InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Bloody Skidmarks ❯ Chapter one ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha or anyone else in this fiction. go pouts in a corner, It's not fair, why can't I own him?

Ok hello everyone! My 4th? Fic. I'm so happy. I finally got it done. Ok it's in Kagome's eyes (1st person) She (to me) seems a bit out character. But this is my fic so live with it. She'll develop more character later on, I hope. Well anyways I hope you like it.

Bloody SkidMarks

Midnight Blood

Chapter 1 Leaving forever

~*--*~

Maybe I should put this simply for the people who just don't comprehend things to easily. Life is a cruel thing, you know like mean, harsh. Any ways maybe I'm just being a bit to…oh what's the word…to harsh to people. Well that's what you are to me. So what do you expect, I mean really, how do you expect me to be grateful to you if you can't even look at me with out cringing. Again, expect what you give, and if you don't like it tough for you. My life is mine so don't compare me with yourself.

Name: Higurashi, Kagome

Age: 16

Occupation: Don't have a job yet.

School: Katichi High

"Hey Ayumi." I yelled down the hall seeing my friend.

She turned around and waved a hand at me. "Hey, what you doing tonight?" She asked.

"Nothing much," I sort of lied. I can't tell anyone the full truth about anything, how can I? How can I trust anyone, even someone who I've known for my whole life? My life is trapped in a cage of fear…fear that no one will accept me for who I really am. Fear that I'll be lost in the world as just another body in a rush to get somewhere, anywhere just as long as it's away from here.

"So do you want to come over to my house tonight? I'm having some other people come too. What do you think? Can you come?" She seemed so happy. How could she be so happy? So light hearted, as if nothing in the world mattered except what's going on right now.

"Sorry, but I can't." I looked down at the floor.

"Hey that's ok. I'll see you tomorrow then, ok?" I nodded and we parted ways. I sort of felt bad about not accepting the invitation but I just couldn't bring myself to be in a house with other people that I don't know or trust.

I walked down the street to my house; everything seemed so dark and hard. That is what this world is, isn't it, dark and cold and filled with hatred for everyone? But how would I know for I've never felt the warmth of love or the soft touch of hands that wouldn't hit me.

I tear streamed down my face and I quickly brushed it away. I didn't want to go back to that place, I don't know what I will do if I have to go back to that shit hole.

I silently opened the door to my house and crept up the stairs, hoping that no one heard me come in. Then I heard the voice I hated so much.

"Where the hell were you?" he yelled at me. I couldn't bare to look down at him. "Answer me damn it!" I cringed at his words. I was scared of him; I was absolutely terrified of what he might do to me, what he did to my mother.

"I was at school, where else would I be?" now I'm dead. I turned and ran up the rest of the stairs to my room and slammed to door. I learned back against it and turned the lock, I just sat there not knowing what to do.

I jumped when I heard a soft knock on my door. "Leave me alone." I said with ice in my voice.

"Kagome, can I talk to you?" It was my mother. I unlocked the door and opened it a crack to make sure it really was her. When I saw her face I opened the door wider to let her in. I shut the door behind her and turned to see what she wanted.

"What?" I asked as if I really didn't care what she had to say.

"Come sit down Kagome." She patted a spot beside her on my bed. I obediently sat next to her. What did she want? She never did this before; she just always came straightforward with whatever she had to say. I knew something was wrong.

"Kagome I need you to listen to me." I nodded and she continued. "I need you to leave. Run as far as you can from this house and all memories of it. I want you to have a life, a better life then what you would have if you stayed here. Do you understand?" I saw a tear roll down her cheek.

"Why? Why don't you want me to stay?" No matter how much I hated this place I didn't want to leave it that badly.

"Kagome just do it, do it for me. Please. I want you to live life how it's suppose to be, not like you're living it right now." I just stared at her. "Do you remember how it was when you were younger, before Naraku came?" She didn't wait for me to respond. "I want you to have a normal life, like any 16 year old. Do you understand? Now quickly pack a few things." She stood up from the bed and waited for me to get started.

I looked at her with question but didn't say anything as I started piling a few outfits onto my bed. I looked around for my backpack to pack everything in. I found it sitting by my door. I stuffed everything I needed in there.

I turned to my mother again. "Here take this." She handed me a small loaf of bread and $30. I wrapped my arms around her not wanting to let go, not wanting to leave her forever. "I love you." I whispered in her ear.

She pulled away to look at me. "I know you do. Now hurry, go out your window. It's not that long of a drop. Remember, I'll always love you." We both had tears in our eyes by now. She gave me a short hug and shoved me toward my window.

I took a last look at her, she looked so old suddenly, so sad. I jumped from the window to the ground and ran, I ran as fast my legs would go. I dared not take a last look at the house, it held to many memories, good and bad all mix into one big mess.

