InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Bored With Mine Borrowed Yours ❯ The Party part 3 Light Fairies ( Chapter 30 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha or its characters. The very talented Rumiko Takahashi owns him and the entire cast. (Except for the characters I made up.) And the rating may be wrong (It's rated for safety) but it will NOT go higher.
By: year of the snake (at fanfiction) (aka.) crescentmoon (at mediaminer)
 
Chapter Thirty
 
Back with Shirah and Inuyasha
They had been outside for approaching thirty minutes when Kagome traced them to where they were. They were talking about some of Miroku's stupider ventures.
“Okay let me get this straight; he wanted to be a bull wrestler except with rams? Sheep rams?”
“Yes.”
She snorted. “And how'd that work for him?”
“He ended up chasing them for three hours and thirteen minutes.”
Shirah started laughing really hard.
“So how long are you planning on staying out here?”
“Oh hey Kagome. How long have we been out here?” `Kisa' inquired.
“Thirty minutes.”
“Oh my! I didn't mean to keep him out here so long! I'm sorry Kagome.”
“It's okay. FYI that demon and his date left.” Kagome answered.
“Darn. Inuyasha if you ever see him again I expect you to apologize.” Shirah turned those eyes of frigid blue on the boy.
“What!” he yelped.
“You heard me. Now go have a good time and don't forget to take Kagome with you. After all she is your date and you owe her another dance.”
After they left Shirah wandered through the classy gardens lit by white Christmas lights. Every so often she would turn off the paths to avoid couples and groups. She just enjoyed the serenity and the cool night breeze. She stepped up to a small, trickling, manmade waterfall and pond that was located in the back corner of the surprisingly large garden spot. The lights refracted off the rippling water like little dancing fairies “Wow…”
“Yes it is stunning, is it not?”
`Kisa' spun around to face Sesshoumaru. “It is. It's practically magical…” She whirled back to watch the light show. “Is there something you needed Sesshoumaru?”
“No.”
They just stood in silence for so long that if she hadn't looked she would have thought he left. Slowly she started humming with the music that tinkled faintly behind them. Then twirled and giggled.
Sesshoumaru looked at her odd so she explained. “This is the song we danced to that night, oh so long ago.”
“It was not so long.”
“No,” her smile dropped almost completely, “I suppose not.” She swayed and wondered to herself if she'd get in trouble if she took off her shoes and `danced' in the water. `Ah I don't care.' She slipped them off and was in the water in not but a few seconds.
“Kisa get out of there.”
“No.”
“Kisa…” he growled a warning.
“Take off your shoes and join me. Just be you and nothing else for a little bit. No one but me to see it.”
“I am always me.”
`Kisa's' eyes betrayed the doubt she felt as she said, “No doubt… But I meant the you free of all worries, all inhibitions. The man you were before you became a zombie to work. Just be my brother again. I miss him.” Shirah could still hear the words the real Kisa had said when describing how Sesshoumaru once was. She could still hear the ache in her voice when she too had said, “I miss him.”
He stood there not moving, his senses and thoughts racing.
Shirah bent down running her fingers in the water then when she was certain that he wouldn't expect it she sent a gush of water at him quickly. Speckled with water both he and his suit Sesshoumaru frowned. `Kisa' smiled up at him impishly.
“Are you too much of an adult now to have some childlike fun?” she challenged.
“Childish more like.”
Shirah grinned and shrugged. “I personally hope I never get as old, stuffy and boring as you.”
That did it. His shoes, socks and jacket were discarded and his pant legs rolled above his knees in a second perhaps two. He growled, playfully this time. Sesshoumaru had dumped two cupped handfuls of water on her head before she even knew he was in the water.
“Uh!” came out in a surprised puff of air. Her face was so astounded that it was adorable.
Sesshoumaru grinned at her, very satisfied with his handy work, and folded his arms over his chest. “Still old?”
`Wow… that's a gorgeous grin.' She blushed and hoped she could pass it off as surprise or a flush of happiness. After a few seconds she grinned back. `Lets see how long we can push this fun.' “Yep! And utterly boring too!”
