InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Blind Stitch My Heart ❯ Common Sense on Hiatus ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Blind Stitch my Heart
11- "Common Sense on Hiatus"


Written by: profiler120 PG-13 (rating is probably higher than necessary) profiler120@hotmail.com
I do not own Inu Yasha.

(. . .) - Denotes p.o.v. change within the same scene.
Notes: Long absence, yes, yes. My apologies, been busy.
you to the people who pre-read this chapter, or what I had previously written. Fortunately, or not, I rewrote the entire thing but it does follow the old chapter a little.


"You can't just leave him the way he is! The Shikon no tama is dangerous, why do you think it's so important for me to guard it!?"
"Go." He quietly ordered. "Rin is waiting for you."
"But what about-"
"Go," he urged again, this time more forcefully.
"I can't just-"
He stepped forward menacingly reaching down and turning her chin and gaze up to him. "Are you disobeying me?"
She shrunk back away from his touch and quieted, and she accordingly withdrew. She walked back to Rin's room distracted and worried. Why wouldn't he let her stay? She needed to be there. She settled herself to obeying his orders even though it caused her heart to sink.
She found Rin in a dreadful condition and immediately felt guilty about not wanting to go to her. The little girl had a fever and was in a great amount of discomfort. Rin clutched to her as Kagome read her stories, fed her soup, and kept her generally entertained. It was natural for her not to want to be alone now and Kagome understood.
Having someone there for you, at your bedside, especially at such an age was a great comfort. It would undoubtedly make her feel loved and Rin needed that.
The hours ticked away and Kagome found herself bound to staying. She'd left Rin only once or twice and she hadn't had the time to go looking for Sesshoumaru. Now, several hours later, the girl was finally sleeping soundly enough for her to sneak away.
She stepped out into the hall soundlessly and peered around. It wasn't so late, where was everyone? She found Sango in the kitchen packing.
"W-what's going on?"
"The master gave us orders about four hours ago to start packing everything up for storage. He's going back to his other house."
"What? Why would you pack up the house?"
"He's dismissed us."
Kagome stared in astonishment. Just like that? A snap of his fingers and everyone was fired? Harsh!
"Dismissed you? Just like that? He's abandoning the place? Where is he?"
Did he think she was going to let that one slip by? He was in for an earful once she got a hold of him.
"Gone," Sango replied. "He gave us our orders and he got on his horse and left. He said he wouldn't be back."
Kagome held back a choking gasp. What about Rin? What about her?
"I'll how can I help?"
"Um, actually Jaken wants to see you. Sesshoumaru left him to see over everything and to make sure Rin was sent off to her new governess."
Kagome nodded numbly and headed off to find the little servant. She couldn't imagine why he wanted to see her. Probably to tell her she was fired and she could go home. Somehow it all made her feel worse. Everything up to this point meant nothing? His telling her mother she belonged him and all their time together?
She almost walked right past Jaken when he called her back. In his little hand was a letter with her name on front. He held it out to her and then hobbled off to finish the rest of his duties without a word. She stared down at it plopping down onto the floor. Why was she so reluctant to see what it said? Why had he rushed off like that?
She numbly unfolded the sealed paper and looked down at it hesitantly.

"Kagome -