InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Bits & Pieces ❯ You Know What They Say About Assumptions ( Chapter 16 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Title: You Know What They Say About Assumptions
Author: Spaceghst407
Theme: Dust
Genre: General
Rating: T
Warnings: Mild language and slight OOC Kagome
Word Count: 300
Summary: CU. Kagome faces the consequences of being careless.

She had assured Sesshoumaru that she could manage sitting on her butt in a field and watch Rin for a few hours. He had mentioned her affinity for trouble, but after an impressive tantrum on her part, he had left to do whatever it was he had to do.

As Kagome sailed through the air, she couldn't help wondering, "Did he always have to be right?" She hit the ground hard, her body kicking up dust.

"Dammit," she muttered, spitting blood onto the dirt. She cursed herself for being so careless. She had assumed Sesshoumaru's aura would clear the area. She hadn't sensed the danger till it was punching her in the face. The bastard was fast.

Rin, bless her heart, knew what to do. After her initial squeak, she took off to hide. The youkai tracked her movements, edging towards the girl.

"Oh no you don't," Kagome growled, picking up a rock. It bounced harmlessly off it's head, but it worked. It was now barreling towards her.

Kagome glanced towards her pack, her bow practically taunting her. Dodging the first strike, she dashed for her weapon. As her fingers brushed wood, she felt a burning pain in her back. The force of the blow stole the breath from her lungs. She fell, bringing the bow up and firing it its direction. At such close range it didn't take much.

Kagome laid on the ground, watching the after effects of her purity sparkle in the wind. At least Rin was alright, though her tears soaked the front of her robes. He'd never let her live this down.

Her vision blurred, but a flash of silver caught her eye. His face swam into focus, some emotion flashing behind his eyes. Concern? Regret? Pain? That couldn't be right...

Sesshoumaru...doesn't...

A/N: Originally written for Dokuga's Weekly Perfection contest. Also, one of my drabbles, Temptation, was nominated for a Dokuga Award! Thank you so much to whoever nominated me! Voting starts on Friday. You should check out the list, there are a lot of really good reads on there ^_^
Converting /tmp/phpjbsJqF to /dev/stdout