He tried without really trying to grab her arm but she danced back letting more of the fairies of light come between them. “Oh no you don't.” she laughed.
For the next fifteen minutes they were just friends trying to soak each other with the shallow pool of water. Then he startled her by dashing into the space between them to pick her up. Sesshoumaru swung her around spraying water all over the surrounding area. Shirah laughed in shear delight.
“Am I still old?” He looked down at his sister with a large smile. One that was never on his face other than now.
She smiled back in a way that said she was thinking about saying yes. Finally she answered, “No, old bean. Now you're Just Sesshoumaru.” She paused and he began to put her down. “And I must insist that Just Sesshoumaru come out and play with just Kisa and perhaps Rin and even Shippo for an hour every day. Two hours on Sundays.” She hugged him before he let go. Then Shirah nodded. “I have agreed with myself so you Just Sesshoumaru better not keep us waiting.” Then she walked haughtily to shore. `And I thought Sesshoumaru was hot… this Just Sesshoumaru guy is a dreamboat… on land or sea.' She fought a snicker and a blush. She won against the snicker but lost the battle of blush. `Kisa' busied herself with her shoes. `With any luck when we switch back he'll be Just Sesshoumaru around his real sister again.'
When she and Sesshoumaru walked back into the party Sesshoumaru was once again his `old, stuffy and boring' self. He didn't even look like he had been touched by water.
Too bad `Kisa' couldn't claim the same. Her hair was now straggly and wet. Her top was water stained a darker blue, as was about an inch around the hem. But she glowed in a way she hadn't earlier that evening, and her eyes sparkled excitedly. She even acted more confident.
Brawswick was sitting on a chair by the door to feel the breeze. “Hey youngin'. This brute didn't try to drown you did he?”
“No sir.” She grinned stopping to talk to him. “Quite the contrary I tried to drown him. It didn't work very well did it?” Her eyes shifted to him. The room was nearing empty so he, Sesshoumaru, was very easy to find.
The old bear shot out laughter at her unexpected reply. “You my dear are… hmm… I can't think of a word for it.”
She ducked her head, smiling. “Thank you.”
“Well now that I know that young man hasn't killed you I'm going to go, hibernate for a while you know? But you promise me young missy, you keep that demon on his toes. He needs it something fierce.” Then the demon shuffled away.
“Okay ladies and gentlemen this will be the last song of the evening. Find your special someone and hold them tight.” the DJ sang.
`Kisa' swayed, twirled and moved to the music out of the way where she was. This was another song she really liked. Shirah didn't even pretend to have a dance partner. She had her eyes closed and a smile.
“May I cut in?” Sesshoumaru teased lightly. “I brought you I should have one dance.”
“That you should. Yes you may cut in.” She sang under her breath along with the female part. Every time she looked at him `Kisa' could tell Sesshoumaru was laughing at her without even shaking.
When they went to get the car `Kisa' noted that some people were missing. “Where's Inuyasha and Kagome?”
“Inuyasha had to take Kagome home. I suspect he went home after that.”
“How did he get her there without the car?”
“Ran it.”
“Oh.” She got in his fancy black car.
Just as he said Inuyasha was in bed when they arrived home.
“Good night Sesshoumaru.” Shirah yawned bumping gently into the wall in the process.
“Good night, Kisa.”
True to her word everyday for the next three days `Kisa' and often the kids would hunt Sesshoumaru down and force him to play with them. After that he started to join them, so he could choose the time to do so. Not that he was very happy with the whole situation.
 
12241224122412241224122412241224122412241224122412241224122412241 22412241224
Merry Christmas everyone! This is a special short chapter for Christmas. I really hope you enjoy my present to you. I'll get the next chapter out later this month or sometime next month. May you have a great day, week and year!
 
Please review, tell me what you think, your favorite part of the story and/or chapter, just let me know what you think or that you're out there reading. Will write again soon. Bye!