I started to slow down when I felt I was a safe distance away from the house. I looked around to figure out where I was; I wasn't very far from Ayumi's house. I decided to go there, see if she could give me some help.

I walked up to her door and knocked a few times. It was Ayumi who opened it. She seemed a bit surprised to see me but she brushed it off. "What are you doing here? I thought you said you couldn't come?" She didn't say it in a mean tone, she sounded sort of worried. I pulled her outside and toward a tree on the edge of her property.

"What are you doing?" She asked when I stopped.

"I need to tell you something." I told her.

"Ok." She seemed kind of confused.

"I'm leaving."

"Ok, then why did you bring me out here?" She seemed really confused.

"No, you don't understand. I'm leaving, leaving town, forever."

"What!?" She almost yelled.

"I can't stay here anymore. My mother was the one who told me to leave. She said it was for my own safety." I told her the whole story. She just stood there listening the whole time.

"Where are you going then?"

"I don't know." I really didn't, I had no idea of where I was going to go, all I knew was that I was going to leave Kyoto, forever. "I better go then." I turned to leave but she grabbed my shoulder to stop me.

"Wait right here, ok? I'll be back in a second." She ran back toward the house.

What seemed like five minutes, she came running back toward me. "I don't want you to leave, but I understand that you have to so I want you to have this." She put something in my hand. I looked at it. It was a silver chain and $20.

"I can't take this." I said handing back the things.

"Kagome, I can't do anything else for you. I also want you to leave this place, it's not where you belong. I know there is more for you somewhere else." She handed me something else and I put it in my pocket before I looked at it. She looked at me and then before I knew it she was holding me in a tight embrace. "Remember me. Good luck, and don't look back. Good-bye, I'll miss you."

I took a last look at her and ran. I still didn't know where I was going to go. I just ran not really caring where I went. Everything was just a big blur I just hoped that everything would work out for the better.

~*--*~

The sun woke me the next morning. I was lying on a park bench with my jacket the only thing keeping me barely warm. I sat up shivering wondering where I would go next. I pulled out the thing that Ayumi gave me the night before. It was $40 and a piece of paper.

I unfolded the paper and read what it said.

`Kagome Higurashi,

My friend, I'm sad that you are leaving but also happy to see you going to a better place. I hope you follow your heart to where it tells you to go. It will always lead you into the best place. Please take and use the money I gave you to get around, buy a new pair of pants, anything you want.

The necklace was given to me by my grandfather, I hope you enjoy it. As for me, just remember me and when you find a place call me.

Your friend, Ayumi

P.S. Tokyo is nice this time of year.'

I folded up the paper and put it back into my pocket. I counted all the money I had. Thirty from my mother and sixty from Ayumi, ninety in all, it would get me to someplace with a bit for food.

I took out the necklace from my other pocket and looked at it. There was a sliver of a pink gem on a silver chain. It was beautiful. I put it on and started walking down the street looking for something, anything.

There was a gas station on a corner so I went in. "Excuse me. How can I get to Tokyo from here with a small amount of money?" The clerk looked at me. She was about my height with brown hair.

"Well you can always take a bus, or you can ride with me. I'm leaving town today." She seemed sort of laid back but still like she was in charge. "My shift is done in 30 minutes, so you can just sit around here if you want."

"Thanks." I said happy to have a ride.

"Yeah, no problem. So what is you business here?" She asked she still had this attitude that drove me crazy trying to figure it out.

"I live here…but I need to get away." Somehow I felt like I could almost trust her, not much but enough to tell her a little.

She must have sensed my discomfort for she didn't say anything else on the subject. I looked around at the place, it was small and seemed kind of old.

"Oh look who that is." I looked out the window to see whom she was talking about. There was a man with black hair pulled back in a small ponytail walking toward the door to the gas station.

"Who's he?" I asked before he walked into the building.

"Miroku what do you want?" Her voice was dry.

"Is that how you greet your friend? I feel so hurt." He turned toward me and gave me the creeps. His eyes were wondering up and down my figure. "And who might this be?" he asked.

"Miroku this is…" She looked at me remembering that we hadn't said any names.

"Kagome." I said for her.

"This is Kagome. Kagome this is Miroku the largest pervert I've ever met." Miroku didn't appear fazed by the words the girl had used. He took my hand in his.

Then suddenly he was sprawled out on the ground in front of me. I looked over to see the girl red in the face with anger. "That pervert, I wish he would learn to keep his hands to himself." She looked over at me. "Oh, I'm sorry. My names Sango." I nodded.

"Is he going to be alright?" I asked a bit concerned for the man lying on the ground in front of me.

"Miroku has taken much worse beatings then that." Sango said going back to her normal self.

