InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Beware of Angry Uncles ❯ Memories Arise ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: *sets up a trap using a doggy bone for bait* hehe can't keep him locked up forever.

Warning: Another sad chapter. But it will answer some of your questions.

Ok for some unknown reason Italics do not show up. So thought are going to have ~'s before and after them.

~-~-~-~-~+~-~-~-~-~

~Beware of Angry Uncles~

A figure lay sprawled on the ground with a red handprint across his face. (A/n: can you guess who it is yet? ^.^;;)

A fuming Sango stood over the unconscious form. Her face crimson red.

~How DARE he? Who the hell does this guy think he is?~

She looked on in shock as he quickly rose and grabbed her hand. "Fair maiden I am sorry to cause you distress." He sent her a disarming smile and stepped closer. "And what pray tell is your name?"

"Sa. . Sango." Confused by his sudden change in behavior she could only stare.

"A beautiful name for a stunning woman." He lifted her hand and placed a kiss right above her wrist. "My name is Miroku."

Her face, which had just returned to its normal color, changed to beat red.

Kagome watched their exchange from across the room. A giggle escaped as she watched her friends' dilemma. Sango cast Kagome a pleading look while Miroku continued to chatter still holding her hand in a firm grip.

She watched as Sango tried unsuccessfully to free her trapped hand. Kagome watched with concern as Miroku led Sango towards the door saying she needed some `fresh air'.

She rose from her seat on the couch and started to follow her friend when a hand stopped her.

"She'll be fine. Except for the constant groping; he's harmless." A frown marred his brow.

~Damnit! Why do I care if she is worried?~

An image flashed through his mind of the look of terror and panic written all over her face. He growled in frustration.

~Why does she have this effect on me?~

Kagome took a step towards Inu and placed a hand on his cheek.

Every muscle in his body tensed.

Kagome looked into his eyes trying to see what he was feeling. However, his face remained expressionless. She took a step back and blushed.

As soon as Kagome moved away Inu turned and walked out the front door. A hint of pink tinted his cheeks as he slammed the door and ran into the woods.

~Why did I just do that? What is wrong with me? I mean the guy growls and I immediately try to comfort him. I just met him. So why do I feel so connected to him?~

She thought of Shippo and Inu.

~They seem nothing like the demons everyone told me about. . .~

~-~-~-~-~FLASHBACK~-~-~-~-~


Kagome tossed a brightly colored ball to the little girl sitting across from her. Sango's reflexes were quicker than a girl her age should be.

Kagome's grandpa stood by the shrine. He stopped sweeping to watch the two little girls.

~I cannot believe they are already 7 years old. Soon she will be driving and dating boys.~

His brows drew together as he thought of his little girl dating.

~Thankfully, I do not have to worry about that for a while.~

He turned his attention back to the job at hand. Not a leaf was safe on his watch.

"Sango your mother just called. She said it's time for you to come home and eat dinner." Kagome's mother appeared in the doorway.

A sad expression crossed Kagome's face. She hated it when Sango had to leave. She wished she could live with her then they would never be apart. She sent pleading eyes towards her mother. "Can I please walk her home?"

The look on her face was irresistible. "Ok but don't take to long. Dinner is almost ready."

The two girls turned and raced off. They slowed their pace as they neared Sango's house.

"Do you wanna go with me and grandpa to get ice cream tomorrow?" The thought of spending her day with her two favorite people thrilled Kagome.

Sango grinned. "I'll ask my mom. Just wait here a second." She said as they reached her house and she ran inside. She came running out five minutes later. "Kag she said I can go!"

"I can't wait till tomorrow." She smiled, "I've got to go. Mommy is waiting."

"Bye!" Sango shouted at Kagome's retreating back. She watched her wave over her shoulder then she turned and went inside.

She ran as fast as she could.

~I hope mommy does not get mad . . . I am not that late. What if she won't let me go to the ice cream place with grandpa?~

She ran as fast as her little legs could carry her. She decided to take the short cut through the woods. When she was almost at the edge of the forest, she tripped over something. She sat up and started to rub her stinging elbow.

