InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Belle Indentical Doll ❯ One-Shot

[ A - All Readers ]




Disclaimer: Characters belong to Rumiko Takahashi, lyrics ( "Combat Baby" ) to Metric, this fanfic to me, inspiration to Mieko Belle of ff.net =)

A/N: There might be slight OOCness, as I'm not good at writing about these characters.

// ..We used to leave the blue lights on, and there was a beat.. //

The beating of his heart fluttered ceaselessly against his ribcage, an obnoxious drumming in his sensitive ears; always going ever faster, ever faster, as he contemplated approaching her.

Again.

Sweat pooled at the base of his neck, shallow orbs of sapphire glazed with some alien feeling as he took one hesitant step, then two more- vegetation hissing and whispering all the while to betray the shadows hiding him. From her. The contrast of her silken tresses and her porcelain skin, the smile that was forbidden to grace her unpainted lips, the plain but deadly beauty of her that denied hidden strength.

// ..Ever since you have been gone, it's all caffeine free..//

It had been a long, long time since they'd last spoken. He suspected she hadn't missed him as much as he'd never claim to have missed her, longed for her even while courting another in vain. It was unfair to think of her as the one he so lusted after, to come crawling back for just one more taste because he'd been denied some other treat; one with the same sweet sugar-coating but a center dramatically different. He'd always been one to desire what he couldn't have.

She knew it was him. And yet, she gave him no expression, or even acknowledgement aside from the alluringly aloof look in her eye that dared him to take another step.

He was going to be a little unfair

// ..Faux punk fatigues..//

And then, they were both in range of sight, surrounded by silence that both disturbed and tranquilized the tension between them. "I missed you," He said thickly, drawing himself up to his full height. He couldn't help himself. She paused, gaze flickering in feigned modesty behind her lashes. But there was a fine mind behind those eyes, he knew all too well. She was considering.

"No." Was what she uttered in reply, voice gone frigid because

// .. Said it all before.. //

He couldn't use her to get back at her one, true, terrible lovely soul mate. Besides, the pure essence of the miko pulsed off of him in waves, even as his nervous smile said wordlessly 'it's only you'. That was his true intention. To strike pain and fury and, of course, jealousy in the heart of his rival. A dainty hand moved to cup his cheek- ice against the inferno flooding his skin.

He buried his head in her chest, breath stirring faintly against flesh with no veins nor blood running beneath, her putrid graveyard scent laced slightly with roses and bellflowers blossoming only in memory. The fettered night held them both tightly, as if all the breeze in the world had turned and vanished. It was still, and silent. Save for painful breathing that escaped his warm lips

// .. They try to kick it, their feet fall asleep..//

"We can't." She whispered, long white fingers mussing his hair gently.

She didn't cry. So neither did he. He wouldn't yield to her or fate, or even what she thought was right and wrong- like this. His palms placed on her skeletal hips, rows of pearly canines brushing her chest, the elegant curve of her neck in a feathery manner made to tease. Cupid lips appeared cold and yet so kissable; though he knew to move with little or no speed when in her company. Besides, he didn't want this moment to end too quickly..

// ..Get no harm done no.. //

He assured her. "I want you back. I want things like they were," With a slight nuzzle, he pulled away and lifted his face to hers, eyes pleading and yet still firm. She didn't realize what it meant to him when she allowed him to interfere, just once, with her vengeful plans. To let him hold her, touch her, say things that didn't mean anything to anyone and have her listen besides. "Even if it leaves us with nothing, or doesn't last.."

She leaned her slight weight onto him, clutching weakly as if drowning yet with no desire to be rescued. Maybe, maybe she just didn't want to drown alone. He wouldn't fight it

// ..None of them want to fight me..//

The words she was dying to say, and would. They kissed with passion not to be expressed.

Passion she'd never allow to be liberated in anything but battles. Any kind of battle; inward, outward, violent, for love or hate or both.

And she sighed a sort of severed sigh, the kind that takes up space but has no feeling. "I love him, I'll always love him." She left a trail of fleeting kisses along his jaw line. "He is mine."

// ..Combat baby, come back baby..//

"I could make you mine," He offered hopefully, voice deep and coarse with lust.

"Never," It was a chuckle. Bitter, as they held each other. She was cold. So very, very cold and she hadn't ever dreamed anyone but her lover could love her. "We can't win, wolf."

// ..Fight off the lethargy, don't go quietly..//

"Then we can't lose Kikyou."

// ..Combat baby, you said you'd never give up easy. //

- end -