I said nothing to this. Everything was happening so quickly that I almost expected another person to walk through the door. "Time to go." Sango said and pulled on my arm.

"What about him." I asked nodding down to the unconscious figure.

"He'll be fine. Might even wake up in the next 2 minutes and run after us." This made Sango move faster out of the shop. When we turned the corner she let go of my arm and led the way to her car. She walked to her attitude. Smug and controlling. It bugged me that she could do that.

"Get in." She commanded when we reached a black sports car. I opened the passenger's door and crawled in. It was so low to the ground I almost felt like I was on it.

"What do you think of my `baby'?" She asked when she had gotten in the driver's seat. I looked around a bit more before I said, "It's really nice, a bit small."

She seemed happy with that answer and started the car. The smooth sound of the engine was almost soothing compared to what happened last night.

She pulled out onto the main street and turned onto the highway. We were speeding along at 70-80 miles per hour. Sango's small black car was speeding along passing every car in front of us.

"We should be to Tokyo in about 5 hours at this speed." Sango said she learned forward to turn on the radio. "Pick something to listen to." I looked at the radio for a minute before changing the channel.

It was a pop/country station. Sango looked at me with a raised eyebrow. "What kind of shit is that?" She asked, a little humor in her voice. She changed the channel and heavy metal filled the car. "I'll have to teach you some things when we get to Tokyo, that is if you want to hang out with us." She had to almost yell over the radio.

"Who is `us'?" I yelled back to her.

"You'll see." She had a grin on her face. There was a streak of red pass by the car on my side. "Why that bastard." Sango cursed. She stepped on the gas petal. We where soon level with the red car that had passed us. I looked out my window to see Miroku blow a kiss our way. I heard Sango gag then was pushed back in my seat by the force of the car accelerating.

"I knew he would catch up to us sooner or later." Sango said after she turned down the radio a bit so we could talk normally. "I hope you don't mind if we get to Tokyo a bit sooner then planned." I didn't understand what she meant by that.

Miroku was up next to us again in a matter of seconds. Sango pulled over to the side of the road and Miroku followed. She got out of the car and walked over toward Miroku who met her half way. I got out and followed them.

"What do you want?" Sango asked her casual voice back again.

I gasped when Miroku held up a wod of cash and Sango did the same. "Plus the cars." Sango said.

Miroku nodded. "Deal." He turned and walked back to his car. Sango didn't even turn to me when she said, "Run."

We both ran back to the sleek black car and got in. Sango started the engine and peeled out on to the road almost getting hit by a van from behind.

Sango muttered something as she built up speed. "What's going on?" Not like I couldn't already figure that out on my own.

"I made a deal with Miroku to race him back to Tokyo. Whoever wins gets 10,000 dollars and the loser's car." Sango said. "I'll tell you all about it when we arrive at Tokyo in the next 3 ½ hours." I blinked at the time she mentioned. Three and a half? That was 2 hours difference then what she had mention before.

"If we make it there in one piece." I said. She looked at me quickly.

"Don't you trust me?"

"Not really."

"Don't worry." I think she was trying to reassure me that she could drive but I wasn't buying it.

I watched out the window to see Miroku fall behind then catch back up to us. I would have thought it to be a game if it didn't have our lives on the line. I was going to kill Sango and Miroku later for this experience.

As we raced down the highway I saw a welcoming sign welcoming us to Nagoya. I looked at the clock; we had been on the road for an hour now.

I wanted to fall asleep but watching Miroku go ahead then behind us was amusing.

"Why are you leaving Kyoto?" Sango asked me. I looked at her, panic starting to build in me. I wanted to trust her but I couldn't bring myself to trust her so much as to tell her my history.

"I wanted to get away, see what's really out there." I lied. "What's with you and Miroku?" I asked changing the subject.

"Miroku? He's an old friend. We've known each other for sometime now. I still hate his guts." I smirked.

"Doesn't seem that way to me." I said. She looked at me with a horror look.

"What do you mean? I absolutely hate him." She became defensive.

"Really? That's not what I see." I said. This was fun. She reached her hand into a small purse in the middle of us and tossed it to me.

"Look for Miroku's number and dial it." I looked at her the grin even wider on my face. "It's not like that." She snapped.

"Whatever." I started looking through the phones' phone book. Miroku's number wasn't hard to find. I selected it and waited for him to answer.

"What do you want Sango?" Miroku said through the phone.

"It's me Kagome. Sango wanted me to call you." I could just see a perverted grin on his face in my mind when I mentioned Sango. "I think she likes you." I said bracing myself for a hit to come from Sango.

I looked over toward her, her face was beat red. "Well, I better go. Good luck." I click the button and turned my attention back on Sango and the road.

~*--*~

(So what do you think? I'm so happy I finally got the first chapter done! Please review, tell me how you like it. does a happy dance)