InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Birth Marks ❯ The Lost Chapter ( Chapter 43 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Marks 43: The Lost Chapter
 
I am so, so sorry that this is so, so, so late… it's not my fault! I asked one of my friends if she would like to write a lemon for this fic (a gift for everyone 18+ and some of my other friends)… problem is, she didn't have complete access to a computer and hadn't actually read my story before… This was back in what, November? Well, she gave the lovely lemon to me the other day, after reading this entire online novel and it is so good it almost makes up for some of you asking if I was dead and threatening for me to update… (More on that possibly later…) Now that I have her lemon to work with, I promise that I will get out at least the next few chapters relatively quickly, since they have been stewing on the back burner for so long.
 
Oh, and I still don't own Inuyasha… but I've finally read all of the current chapters!
 
(O)
 
Last time: Waiting until Kaede and Shippou left, Inuyasha scooped up Kagome and headed out the door. “I promise, I'm not going to leave you, even if it takes 500 years for me to get you back.” Inuyasha kissed Kagome's forehead, sealing his promise forever in his mind.
 
This time: Inuyasha continued to hold her in his arms, as they got farther and farther from the village. The sun was beginning to set, only just casting its rays at an angle to illuminate the leaves on the trees. The earth smelled fertile green and lush brown, and the gentle scent of her intended surrounded her in comfort. Kagome drank it all in, holding it to her memory. It had been so long since things were peaceful, she felt like she just had to keep this one moment. What if it was the last time before...

"Inuyasha..." She breathed, nuzzling close to his chest. He stopped and looked down at her, almost surprised. Very carefully he set her down, his hands at her waist still keeping their bodies close. He was so warm.

"Kagome? Are you alright?" She looked up at him, a soft smile on her lips. His eyes were so bright, just now. The fading light was making his hair absolutely glow. She couldn't help herself, she just had to touch it. Like silk in her fingers... "Kagome..." The hanyou was cut off by a clawed finger.

"I love you." She whispered. Something moved behind his eyes, something soft but harsh, gentle but possessive. Something that drew her closer, until her lips touched his. A sweet kiss.

The simple gesture set loose something latent in their blood. A whisper, but insistent, and her lips parted in time with his. Their kiss deepened, and his arms wrapped tighter around her. Her body was so soft, so supple, he wanted to be so much closer...

"Kagome..." He half whispered, half whimpered.

"Don't... I'm not running anymore." Her voice was thick and husky, making the hair on the back of his neck stand up. But despite the goosebumps raising on his arms, he held himself in check. Just to make sure...

But her eyes were shining, and Kagome's claws had already entangled themselves in his hair. The fierce submission flashed in her eyes, and the demon in Inuyasha answered the body language of his mate. They locked again in a fierce, passionate kiss, fighting for dominance.

As suddenly as the heat rose between the two of them, Kagome bit Inuyasha's neck hard and backed away. Are you worthy to be the mate of a wild creature like me? She snarled, a challenge. The sharp grin of the hanyou matched the smile in his heart. His love was strong, his beautiful mate... it made him proud.

You shall see who is worthy. Submit, my mate. It is your place. He lunged forward, grabbing her wrist as she reached forward to slash at his throat. At the same time, his other arm caressed her throat. She closed her eyes a moment, then remembered herself.

Not in time; he pressed her up against the nearest tree, hands past her to rest against the bark, so close she could feel his heartbeat. Her breath caught at the intense stare in those eyes, unknowing that her own matched them. Their mouths met again, and Inuyasha felt her will bend to his.

"I love you..."

Inuyasha's hands held her face as he said those words. Kagome almost cried, it felt like her chest was so tight her heart would burst. Nothing she could say would ever relate this feeling. She wanted to belong to him and him alone, wanted him to feel the same.

He heard her thoughts as warmth and desire, and saw it in her eyes. Slowly his fingers slid down her cheeks, gliding down her throat, to slip underneath her collar. She gasped softly at the touch that sent shivers through her body. Everything turned sensitive, from her hearing to all the smells to the proximity of his body to hers...

(Sorry, 18+ section removed. See end note.)

She clung to him, their bodies covered in sweat and warm earth. He held her trembling body close. His love, his mate. "I love you, Kagome. I love you, my mate."

"I love you, Inuyasha."
(O)
 
Kagome opened her eyes softly, not able to help the musical giggle that came from her lips. Nipping Inuyasha on the jaw, Kagome rolled over and looked beyond her mate for a moment. Floating beyond them was a haze of pink mist, surrounding them in muted pastel, lit by the sun dipping beyond the horizon. “Mmm… what?” Inuyasha barely cracked an eyelid before planting a soft kiss on Kagome's smiling lips.
 
