InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Be Careful What You Say ❯ Chapter two: Help please ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter two

Miroku and Sango heard Kagome's scream for help. "Kirara!" Sango called. The cat demon transformed for them to mount. Leaping onto her back, Sango yelled "Let's go!" Heading for the God-tree, they saw Kagome on her knees next to a prone Inuyasha. Jumping from Kirara's back, Sango looked for an enemy. Miroku came running up, slightly winded. "You know,"he complained, "you could have waited for me!" His ire vanished when he saw the crying Kagome. She was holding something to her chest and rocking back and forth, weeping. After seeing that there was no threat, Sango went to Kagome and Inuyasha. She gasped when she saw the knife in his chest. "Kagome? Who did this? Is Inuyasha still alive?"

Kagome didn't look up from what she was holding.

"Kagome? Kagome!" Sango said forcefully. "Who did this!?"she demanded.

Kagome still didn't look up, but this time she answered. "I did."she whispered.

"What!?"exclaimed a shocked Miroku and Sango.

"I did it!"she wailed. " I sat him and I didn't know that he was holding a knife and now he's dead and its my fault and all he was doing was carving and I wanted to see it and he wouldn't let me and I sat him and and ....."she babbled, tears streaming down her cheeks.

Sango knelt beside her and put her arms around her. "Shhh. Its going to be alright."she whispered,but didn't believe it. "It was an accident. Miroku, please check Inuyasha. See if he is ..."she trailed off, not wanting to believe that the hanyou was gone.

Miroku nodded and went to Inuyasha. As he knelt beside him, he thought he saw his chest rise. "Oh Buddha, please let him be alive." he prayed for his friend. Checking for a pulse in Inuyasha's throat as Kagome had taught him, he felt it. Slow and weak, but it was there! "HE'S STILL ALIVE!!" Miroku shouted.

Kagome and Sango exchanged a look and scrambled to Inuyasha's side. "We've got to get this knife out!"said Sango.

"No!" exclaimed Kagome."It's the only thing keeping him from bleeding to death. We've got to get him to Kaeda as quick as we can."

"Kirara!" Sango called. Putting Kagome on Kirara's back, she and Miroku gently passed Inuyasha to Kagome. She held him as if her life depended on it. "Go to Kaeda's! We will follow!" ordered the demon exterminator. As Kirara sped off with Kagome and Inuyasha, Sango looked at Miroku. "Gods, What a mess. Do you think that Inuyasha will be okay?"she asked the monk.

"I don't know. I pray that he is for Kagome's sake." miroku answered bleakly. "She will never forgive herself if he dies." As he started to turn for the village, he spied something in the grass. Bending to get it, he saw that it was the carving that Kagome had been holding. In the excitment of finding Inuyasha still alive, the girl had dropped it. When he saw what it was, he was shocked. He had seen his friend working on something for several days but had refrained from asking him what it was. "Damn." he said softly.

Sango looked at him in shock. The monk didn't swear often. "What is it? What do you have there?"

"Kagome dropped it. It was what she sat Inuyasha over, because he wouldn't let her see it."

"Well, what is it that caused all this?" Miroku silently handed over the carving of Kagome and Inuyasha.

"Oh Gods,"Sango said weakly,"we had better get this to her before she knows its gone. She'll be frantic."