InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Be Careful What You Say ❯ Chapter Fifteen: Recovery ( Chapter 15 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter Fifteen

A/N: I don't own Inuyasha. Well, thanks for the e-mails and reviews. And as you can see, I'm not done yet, so don't worry, I'll get to Kagome's payment for Inuyasha's cure. Enjoy!

Kagome awoke slowly. She became aware of voices near her.

Sango "You should have seen the expressions on the faces of the healer and the elder when Kagome began breathing for you." laughter

Miroku "Indeed. I am most jealous. I would give anything to have the Lady Kagome give me the attention she gave you. Even a knife in the chest."

A low growl "Listen, monk! You will keep your hands and your wishes to yourself!"

With that last statement, Kagome's eyes flew open and she sat up in bed. She saw Sango and Miroku seated on the floor next to a mat on the other side of the room. Proped up on the mat was an irratated hanyou whose eyes widened when he saw her move. "Inuyasha."she whispered. 'Thank God, he's alive,...' she kept repeating in her mind. Leaping from her mat, she darted across the room and all but tackled the startled hanyou. Tears were streaming down her face as she held him and felt his arms tighten around her.

As her tears slowed, she looked up at Inuyasha's face. "Don't you ever scare me like that again!" she said fiercely. "I thought I had lost you!"

Inuyasha snorted. "Feh! Your not getting rid of me that easily!" Saying that, he put his hand under her chin and tilted her head back slightly. He leaned in and kissed her softly, on the lips. As he withdrew from the kiss, he smiled slightly. "I have been wanting to do that for some time." he said softly. "It was worth the wait."

Fresh tears were in Kagome's eyes, but this time she smiled and threw her arms around Inuyasha's neck. She pulled him in and kissed him fiercly. When she withdrew, slightly breathless, Inuyasha had a stunned expression on his face. Kagome giggled and said, "And I've been wanting to do that for a while, too! And it was definately worth the wait!" She looked over at Miroku and Sango. They looked as if they had been hit over the head with a bat! She started laughing at them. "Well, you both know that I love him! Why are you so surprised!"

Miroku shook his head slightly and got a far away look in his eyes. "That did look like it was worth waiting for." he sighed. "Why don't you kiss me like that, and I can tell you for sure!"

Smack! Smack! 'growl' Bop! Miroku suddenly found out if the floor was as hard as it appeared!

"Houshi-sama!" exclaimed Sango. "You are a disgrace!"

"Oh, well." sighed Kagome. 'Some things never change.' she thought. She looked at Inuyasha, 'And then some things you never expect happen!' She smiled and leaned in for another kiss.

"Hold, child!" A hard voice called to her, bringing her up short. "I will NOT tolerate such antics from you! You are to marry soon!"

A/N: I know that this is rather short, but please bear with me. I am getting close to the end of this fic (a few more chapters, probably) and I have another that I am working on. I will start it soon after this one is done.

Anyway, keep reviewing!