InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Bits & Pieces ❯ Heat of the Moment ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Title: Heat of the Moment
Author: Spaceghst407
Theme: Melt
Genre: Romance
Rating: G
Word Count: 300
Summary: Sometimes it pays to get caught up in the moment...

Kagome stared wide eyed at the impassive taiyoukai across from her, hands fisted at her mouth. She hadn't meant to, but the words just flew out in the heat of the moment. Now he knew exactly how she felt for him and she still had no idea what he thought of her. Nervousness flitted in her chest as she waited for him to speak. His blank expression did nothing for her confidence.

It had taken Kagome a long time to realize the love she felt for Inuyasha was more a love of familiarity, like that for a brother or a friend, and that they would never be anything more. Without her ever realizing it, her heart had moved on. Why did she keep doing this? First a brash hanyou who could only see the death of another in her eyes, and now this, an impossible dream. Next to this beautiful and powerful man, she was plain and so very human.

After what seemed like an eternity, he stepped forward, startling her out of her reverie. He came close, causing her to look down in self consciousness. Kagome stiffened when his hand came up to cradle her cheek, but quickly melted into the heat of his fingertips. He raised her chin to look into her eyes. Some unknown emotion flickered behind his stoic gaze before he spoke. "He did not deserve you."

It was suddenly difficult to breathe. He leaned forward, his lips brushing the tender skin beneath her ear. "You shall never have cause to doubt how much you mean to this Sesshoumaru."

Tears pricked at the corners of her eyes, and she was undone when he stepped back and opened his arms to her. She fell into his embrace with a sob. This is where she belonged.

A/N: Originally written for Dokuga's Weekly Perfection contest. Prompt - Melt
Converting /tmp/phptWbNWS to /dev/stdout