InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Beyond Help ❯ disturbances ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Beyond Help.

BY: Swtxlilazngrl

Chapter 2

Disturbance

Disclaimer: Not fair. I don't own Inuyasha; **sniffs**

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~* </ p>

After the morning meal today, the two of them left after kagome placed spells on her home. They were almost there because she can see the God tree up ahead. (I think that's what the tree is also called.) She woke up today feeling disturbed because of her dreams or nightmare considering, but what she senced when she reached the tree was beyond disturbing. She wasn't sure she should be happy or terrified that SHE was gone. (when I continue to explain some things, ALL KIKYOU LOVERS BEWARE; ALL KIKYOU HATERS… well I think you like it but will also be disturbed. either way it's a one-one situation so uh… just deal.) the old or young miko ^depending on how you look at it^ that was imprisoned on the tree was gone. It could only mean one thing. He was back and he set her free or…another half breed saved her. It wouldn't matter to her. It all leads back to trouble that came to her. She had to give the herb to Kaede-baba soon. She was surprised that there were no attacks yet.

When they reached the village, they went immediately to Kaede-baba's hut. The old miko had been Kagome's friend for years and accepted her differences. "Kaede-baba, we brought you the plant." Shippou said as they went into the hut.

"Shippou, didn't I tell you it's a herb?" Kagome asked.

"Yeah, but stillllll, it's still a plant." He replied reluctantly only to receive a sigh from Kagome.

"Hello young Shippou, good day Kagome, I thank you for coming to my village at such short notice. You must understand that the herb only grew near your home." Old Kaede-baba said while tending to an unconscious patient.

"any thing for you Kaede-baba. You were always at my aid as I am to yours. I have a question to ask you hoping for an answer." Kagome said while Shippou went outside to find some other kids he befriended a while back.

"Of course, please ask and I will give you a true answer best of my ability." Kaede-baba said while getting tea set up and leading kagome to a seat.

"I uhm… I was wondering that are you aware of you sisters where abouts?" Kagome asked reluctantly.

The old miko suddenly became alarmed." What are you talking about, she was trapped in the god tree 50 years ago by Naraku. If my old memories are correct, he fell into an unrequited love to her, and because the love was not returned, he cursed her to be imprisoned in the tree until he or another half demon freed her who truly loved her more or just like him. (any one think they know who that half demon is????? It's a dead give away. Get it dead give away. Dead, you know? Ah forget it.)He tricked her into using her own arrow to trap herself. He of course also wanted the shikon no tama but after she was trapped, well more like dead since it was 50 years already, the jewel disappeared. Obviously it found itself another guardian who turned out to be Midoriko then you. Oh my, im rambling. But please explain."

"Kikyou is not trapped anymore because I couldn't sense her presence. And yes you are right, the jewel is the main subject here because if Naraku freed her, than I am in trouble. As a miko, she like I, can sense the jewel and she and him will hunt me down. But if another Half demon freed her, it would be just the same." Kagome said as silence spread;

"how do you know that Kikyou will try to take back the jewel, I mean it doesn't belong to her and… but.." Kaede-baba sighed with sorrow that her considered dead sister was running around. After all, had it been a demon who had been imprisoned on the tree, they would of lived, but since Kikyou was human, she is already dead and only a body was stuck to it.

"she will try to take it back because her mind is always and formost protecting the shikon no tama. Every miko who is the guardian of the jewel has a job to protect it and to find the jewel's KEEPER. Thus our minds are always thinking that the jewel is ours until we die. In which she did and now it belongs to me till I die or I find its keeper. Once the keeper of the jewel is found, the keeper will be immortal to protect it forever. But a keeper is born every five century until a keeper finds it and gets hold of it. But until the keeper has it, the shikon no tama goes from guardian to guardian, which is why all guardians are mikos to protect it. Let us hope that the half demon who saved her has no intentions of taking the jewel. A miko and a bunch of demons is enough, I don't need another one to the group." Kagome continued. "I will not bother you no longer, I will go, I do not want her to break my barriers and intrude in my home. She will be looking for me and will probably try to kill me. I will leave now."

"you can t leave now, what if you encounter a demon. Or worse yet, my sister." Kaede-baba stated

"I know but if I leave now, I will reach my home but dawn. Good evening Kaede-baba. I will see you soon." Kagome said while leaving the old woman and the hut. She had always liked Kaede-baba, because she reminded her of her grand mother.

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_ *_*_*_*

`I still cant believe I let them come, why did I', Sesshoumaru thought, `oh yeah, of course, Rin's smile and nearly shed tears can always get me to do things.' He was on a trip to destroy a demon who was stupid enough to enter his territory and cause trouble. He hated doing this but he had to kill to keep up his reputation. He had no family left that is if you didn't count Rin but she was family his only family, that is until he found his mate. He sighed remembering he had never been able to find her for the past decade.

When he reached the edge of his territory, it had already been morning when he remembered that not far away was Inuyasha's forest. How could he forget. Inuyasha, his pathetic brother, his other family if that's what you call it, the half demon that was only spared land because his father had wished it. also the bastard that had the Tetsusaiga, he didn't even know how to wield its true powers. Especially when he was stuck to a stupid pathetic healing sword that cant do anything.

He searched his territory for the specific demon, but he also sensed a miko and a kitsune. Oddly enough, he also smelled something familiar but couldn't distinguish it. he ingnored it and searched for the snake demon that was annoying. Within seconds, he sensed and smelled it coming fast at him. "Jaken, Rin, leave NOW! Protect her or I'll have you head for it." Sesshoumaru yelled as the two of them left the scene immediately. Although Sesshoumaru would never kill Jaken even if his life counted on it, he wasn't about to admit that to anyone, regarding his reputation.

