InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Be Careful What You Wish For ❯ Be Careful What You Wish For ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Be Careful What You Wish For
By Majicman55
 
 
The battle was over.
 
Naraku had been defeated and destroyed. He would never, could never, return. That was certain.
 
The monk's kazaana was gone. Indeed, the monk and taijiya had danced for joy and then disappeared only to reappear hours later…Sango blushing, but grinning ear-to-ear nonetheless.
 
When the hanyou smiled wickedly at them and began to open his mouth, Miroku had held the taijiya protectively and declared that InuYasha should not besmirch the reputation of his future wife and mother of his children.
 
“You got that right, bouzu,” huffed InuYasha.
 
“That's right, InuYasha,” declared Miroku. “Sango will be my wife.”
 
InuYasha snorted. “And the mother of your children. I'd make that wedding sooner rather than later, if I were you.”
 
“Huh?” The monk looked at Sango, who smiled back sheepishly. He looked back at the hanyou who was tapping his nose and smirking. “You…you mean?”
 
InuYasha turned and walked away, laughing. “Looks like you got your wish, monk.”
 
 
******************
 
 
InuYasha looked down from his high branch into the campsite. Kagome and Shippo were there. Sesshomaru and his party had left hours ago, as was to be expected. The Great Lord of the Western Lands was all business, if nothing else, and his business here was through. So Shippo was gathering firewood (and sometimes flowers) and Kagome was getting things together to make dinner.
 
Ah, Kagome. Sweet, beautiful Kagome. There was something almost divine about her. The way she had accepted him for who and what he was, the way she cared about and, yes, loved him. He knew she loved him…and he loved her also. She had been but a young girl when he first met her...pretty in a girlish way; but now, after two years of traveling together facing incredible hardships and fighting their way through them, she was turning into a beautiful woman.
 
InuYasha heard Kagome yell “ow!” and he looked down to see the miko spread eagle on the ground, her skirt flipped up on her back.
 
“Are you okay?” he yelled down. “What the…?” he thought.
 
Kagome froze. Then it registered that her butt was showing and it probably hadn't been a good day to try wearing a thong for the first time. She spun around and sat up quickly. “I-I'm fine, InuYasha.”
 
“Feh! Clumsy girl.” InuYasha turned away.
 
Kagome blushed and got back up on her feet. “I'll get dinner ready.”
 
“Keh.”
 
Kagome turned away from the hanyou and hurried back to the campfire where she began digging supplies out of her backpack. “He still thinks I'm just a clumsy girl,” she muttered. “And now that we have all the shards together, I'm not even good for finding those anymore.” A tear came to her eye as she got out the ramen. “I wonder how much longer I'll be making this for him.”
 
“Are you okay, Kagome?”
 
Kagome looked up. “Oh…hi, Sango. Where's Miroku?”
 
“He went to find InuYasha.” The taijiya knelt before Kagome. “Oh, Kagome. I think I'm pregnant!”
 
“I guess I was just wondering how much longer I'd be making InuYasha…what?”
 
“I think I'm pregnant.”
 
Kagome sputtered for a moment before reaching out to take Sango into a huge hug. “You two sure didn't wait long.” Kagome paused. “You're okay with this, aren't you?”
 
“Well…I was a little surprised when InuYasha started tapping his nose and smirking at us, but yes, I'm fine with it. In fact, I kind of wish we had started earlier.”
 
“Sango?”
 
“I was in heaven, Kagome. It was so wonderful!”
 
“I…see.” Kagome smiled for her friend.
 
The taijiya stopped gushing as she remembered that Kagome still pined for InuYasha's attention. “I-I'm sorry, Kagome.”
 
“Nonsense. I'm very happy for you.”
 
Sango decided to change the subject. “Have you decided on what your wish will be?”
 
InuYasha had decided against wishing himself full youkai and had insisted that Kagome make the wish on the Shikon no Tama. After all, Kagome was the most selfless person he knew and was sure to make a wish that was not selfish.
 
And, as they all knew, a selfish wish would backfire on them.
 
Above all else, Kagome wanted InuYasha to be happy. She wished she could be happy with him, but… “I think I have, Sango.”
 
 
******************
 
 
“So, my friend,” asked Miroku, “is Sango really pregnant?”
“Feh. You really wanna know?”
 
