InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Beauty ❯ Beauty ( One-Shot )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Beauty
 
Summary: What is beauty to you? And to Inuyasha? Kagome? And the other shard hunters, what do they think? Kouga, the Wolf Prince? And what of Sesshomarou, Lord of the West? Inu-Kago. Sess-Kagu. Mir-San. Kou-Aya.
 
Disclaimer: Sole rights to Inuyasha belong to Viz and Rumiko Takahashi.
 
~@~
 
What is beauty to you? I blinked at the sudden question. Kagome was walking alongside me, pushing her bicycle. I scowled at her, “What do you care?” She glanced away quickly, but I had already identified the look in her eyes. Kikyou.
 
She hummed noncommittally. “Just curious, I guess.” I scowled more. Even if she didn't know how guilty she always made me feel… it was still her fault. “Keh.” Hopefully, she would take the hint. She did, wandering off to talk to Sango.
 
I glared at air, my mind drifting back to her innocent query.
 
“What is beauty?” Her voice echoed in my head. The look in her eyes had screamed Kikyou. And she was right, in a way. Kikyou is pretty enough: long, straight-stick hair; deep gray eyes; hime-pale skin. Elegant. …Boring.
 
No, the image of beauty had, at that moment, been right before my eyes. Dancing blue eyes, wavy black hair, milky skin… obscenely short skirt.
 
Yep, that's right. Funny, huh? She waltzes into my world and frees me, only to imprison me - twice. My body, my heart.
 
~@~
 
“What did Inuyasha say to you?” Kagome blinked at her best friend's magenta eyes. “What is beauty to you?” Sango blushed a bit. “You first.” Kagome blinked, blushed, and glanced about furtively. Convinced no one was paying attention, she whispered in Sango's ear. “Inuyasha.”
 
Sango's blush lessened a bit, but she still bit her lip in indecision before replying. “Miroku.”
 
~@~
 
Shippou perched on Miroku's shoulder. “What is beauty to you?” Miroku looked bemused, “Did you come up with that yourself?” Shippou shook his head and scratched an ear. “Kirara heard Sango and Kagome.” He bounded to the other shoulder. “Mine's Kagome-kaa-san!”
 
Miroku debated for nearly half a moment. “Sango.”
 
Shippou nodded sagely.
 
~@~
 
Somehow, such a question has a tendency of traveling. Fast.
 
~@~
 
“Kouga-san?” “What?!” “What is beauty to you?” Kouga turned to Ginta and immediately began to answer, “Ka-”
 
The vision in his head didn't have gray-blue eyes. No, those eyes were a vibrant, sparkling, green. And the pale skin of her face was framed with red hair.
 
“Ayame.”
 
~@~
 
“Sesshomarou-sama?” “Yes, Rin.” “What does Sesshomarou-sama think beauty is?” He was prepared to brush her question off, but a face appeared before his eyes.
 
Red eyes, elegant features, black hair. A graceful kimono, and a giant feather.
 
Kagura.