Sesshoumaru waited for the exact moment before jumping up to avoid the snake. And the fight began.

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^**^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^ *^*^*^*^*^*^*

When Kagome reached her home she felt three demons somewhere near her home and decided to investigate. She undid her barriers long enough to get Shippou in and in bed [{a figure of speech but really it's a futon, I think, I'm sure you guys are already used to my *I thinks* now, right cuz I do use a lot of them :p <(*@*)> }]. She told him, " Shippou, I sense some demons, I will go and check it out. Alright? I will be back as soon as I can, okay? Go to bed and do not wake up and Leave this place, promise?" which received a sleepy nod and snoring.

She felt around for her bows and arrows and made a quick scan to figure the whereabouts of the three demons sensed. She immediately went in their direction and sensed a demon and heard a little girl crying. She stopped and continued listening for the right moment to intervene. The demon did not sense her for she hid herself behind a tree and lowered her aura.

"let me go, I want to go." The little girl wailed and seemed to be trying to get away.

"stupid little brat, you cant go, he'll have my head if I let you go. Not that I care what happens to you but you cant go. Stupid human brat." The demon yelled while holding the little girl.

Kagome thought that she better do something because 1) she cant let the girl stay with the demon 2) She cant stand crying kids. So she expanded her aura so that he can sense her, then she aimed her bow and arrow at him and said. "Let her go" She then walked closer.

They stared at her in shock in which the demon realized what had happened and snarled, "another stupid human, what do you want, miko?"

The little girl begged, "Help me, Please help me, he won't let me go. I need to go."

Kagome thought that she would need her arrows with the other two stronger demons so instead she decided to better knock him out. She raised her hand and focused her energy to the palm of her hand. She then blasted the energy at the demon and knocked him out.

The little girl stared at Kagome for a moment then stared at the demon on the floor only to crouch down next to him and poked him. "Jaken, Jaken, are you okay?" She said without a response from him.

"He is fine, I haven't killed him…yet. Are you okay, little one. Are you injured in any way. Do you know him?" Kagome asked wondering why the little girl would sound slightly worried.

"He's fine, that's good, at least Sesshie-sama wont be mad at Rin, Rin is fine, can…" the girl named Rin hesitated.

"is something the matter?" Kagome asked.

"Can you help me save Sesshie-sama? Rin is worried." Rin said with tears threatening to fall in her eyes.

Kagome wondered who this Sesshie-sama is but said. "If that will make you feel better, yes. But where is this Sesshie-sama?" the little girl pointed in the direction of the demons she had sensed and became worried that this Sesshie-sama might be in danger, especially with two demons in the area. Of course she didn't see the girl's finger pointing but sensed it.

============================================================= ==

Sesshoumaru sensed Jaken's aura decreasing only to mean that he's unconscious. He also sensed the power of a miko, and smelled her with Rin. Perhaps that's a good thing. Perhaps it is a bad thing. But either way, Rin is coming nearer with the miko. Smelling Rin's scent, Sesshoumaru became distracted and hadn't avoided the attack in time. He is now bitten by the snake demon on the arm in which caused its poison to run in his veins. At that moment, he held his arm but was attacked again. The snack demon wrapped its long scaly body around Sesshoumaru and squeezed until Sesshoumaru had a hard time breathing.

At that unfortunate moment, Rin had to appear with the miko. Two thoughts came to him at that moment. The miko reminded him of… Kagome. Rin was in danger.

It also didn't help that the miko at that moment, raised her arrow with her bow and aimed at him and the snake demon. We both stared at her for we both sensed her before she came. Rin, however, stared at him with worried eyes and wanted to move forward but was afraid. He knew Rin wasn't afraid for herself but was afraid for Sesshoumaru. The miko yelled a soft breezy voice, "DO NOT MOVE. OR I WILL SHOOT. ONE MOVEMENT AND I'LL SHOOT." Sesshoumaru still had a hard time breathing but remained just as calm while noticing that she faced them with her eyes also facing them but she seemed to stare elsewhere.

The stupid snake demon hissed. "Do you think that, that arrow could kill me. My scales are strong enough to penetrate it, and if not, my body fluid contains poison as does my blood. The arrow will dissolve before it reaches deep enough into my body to harm me." He said while continuing to cause pain to the calm Sesshoumaru.

The miko remained calm with her face blank and unreadable. "my arrows are mixed with my power and blood. By blood, unlike others, immediately breaks down demon blood causing either one of you excruciating pain. My arrows can go right through your body to the point where you cant even bleed a drop of blood. Also, it also contains a poison that; first, breaks down all other poison; second, depending on which arrow, can kill you before you feel pain or can kill you painfully within the next five minutes or perhaps even up to days of pain. Are you feeling lucky. Consider yourself already lucky that you haven't moved yet, because, I guess you can say, first one to move is the first to die. Oh, yes, I forgot to mention, I can shoot this arrow through your heart before you can blink an eye. Please continue and I'll show you a demonstration of my ability."

The snake demon presumably chose to ignore her words and tried to wrap its body tighter around Sesshoumaru. But unfortunately for the snake demon, it hadn't even moved a millimeter before an arrow went strait through its heart. The demon fell down immediately and died. The miko said to particularly to no one. "I guess you were lucky, but then again, the agony shouldn't be something a little girl should see."

The moment Rin realized the snake demon died, she ran over to him and wrapped her little chubby arms around his hip, even though he's already down laying on the ground, unconscious. "Sesshie-sama, wake up, you're scaring Rin. SESSHIE-SAMA!" She cried and wept, causing Kagome to gasp in surprise.

_____________________________________________________________ ___________

sorry guys, that's about it.

Pleaz Review and comment.

SwtxLilAznGrl