“Wouldn't you, if it was Kagome?”
 
The smirk disappeared from the hanyou's lips. “Watch it, monk,” he growled.
 
“Why, InuYasha…”
 
“Shut up.”
 
The monk smiled. “Walk with me.”
 
InuYasha scowled, but accompanied his friend. “Don't you talk about Kagome that way.”
 
“What way? You mean, saying she's pregnant?”
 
InuYasha was growling.
 
“Or is it that you wish you could make her that way?”
 
Before Miroku knew what happened, he found himself pinned to a tree. “Hit…a sore spot…did I?”
 
There were actually flecks of red in the hanyou's eyes. Finally they settled back to their normal gold and InuYasha allowed the monk to settle back to the ground. “Feh.”
 
“You want her, don't you? You're willing to go to hell with Kikyo to uphold your honor, but you still want Kagome.”
 
“Shut…up.”
 
Miroku couldn't resist pressing the issue. “You want to take Kagome and rip off her clothes. You want to take her for your own, drive her to the heights of ecstasy…till she screams your name as you mark her as your own and fill her with your seed.” Miroku found himself pinned to the tree again. “You…want her to…bear your…child.”
 
InuYasha released the monk, who slumped to the ground.
 
The hanyou looked away from his friend. “Yes.”
 
Miroku sat there rubbing his neck.
 
“I almost did it earlier when she tripped and fell and that stupid short skirt of hers flipped up and…” InuYasha decided not to mention what Kagome was wearing under her skirt. “…her scent hit me and all I could think of was…”
 
“InuYasha?” Miroku was waving his hand up and down in front of the hanyou's eyes…which were again getting red flecks in them.
 
InuYasha turned to his friend and sobbed, “All I could think of was Kagome and me, naked, finding some privacy and pounding into her till she screamed my name as I filled her with my seed, making her pregnant with our pups! I want her forever, Miroku! I want to do that over and over and over…forever!” The hanyou turned, held onto Miroku and sobbed, “I'm turning into you!”
 
The monk rolled his eyes. “I'm so misunderstood.”
 
InuYasha released Miroku, backed up a pace and pulled himself together. “However……I have my honor.”
 
“But not your happiness.”
 
“No, not that.”
 
After a pause, Miroku asked again. “So, Sango's not really…?”
 
InuYasha smiled at his friend. “Congratulations.” The hanyou shook the monk's hand. “You're a father.”
 
 
******************
 
 
Everyone was gathered in the field where the final battle had occurred just two days before. Miroku and Sango sat together on one side of Kagome, Shippo and Kirara sat on the other. In front of her stood InuYasha, with Kikyo standing beside him.
 
Kagome stood with the Shikon no Tama cradled in her palms. The jewel shone with a pure light that not even Kikyo had been able to bring to it.
 
“It is time, my reincarnation,” said Kikyo. The undead miko smiled. If the jewel twisted the wish, it would come back on Kagome, not her. “You must make your wish and rid this world of the jewel.”
 
Kagome nodded.
 
“I wish…I wish that InuYasha would have whatever makes him happiest.”
 
There was a momentary glow which died as suddenly at it appeared.
 
Miroku and Sango gasped. Even Kikyo gasped.
 
When Kagome could see again, her first thought was, “Why is InuYasha naked?” Her second thought was a little more…profane.
 
When InuYasha could see again, his first thought was, “Why is Kagome naked?” His second thought was…a lot more profane.
 
Everyone else was finding him or herself gradually forced back. A completely opaque barrier was forming between them and the naked couple.
 
Just before they couldn't be seen at all, a look of astonishment appeared on Kagome's face as InuYasha literally launched himself in her direction.
 
Then, they could be neither seen nor heard.
 
Kikyo fumed and pounded on the outside of the barrier. “What's going on in there? You cheap copy! What have you done?”
 
“Come, my dear Sango,” said Miroku as he took the hand of the mother of his children. “Let's head back to camp.”
 
“But what about Kagome?”
 
“You should be careful what you wish for. You just might get it.”
 
Sango looked back at the barrier and Kikyo, who was still pounding on it. “You mean…?”
 
The muffled sound of Kagome screaming InuYasha's name could be heard dimly from within the barrier.
The monk smiled. “Let's just say our children will have someone to play with.”