InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Beautiful Disaster ❯ Beautiful Disaster ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: Beautiful Disaster
Summary: After a battle when Inuyasha got hurt, Kagome find herself singing a song that reminds her of the hanyou.
 
Beautiful Disaster
Kagome woke in the middle of the night only to find herself in a hut with Inuyasha lying at her side. Sango and Miroku had gone back to the demon slayer village earlier in the day bringing Shippo and Kirara with them, leaving only Kagome and Inuyasha. Shortly after their departure they had been attack by a demon and Inuyasha had gotten hurt protecting her once again. Now looking down upon him, her eyes resting where the bandage wrapped around his chest, Kagome felt her heart squeeze as it always did when Inuyasha would get hurt. Suddenly Inuyasha started to whimper in his sleep and toss and turn. Reaching a hand to his forehead she wiped the sweat with her handkerchief. Trying to soothe him she stated to sing one of her favorite songs.
He drowns in his dreams
An exquisite extreme I know
 
Her eyes taking in his cut little puppy ears and his silver hair her smiled deepen as she reach for one of the little triangular furry appendage.
He's as damned as he seems
And more heaven than a heart could hold
Her eyes, which had closed midway through the lyrics, opened with haste when her hands caught the movement of Inuyasha body. His eyes slowly opened and his traditional smirk came only too vanished as pain shot through his chest.
“You okay?” ask Kagome supporting his upper body by going behind him and letting his head fall on her shoulder.
“I've been better,” he said nuzzling her neck. Kagome reached out and started to rub his puppy ears again, remembering what the motion meant. A couple of minutes later as the silence between them stretched out Inuyasha let out a yawn.
“Hey Kagome?” said Inuyasha into her neck making her blush in the process.
“Yes?” Kagome said her face still a bright pink.
“Could you continue singing that song?”
“Sure,” she said smiling. Closing her eyes she continued where she left off.
 
And if I try to save him
My whole world would cave in
It just ain't right
It just ain't right

Oh and I don't know
I don't know what he's after
But he's so beautiful
He's such a beautiful disaster
And if I could hold on
Through the tears and the laughter
Would it be beautiful?
Or just a beautiful disaster

He's magic and myth
As strong as what I believe
 
Thissong reminds me so much of Inuyasha. It fit him so perfectly,” Kagome thought.

A tragedy with
More damage than a soul should see
 
“He's suffered through so much, losing his mother losing Kikyo, being rejected from both human society and demons. I wish I could just erase the pain,”

And do I try to change him
So hard not to blame him
Hold me tight
Hold me tight
 
“I wouldn't change him though. It'snot his fault he's like that.If only Kikyo understood that,”


Oh and I don't know
I don't know what he's after
 
“I may not know what he's after but I'll stick by him for as long as he wantsme too,”

But he's so beautiful
He's such a beautiful disaster
And if I could hold on
Through the tears and the laughter
Would it be beautiful?
Or just a beautiful disaster

I'm longing for love and the logical
But he's only happy hysterical
I'm searching for some kind of miracle
Waited so long
So long
 
“Damn right I'm looking for a miracle. I just hope that miracle happens before I have a mental breakdown,”


He's soft to the touch
But frayed at the end he breaks
He's never enough
And still he's more than I can take
Oh and I don't know
I don't know what he's after
But he's so beautiful
He's such a beautiful disaster
And if I could hold on
Through the tears and the laughter
Would it be beautiful?
Or just a beautiful disaster

He's beautiful
Lord he's beautiful
He's beautiful
 
Looking down on Inuyasha face Kagome realized he had fallen asleep while she sang. A small smile came to her lips as she watched his peaceful face. Lying down she settled herself in a position comfortable for both her and Inuyasha. With a peck on the cheek she went to sleep.
 
The rays of the sun bathed the nearly empty hut in bright colors as birds could be heard outside, chirping away. Kagome stoop up and looked around. Only to find that Inuyasha was not in the hut. Running out of the hut she quickly spotted him on a hill not to far away.
“Inuyasha! What are you doing out here?” she said her voice scolding but her eyes telling a different story.
“Good morning to you too, Kagome,” he said turning to look at the teenager.
“Inuyasha…,”
“Hey look I'm fine. The wound closed up,” he said, interrupting.
“Maybe but it'll reopen if you keep moving around,” she said her tone softening a little.
“Come on let's go back to the hut so I can re-bandage your wound. I'll cook up some ramen,” she added with a smile.
“Okay,” said Inuyasha his ears rising from excitement at the mention of ramen.
 
In the hut Kagome set about boiling the water before going to change his bandage. As she finish and gave Inuyasha his bowl she remembered the events of the night before. Crawling behind him she reached out both hands and gently massaged the little fuzzy appendage. Inuyasha let out a low growl and leaned back, enjoying the sensation.
 
The morning soon faded away into the night while in the hut to two teens finally for the first time in a while enjoyed the peace they had and drowned in it.
“My Beautiful Disaster,”
 
 
 
 
 
For those of you that haven't guess it yet the miracle Kagome is talking about his Inuyasha retuning the feelings she has for him. Please R&R.