'll just have to be direct.' She took a deep breath, squared her shoulders and headed for the house. So intent was she on getting this over with that she didn't notice the three shadows that detached themselves from the walls of the wellhouse. The shadows resolved into three men who met at the base of the stairs leading out of the wellhouse. They nodded to each other and followed the young woman who was their target out.

A/N: I hope that this is a good beginning. I'll be seeing you in about a week or so. Actually, I will be going back and forth between this story and my other story so just be patient. Good things come to those who wait.