Pulling back enough to look at Inuyasha's tanned face, Kagome couldn't help but look down at her mate. Smiling, she nipped his lip and propped herself up on her elbows. “oh, I was just wondering when I put my barrier up…”
 
“Wha…” looking around reluctantly, Inuyasha snorted at the pink mist and pulled Kagome back down into his arms. “Pink?” Kagome attempted a shrug, but her excuse was cut off by another series of sweet kisses, trailing from her lips to her jaw. One hand reached up and caressed her ears, her moan of pleasure turning into a playful growl.
 
Two can play at that game, Kagome thought as she reached up and started tweaking both of Inuyasha's ears. “Want it neon yellow next time?” eyes falling to half-mast, Inuyasha tried to give her a dry look as he flipped so that she was on the forest floor. The leaves from last fall contrasting with her skin beautifully.
 
“No, why did you put up a barrier this time…”
 
“Would you want Shippou or another one of the villagers to see us like this?” propping himself up, Inuyasha took a look around and took a sniff of the air. They hadn't gotten as far from the village as he had thought…
 
Sighing, Inuyasha fell bonelessly beside Kagome, his arm around her torso. “How long can you hold this up?” He murmured, giving her junction a small lick.
 
Shuddering, Kagome ran her claws down Inuyasha's back, lightly scraping his spine. “A few hours easy, wh…” her sentence was cut off by Inuyasha's lips on hers and his hand running up and down her side, circling at the scar on her hip. Squirming to get away from his hand, Kagome's squeal was cut off by Inuyasha's smirking lips.
 
Pulling back, Inuyasha smirked down at Kagome, letting her catch her breath, “Soundproof?” Barely nodding once, Inuyasha shifted to one hand and used the other to run the back of his claw down her side, wrenching a high-pitched squeal from her throat as she tried to push the ticklish hand away. Using his other hand, Inuyasha pinned both of her hands above her head and out of the way. Placing his tickling hand under her breasts, he pinned her down lightly enough that she could break away if she really wanted.
 
“No, no, no, no, Aah!” Inuyasha swooped down and licked under where her human ear would be, earning a shudder from his mate. “Inu-Inuyasha,” her eyes squeezed shut, trying to hide that that spot felt really good. “Sh-shouldn't we be getting back?” Inuyasha took the hand pinning her body down and tipped her face toward him, kissing her silent.
 
Shaking his head, Inuyasha looked at Kagome curiously, looking much like an overgrown puppy, “why?”
 
“Shi—“
 
“Kaede's taking care of Shippou,” Inuyasha cut her off between kisses, “and everyone else is heading to their village before heading to Mushin…” At the mention of Miroku's foster father, Kagome turned away to try to hide her upset. “What's wrong?” After a few more butterfly kisses trailing her collarbone and no reaction, Inuyasha sat up, bringing Kagome into his arms.
 
“Miroku and Sango's wedding…”
 
“We're going to meet them at the temple. Sango wanted to ask you for help… Something about her kimono or something like that…” nodding, Kagome squirmed out of Inuyasha grasp and crawled over to pick up her clothes. Catching her wrist, Inuyasha held her close, “Where are you going?” His free hand trailed down her side, tugging her hand that subconsciously came up to cover her nudity.
 
“We should be getting back, it's getting dark…”
 
“Afraid?” Smirking, Inuyasha brought her face up to his and smirked, revealing one of his fangs as the last rays of sunlight glinted off his slit pupils. “You forget, this is my forest. We are the demons here.” Kissing her, Inuyasha stooped to gather his fallen robes, bundling them up instead of putting them on. Doing the same with Kagome's, but with slightly more care, he gave the two outfits to Kagome to hold before scooping her up in his arms and leaping off the opposite direction of the village. Gaping like a fish, Kagome couldn't decide what to say and settled for a blush and looking to where Inuyasha was heading.
 
The forest became gradually denser, hiding the clearing that he jumped into, landing beside a small pond. Sniffing around a few seconds, Inuyasha nodded his head and let Kagome down. “Wh…” Inuyasha turned to Kagome and tapped his nose.
 
“Shippou,” Turning back to the pond, Inuyasha gestured Kagome to put down their clothes and led her to the edge. Stepping in carefully, she found that the bottom was shallow stone worn smooth by the creek that fed warm water into the natural basin. “I found this back before Kikyo…” Inuyasha slipped into a hole that was big enough for both to spread out comfortably and deep enough that they couldn't touch the bottom with their feet. Dipping under, Inuyasha brought up a handful of smooth gravel that had been there a long time. “One of the hot springs that the humans use feeds into this pond. It's not as hot, but it's good enough.”
 
