InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Better Off Dead ❯ Champ of the K-12 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A/N: warning ~ this story does tend to jump from person to person, so I will try to make that clear. Also, I used a lot of direct quotes from the movie; like I said I have seen it way to many times! So if that might bug you (that I wasn't more creative) sorry... although I might have mixed up the order on some of the quotes slightly... oh well! and I might have cut out scenes or parts that were either, in my opinion, irrelevant, or would only be funny if seen ^_^ ... also, Kagome is going to be from Japan and not France.. also, it is humorus but in a dark kind of way, Lastly ('bout time eh?), I may not be able to write much until the weekends... so sorry for not updating a lot..
~ I don't own Inuyasha or Better Off Dead, or any of the items that might be mentioned in this fic... This fic takes place in the 80's (when the movie was) and is from the third person perspective unless otherwise indicated... ^_^ (and that is my first and last disclaimer unless I think of something else)

§¤§¤§¤§¤&sec t;¤§¤§¤§¤§¤§&cu rren;§¤§¤§¤§¤§¤ §¤§¤§¤§¤§¤§ ;¤§¤§¤§¤§¤§&cur ren;§¤§¤§¤§¤§¤& sect;¤§¤§¤§¤§¤§ ¤§¤§¤§¤§¤§&curr en;§¤§¤§¤§¤§¤&s ect;¤§¤§¤§¤§¤§& curren;§¤


One:
Champ of the K-12



The raido played a popular song and the seventeen year old boy pushed the blankets off him, stirring him out of his warm sleeping coccoon. Pictures of a slender black-haired girl plastered the walls of the boys froom. It was hard to tell if there even was a wall behind them. The girl was smiling in some of the pictures, but for the most part her expression was emotinoless.
The boy compleatly got out of bed and walked into the bathroom. His long silver hair cascaded down his back as he flung his shirt to the floor. He then proceeded to drop his boxers. He left his socks on as he stepped cautiously into the shower.

The sound of baseball cards could be heard against the spokes of the paper-boys bicycle, as he rode quickly up the street, his face with a look of determination. The garage window's, all had been broken, except one. The boys father stirred from his own room, sensing something approaching. His eyes shot open wide, the paper-boy. Quickly the man, in his late forties, put on his wife's silk robe and his wife's pink slippers and ran downstairs. Outside he put the key into the garage-door opener. It was jammed and the door wouldn't budge. The paper-boy rapidly apporached, the man pushed the button quicker, willing it to go up, it began moving just as the paper flew from the boy's hand. The paper crashed into the wood of the garage door.

The man laughed manically, "You missed you little," he looked around the neighboor hood, "Menace!" he looked over to see his neighboor cutting his hedges, "Morning," he said calmly as he took the key out of the garage door and pushed the button for it to close. The man walked into the garage to go back into the house when he heard a whirrling sound, and the garage door slammed down, shattering and breaking the remaining window.

The father came into the kitchen, putting down the paper that he had recieved from Hojo, the paperboy, and sat down at the kitchen table next to his other son, who was busy filling out an envelope.

"What is that?" the man asked as his wife pilled a substance that appeared to be green, soggy cardboard, onto a plate and handed it to her husband.

"It's bacon." she replied calmly.

"I know its bacon... but what have you done to it?" he asked in exasperated manor.

"Well, remember how you said you didn't like all the greese from fried bacon," she paused and her husband nodded, "so I boiled it." the man sat dumbfounded.

The seventeen year old boy was out of the shower and was now blow-drying his long silver locks. He then put his foot up on the sink and proceeded to blow-dry his mistmatched socks.

"What is Inuyasha doing up at this hour on a sunday? Doesn't he turn to dust or something if the sun hits him before noon?" asked the father, taking a daring chance at his 'bacon'.

"Oh, trials for the ski team are today. He is going up to the mountain, with Kikyo." the mother replied

"Of course he is going with Kikyo, he can't go anywhere without that girl. I'll tell you, he is obsessed." the man said.

"Now, obsessed?" the mother looked up to where Inuyasha's room was located in the house.

The boy was now finished getting dressed, and dried and went into his closet. Attached to every coat hanger was picture of this Kikyo's head. He grabbed a vest with matching gloves and closed the closet door.

