InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Bored With Mine Borrowed Yours ❯ Date Preparation ( Chapter 22 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha or its characters. The very talented Rumiko Takahashi owns him and the entire cast. (Except for the characters I made up.) And the rating may be wrong (It's rated for safety) but it will NOT go higher.
By: year of the snake (at fanfiction) (aka.) crescentmoon (at mediaminer)
 
 
Chapter Twenty-Two
 
After the phone call the elder of the two `twins' left her room to prowl for something fun to do. She didn't make it very far before she got distracted by whistling coming from `her' youngest brother's room.
“Inuyasha?” she arched a brow at the door with her question. Then she knocked on the door.
There came a very thankfully too muffled to understand, cuss word from the room the boy was occupying. Followed by a crash, all to be proceeded by louder yet still undecipherable cruse words.
“Inuyasha, are you okay?” her voice hesitantly asked threw the door.
Her answer came in the form of a muted, “Yeah. Just a sec, Kisa.”
When he opened the door she found out what all the noise had been about. There stood Inuyasha in a black dress shirt and pants. On the bed waiting to join their brethren was the matching jacket and deep red, silk vest.
“You going to prom or something Inuyasha?”
“No. I'm taking Kagome to the,” he swallowed here, “Opera. She said if I was truly sorry, if I truly wanted her back I would take her there.” His pink ears clutched his head.
Little did Inuyasha know, Kagome hated the opera and was just testing to see if he could/would do something loathsome for her. Like she would for him. If Inuyasha didn't complain too much they would leave the show before an hour was up, and go somewhere much more fun. Which could be almost anywhere in Kagome's opinion.
“Oh, Inuyasha you're in for a treat! The opera can be one of the best places in the world!” `Cha'yeah to leave.' she inwardly frowned and giggled at the same time. She giggled because Inuyasha has no idea what he's in for, come to think of it neither did she. And she frowned `cause sometimes her inner-voice was not very polite. `But at least it doesn't swear.'
`Speaking of swearing…' Inuyasha had gotten himself tied up in his fancy neck tie and let out a few choice words. “Inuyasha! You say such filthy words around me again and I'll wash your mouth out with soap! And,” her eyes took on a dangerous her voice turned to nice and dark near baritone, “if you should be so reckless as to say something like that after that… I'll cut your tongue out and feed it to the first cat I find. You hear me?” She raised an eyebrow at him in question.
Her eyes reminded him of a painting his father painted when Inuyasha was a young boy. The very thought of that picture was enough to fill Inuyasha with cold dread.
Needless to say Inuyasha felt his heart grow weak with fear. “Feh.” was the only reply he could give `Kisa'. He turned away from her and tried to recall that his sister was as kind as an angel, a guardian angel not an avenging one. During which he was praying to Kami-Sama to help him keep his sailor mouth clean around his `sister', he did not want to feel the retribution her eyes promised.
Afterward he returned to fumbling with his fancy-smancy tie. He quickly got frustrated and remembering that his `sister' was still in the room, looking at something or other, so he let out a string of “Feh!”s a mile long. Little did he know she had been staring at him and giggling under her breath at his pathetic attempts the entire time.
“Inuyasha that tie goes on your neck, so how on earth did you get your legs tangled in it too?” she asked the strange lump on the floor as her humor filled eyes flashed.
Inuyasha could barely move. His hands twitched in yearning to destroy the wretched thing. But if he did that he wouldn't meet the dress code and wouldn't be allowed in the opera house. Then he'd never get Kagome.
`Kisa' then offered her assistance, “Would you like some help Inuyasha?”
“Yes please.” muttered the dog-boy around his mouthful of carpet.
Shirah stepped up and untangled the `knotty' dog.
“Well,” said Inuyasha expectantly after he was standing for a bit.
“Well what?” asked the young lady before him.
“How do I put this… blasted thing on?”
Shirah grinned at his obvious cover for a swear word. “I don't know.”
“I thought you said you could help me.”
“And I did. Did I not? Are you still tied in a sloppy bundle on the floor?”
“Yeah, yeah. You helped. But I still need to get this on.”
“I bet Sesshoumaru or Jaken could help you.” she suggested.
“What! Did your brain get lost?”
“No. I think you should ask one of them for help.”
“No way! I don't need their help!”
“Okay…”
Twenty minutes later
`How on earth did that happen?' Shirah questioned herself. There was Inuyasha hanging upside down by one leg from the ceiling fan, all wrapped up like a pot pie. Well except the other leg, it had remained free of “The Evil Ribbon from Hades,' as Inuyasha named it. She then remembered what caused this particular position.
Inuyasha got frustrated trying to kick the long, long tie end off his leg; it just wouldn't stop coiling around his precious leg. So he jumped up and underestimated how long the silk tie really was. It decided to get Inuyasha back for all those kicks and twisted itself around the fan.
“You'd think it was a snake with how often you're squeezed within its coils Inuyasha.”
“Oh! Just help me down!” said the grumpy Inuyasha.
“No. I think I'll leave you there. After all at least like this you won't be able to get in a worst position. Like having it wrapped too tightly around your neck. This probably wouldn't have happened if you had help.” She was opening the door when Inuyasha gave up.
“Ok, ok! Get me down from here then we'll go get Jaken to help me.”
“Right.” She nodded with a smile. All she did is pull on the end of ribbon hanging in front of her `brother's' nose and he slipped all the way out of it with a crash. “You okay?” she questioned with a grin.
“Yes.” he groaned after he sat up from his previous face plant.
“Good. You go get Jaken. I'll work on getting your pretty ribbon down.
Inuyasha sighed and marched off to find the little demon.
When they entered the room, both Jaken and Inuyasha were surprised. `Kisa' was dancing around the fan, ribbon in hand like it was a maypole. Every few steps she'd jump up.
“What are you doing?” Inuyasha questioned. He was whacked in the back of his head by Jaken's carved walking stick.
“What Inuyasha means Mistress is… um… What are you doing?” Jaken looked at her sheepishly, ignoring the heated glare he was receiving from Inuyasha.
“Trying to get the tie to let go of the fan. Of course, what else?” She then continued her little dance around the fan, completing the circle two more times. Then two small tugs and down it came. `Shhhhh.' it whispered as it gracefully landed on the floor.
She handed the ribbon to Jaken; no way was she letting Inuyasha take it from her. She might get tangled in it too. Then she sat down on the bed, content to watch a bird peek at the window screen. That is content until she heard a fuss starting behind her.
 
 
31731731731731731731731731731731731731731731731731731731731731731 7317317317317
Hey everyone! I hope you enjoyed the Saint Patrick's Day chapter of Bored With Mine Borrowed Yours! I actually got this out before a month was up. Yay!
 
If you're interested in what InuTaisho's painting looked like I will be putting out a short story of the paintings and a little background information on Easter (March 23rd), hopefully. The name of the story will be InuTaisho's Paintings. I will also be putting out a short story, called One of Us, on the April Fool's Day (April 1st).
 
Please review. Thank you. Bye.