Kagome slid into the pond also, bobbing down a few feet and still not touching the bottom, she felt the slight swirling motion at the bottom and decided to come back up. Turning to prop her arms on the edge, she looked at Inuyasha's hopeful expression. “This is… Nice.” She murmured, setting her chin on her arms and letting her body float. Swimming over, Inuyasha held the handful of smooth gravel and touched her back gently, startling her out of the trance she had fallen into. “Wha—ohh…”
 
Rubbing her back, Inuyasha scrubbed it gently with the stones he had gathered before dropping them to work out her kinks more thoroughly. Starting at her shoulders, his movements went downward slowly, working her into putty in his hands. Her trance was so deep that she didn't notice when he moved away to quickly scrub himself with a new handful of gravel. Glowing red from his hurried cleaning, Inuyasha came back up and propped himself up on the edge next to where Kagome floated, waiting until she noticed he wasn't in the pit anymore.
 
“Mmm?” Looking up at Inuyasha curiously, he gestured for her to come up also. As she did so, he continued her massage on one arm then the other, first scrubbing gently with gravel he had brought up. Slipping back into the pond, Inuyasha tugged gently on one leg, then the other, working from her foot up, stopping hesitantly above the knee, trailing his hand gently up to her waist. “I'll finish up.” Nodding, Inuyasha moved out of the way as Kagome dove for her own fistful of gravel to finish scrubbing.
 
S they got out of the pool, Inuyasha couldn't resist shaking himself dry. Looking over, he blushed at the dry look that Kagome shot him, wringing out her hair in a much more human-like way. “Sorry?” All he got in response was Kagome's rolled eyes and her flipping her hair over to shake out the rest of the water with her hands. “Here,” Inuyasha tossed his Haori at Kagome and felt some wet spots on the surprisingly soft fabric, “dry off with that.” Kagome looked at him questionably, but he was already tying his hakama back on, turned away to give her some semblance of privacy. Shrugging, Kagome fluffed her hair and proceeded to pat-dry her body gently… she was still sore, but she was glad for her hanyou healing.
 
“Ready?” Was the only warning she got as she finished securing her undershirt under her obi. Inuyasha picked her up and sprang into the forest, back to the village.
 
“I can run myself, you know,” Kagome huffed, crossing her arms.
 
“I know,” Inuyasha grinned, tracing small circles with his thumb.
 
“Then let me down.” Shaking his head, Inuyasha leapt higher into the next tree, continuing to move toward the village.
 
“…Where's your haori?” Inuyasha asked, not looking at Kagome, missing the slight guilty expression that crossed her face. The touched down at the edge of the village, Inuyasha walking at an unhurried pace to Kaede's hut. Fidgeting with Inuyasha's moist haori, Kagome didn't dare look at Inuyasha in the eye.
 
“I left it with Momma…” She murmured. If Inuyasha hadn't had his advanced hearing, he wouldn't have heard her. Nodding, Inuyasha kept walking, watching the few villagers that were up before the sun as they went along with their pre-dawn chores. A wolf whistle pierced the air, along with a hoot of congratulations. Ducking her head, Kagome tried to hide the blush that rose along her cheeks, down her neck and up to her hairline…
 
Sometimes the villagers could be a little too intuitive… A girl giggled, pausing in carrying the water from the village well to her family's hut to give Kagome a knowing look. A young man, recently married himself, Kagome recalled, cheered after Inuyasha as the hanyou hunched his shoulders around Kagome.
 
Kagome was able to forget her own embarrassment, seeing Inuyasha's reaction to the positive energy of the villagers. “They could be cheering us on for defeating Naraku, they know about that by now, don't they.” She was able to suggest innocently enough, though she knew that wasn't what they were cheering the couple on about.
 
“Yeah, sure.” Leaping, Inuyasha landed a meter from Kaede's hut and put Kagome down, ducking in quietly. Shrugging with a small smile, Kagome followed quickly after, kneeling down on her sleeping bag next to a lump that she assumed was Shippou. Coming from the darkened corner next to the door, Inuyasha sat next to Kagome and pulled her into his lap, leaning against the hut wall. Closing their eyes, they would get at least a few minutes' rest before the rest of the village woke up and the rumor mill would swing into full-force. Hopefully they would be gone by then, on their way to Mushi's temple.
 
(O)
 
See, I'm not dead. The first part of the chapter my friend Raeshe (If you like Knight Hunters/ Weiß Kruez, she has a few fanfics). If you are 18+ (and/or old enough mentally), you can see the `lost chapter' lemon at http:// mediaminer. org/ fanfic/ view_ch.php/ 152986/ 533577/ (remember: remove the spaces, or the link won't work!)
 
Dark