"Owie. What was that? I don't remember anything being. . ." She turned around to see her grandpa lying on the ground. She tried shaking him, but he didn't wake up. She looked down at her hands to see blood all over them. She fell backwards and stared horror-struck at her grandpa.

Evil laughter filled the air. "Ah . . . fresh meat. They always taste better when they are still tender." He raised a clawed hand and licked the warm blood that was dripping from them off.

She stared wide eyed at this monster that hurt her grandpa. The creature took a step towards her. She got up and tried to run away only to have pain shoot down her back. She screamed out in agony and fell to the ground.

The creature walked up to her and ran a claw lightly down her throat drawing blood. "I wonder . . . should I kill you swiftly or slowly like the old man?"

Tears streamed down her face. She tried to turn her head to look up at this . . . creature. To get a clear look at whom it was who would end her life. Who it was that had ended her grandpa's. But as she moved her head everything suddenly became dark. She closed her eyes and tried to will the pain away.

Then, when she thought her life was over, she heard that . . . that thing scream out in anguish. She felt herself being lifted off the ground. She had to try to open her eyes several times before they would listen to her. Everything was blurred . . . except for a pair of the most intriguing golden eyes. . .

The next thing she knew, she was in the hospital with her mother sitting next to her bed. Her mother's eyes were filled with tears, but Kagome remembered, she never let go of her hand even while she slept.

~-~-~-~-~END FLASHBACK~-~-~-~-~

Kagome sat on the floor hugging her knees. She remembered her mother saying how it was a youkai that killed her grandpa and almost killed her. Then over the years, she heard stories about how so-and-so was killed, or became a slave. Everyone told her that all youkai were killers.

She turned around and looked at the little kitsune sleeping on the chair and she just could not believe it. He looked so sweet, and he was so loving.

Then there was Inuyasha himself. He may act stubborn, uncaring, and even scary at times. Then you see him with Shippo or when he thinks no one is looking. *sigh*

~-~-~-~-~FLASHBACK~-~-~-~-~

Kagome slowly came to. She let out a groan as her hands started to throb.

Inuyasha silently rose from his seat and went into the kitchen. He returned shortly after carrying a glass of water and some aspirin. "Take these." He shoved the glass of water into her hands and handed her the pills. (A/n: sorry I thought it was cute so I had to put it back in here. Inu trying to act like it's nothing matters when he acts sweet ^.^)

~-~-~-~-~END FLASHBACK~-~-~-~-~

She sighed and just sat there for another moment.

~If only he wasn't so stubborn maybe we could. . .~

Blushes at where her thoughts where heading she got up and walked over to the couch and laid down.

~I'll just close my eyes for five minutes. . . just five minutes. . . ~(A/n: yeah that's what they all say)

The smell of salty tears reached his sensitive nose. He immediately turned around and started to make his way back to the house then stopped. "Feh what do I can if the wench is crying."

But you're the one who made her cry. (A/:n grrr the evil voice inside us all the points out our faults -.-)

He purposefully turned back around and walked deeper into the forest.

Inu continued walking unaware of the shadowed figured watching him from above.

~Soon Inuyasha you will get what you disserve. You and your little bitch.~

~-~-~-~-~+~-~-~-~-~

A/n: Sorry for not updating in a while ^.^;; I've been very busy. I was going to make this chappie longer but my mom is yelling at me to get off the computer and I want to post this tonight.

Anywho, Thankx for all the reviews!!! Who would have thought I would have gotten that many? I'm still in shock.

Who is it that wants to hurt Inuyasha? What will happen? What were Miroku and Sango doing all this time? Where are Kagome's mom and brother?

Muahahaha The answers are all inside my head. If you can make it though the maze you get a piece of cheese . . . now where did that come from? Oh well. ^.^ you all know what to do! Review!! I wont put a limit on the number of reviews as long as you keep reviewing. ^.^