"Inuyasha, a closet door can be closed as well as it can be open!" the father closed the closet door in the hallway between the living room and the kitchen. The man was shocked as a ski hit him from behind as his son walked through the door.

"Oh, sorry dad." he said as he continued to walk toward the front door.

"Inuyasha, your breakfast is getting cold!" his mother called from the kitchen. Inuyasha turned and his ski's knocked over a table of small glass ornaments.

"I can't eat today, got try-outs, I have a nervous stomach. I had to buy that guy a new hat last time." Inuyasha said as he continued trying to walk out toward the door.

"Inuyasha, memorandum, I would like to take a meeting with you at some point to discuss the future of that vehicle which you bought several months ago and has darkened my driveway imobile ever since." his father stated, pointing to a broken down car with a brownish, gray tarp over it.

"Noted, I gotta go pick up Kikyo." Inuyasha said as he threw his skis into the back of his car and got into the drivers seat.


§¤§¤§¤§¤ ;

A beautiful girl, with long black hair down to her back, soft olive skin and beautiful round brown eyes, closed the curtain of her window. The room was bare, she had just moved in. She was an exchange student, living in the states for the school year. She went over to her suitcase and put her dodgers baseball cap away. An older woman walked in and began to talk animatedly to the girl.

"Kagome, this is Hojo, Hojo, this is Kagome. Kagome is going to be staying with us." the woman stated.

"Konichiwa." Kagome, as she was called, extended her hand to Hojo, who simply ignored it and sniffed loudly, inhaling from his usual bottle of nazal spray. She put her hand down and frowned slightly, more in disgust then in sorrow.


§¤§¤§¤§&curr en;

It was snowing lighty, small wet flakes graced the mountain and its visitors. Inuyasha stood next to the expressionless black-haired girl from the pictures in his room. A tall 'evil' looking guy has just skied down the treterous looking mountain and now stood in front of the mob of people who were waiting to try out for the ski team.

"Your style will be judged soley by me. Now, who wants to hold my clipboard?" Kikyo raised her hand animatedly into the air. Looking happy, for once in her life.

"What is your name?" The guy, by the name of Naraku, asked in a sly manor.

"Kikyo," she said, sheepishly tilting her head down.

"You, what is your name?" he turned his attention to Inuyasha.

"Inuyasha," he replied, his nerves racking.

"Well Inuyasha, are you ready to be apart of the well-oiled Machineary that is the Lincoln High Ski racing team?" Naraku asked.

"Well, I would sure-" Inuyasha was cut off by the haughty ski team captain.

"Well, good then get on up there!" he said pointing to the slope and pushing Inuyasha over in the process. The rest of the people waiting to try out for the team all fell over into a giant heap as Inuyasha landed on them.

Inuyasha raced down the hill, perfectly executing every turn, every jump. Like a god, his silver hair swaying as the wind rushed passed him. He hit every check mark, and as he crossed the finish line, in just under a minute (the alloted time) he smiled, knowing he had done it. He had made the ski team.

"Oh sorry, close," Naraku said smiling as he held the stop watch. 1 minute and 1 second. He had allowed the clock to run after Inuyasha had crossed the line. Inuyasha's heart sank.

Inuyasha drove on his way home in his families beat up brown station wagon. Hitting his hand on the steering wheel, thinking back to what Kikyo had said to him; I think it would be in my best interest if I went out with someone more popular. You know, drives a better car, you understand?

"Six months and she leaves me for him! For Naraku just like that!" he hit his fist against the steering column again.

§¤§¤§¤§¤&se ct;¤§¤§¤

"Inuyasha, how was your day?" Inuyasha walked through the door of his house as his mother swayed back and forth vaccuming the floor.

"Kikyo broke up with me," he said, his voice full of sorrow.

"Oh, that is nice," his mother replied as she continued to vaccume. He mumbled under his breath that it was true and went into the garage. He took an extension cord and tied it around a beam on the garage ceiling. He then tied a noose and wrapped it around his neck, preparing to jump off the step.

"Wait a minute here. This is death here. I haven't even been to New York City. Gods I haven't even been anywhere." he was about to loosen the noose as his mother pushed the door open, knocking him off the step. He struggled to untie the cord as his mother continued to bang him with the door, still vaccuming the rug, oblivious to her son hanging behind the door.