InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Bored With Mine Borrowed Yours ❯ Halos in the Hall ( Chapter 32 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha or its characters. The very talented Rumiko Takahashi owns him and the entire cast. (Except for the characters I made up.) And the rating may be wrong (It's rated for safety) but it will NOT go higher.
By: year of the snake (at fanfiction) (aka.) crescentmoon (at mediaminer)
Chapter Thirty-Two
By Monday morning they had a new door attached and a little surprise for Shirah. She screamed.
“Very funny Ginta now take this off.”
“No can do.”
There on her wrist was a handcuff; the chain was extra, extra, extra, extra long. On the other end was Ginta.
“You're not going anywhere without me for a long, long time. Maybe you'll never go anywhere without me ever again.”
Kisa didn't have it much better. She was constantly guarded by Sesshoumaru or Inuyasha. Mostly Inuyasha, as Sesshoumaru had to work. Even though Sesshoumaru never left the house except for rehearsals. And neither girl was allowed phone calls.
For Sesshoumaru rehearsals were pretty bad. The director moaned and complained when Sesshoumaru told him his sister would no longer be in the play. Opening night was not but that next Saturday away and she had no understudy. Who could learn her part in time? No one!
Finally, though he loath to do it, he promised he would try and convince her to be in the play.
That night after he got home he phoned the Abbott household. He had Jaken find the number.
“Hello?” an unknown female voice answered.
“Is Shirah there?”
“Yeah, I'll get her… Shirah it's for you.” Ayame said.
“Yes! Give it!”
“No! No phone calls for her!” Both Shirah and Ginta dashed for the phone. Ginta, of course, got to it first.
“Hello, I'm sorry Shirah is not excepting phone calls at the moment…”
“Give me the phone Ginta!”
“May I take a message? Ow! Hey, no biting!”
“I'll do it again if you don't give me the phone puffball!”
“No phone for you!”
Ayame just stood in the background laughing hysterically.
“Ginta,” Sesshoumaru said, “Shirah has an important role in a play that is débuting this weekend. I expect her to be at practice tomorrow and all the practices and days of the play.” He used his `this is what is going to happen because I said so' voice.
“Sorry Sesshoumaru, Shirah is indefinitely indisposed. She will not be able to make it. Yeowch! You little… uh… Girl! I told you to quit biting!”
“And I told you to give me the phone. So I guess we're both unhappy.”
“Who are you talking to Sesshoumaru?”
“Ginta.”
“Oh that's… Ginta! Let me talk to poof-head!” Kisa tried to get the phone.
“No. Inuyasha detain her.”
“Hey, let me go Inuyasha!”
“Nope.”
“Ah-ha! I got it. Thanks for your help Ayame.” Ayame gave her the thumbs up. She was keeping Ginta… occupied. Not that she minded she got to kiss him after all. “Hello?” Shirah said into the phone.
“Hello. Shirah you had best be at practice tomorrow.” With that he hung up.
“I'll be there!” she said to the dial tone.
“No you will not!” Ginta protested when Ayame let him go.
“I'll be there even if I have to drag you out a bus window!” Then she walked in the direction of their seventh game of Chutes and Ladders. “Ayame I'm so sorry you have to spend your date here playing children's board games, when you could be at that concert. And Ginta spent all that money on tickets and everything.”
“Nice try Shirah. I'm not going to let you go.”
“Oh Ayame, how can you date someone so cruel!?!”
“I don't know. I think maybe I should date someone else. Have any ideas?”
“There's a few really cute guys in the play! We should go tomorrow.”
“That sounds great!” Ayame said jokingly.
“What did I say, she's not going!”
“Sorry you've been out-voted.” sang Shirah.
Ginta insisted, “This is not up for vote!”
“Ginta…”
Sure enough the next day an un-happy Ginta was sitting in the audience in the middle of the front row so his sister could move around the stage. He refused to take the handcuff off. They got a lot of odd looks.
“Ah you weren't here yesterday and now this!” Yoshino lamented.
“Yeah this is why I wasn't here yesterday. You have no idea how big a bribe I had to give to get my brother to let me come.” She sighed.
“Inuyasha wouldn't let you come?”
“No.” She giggled, “Ginta wouldn't.”
“Mr. Nishi only has three children.” Yoshino was confused, had his son, Miroku, lied to him?
“I know. I'm not a Nishi, I'm an Abbott. I'm Shirah Abbott.”
“But you tried out as Kisa…”
“I know that too. It was an experiment. It was set up by our teachers. We were to experience the life of someone else, during the summer so we wouldn't affect each other's grades.”
“And?”
She just smiled and laughed. “I had a blast!”
“And the chain?”
“My brother really missed me.”
The chain caused some accidents and slowed down wardrobe changes considerably. But he still would not release her. And to make it worse Sesshoumaru seemed amused by her predicament. He wouldn't even talk to her; as soon as a scene was done he was gone until he was needed again.
It was a long practice to say the least.
Kisa was also being driven slowly insane. Inuyasha followed her everywhere except the bathroom. And all he would talk about was how he couldn't believe she had it in her to switch places on them.
Kisa thus had only failed attempts at ditching him, including trying to sneak away while he attacked a tanker full of ramen noodles.
`Think, think, think! How can I get him to leave me alone?'
The next day, Wednesday, Shirah's life got another wrinkle of complication. Kouga refused to believe that the girl he had been dating and Shirah was not the same person. He had even progressed to calling her `my babe'. Shirah wanted to bang her head on a large match until it started an inferno that would swallow her whole. She no longer had any interest in Kouga.
Kisa was even more desperate to leave Inuyasha in the dust that day. She had even tried to get him to play a game of hide and seek. He figured out after nine minutes she wasn't coming for him. He tracked her down to the garage in no time. `Curses foiled again.' was her thoughts at that moment.
He wised up after that and didn't let her out of his sight.
Two more days of that and by Saturday they were more of less ready to blow. Kisa couldn't take it anymore! She thought up a lovely plan to add to her book, A Thousand Ways to Ditch Your Dog-Demon. She grinned.
Kisa leaned and whispered in Shippo's ear. “I'll give you and Rin each a buck if you annoy Inuyasha until he chases you. But you have to get him outside. Can you do it?” Luckily Inuyasha was listening to music on his earphones.
Shippo shrugged. “Sure!”
“Great.”
In what must have been a record they had Inuyasha hopping mad. Soon they were gone.
Then Kisa set up perfumes, scented candles, nail polish and removers and anything else she could find and opened them in the front hall.
When Inuyasha realized he left his post he came charging in, took one whiff and promptly passed out. Kisa was in Sesshoumaru's study getting a heavy duty stapler for an `art project' she was making. When she came back she found a lump of Inuyasha on the floor.
`Perfect.' She dragged Inuyasha where she needed him and in a flash of the stapler she began.
After she finished she started closing the various bottles. She tied the nail polish remover bottle around his neck, leaving it open to keep him `asleep'.
She was admiring her handiwork just before she was about to leave when the front door opened… It was her parents.
“Mom! Dad! I am so glad you're finally home!” She flew to them for hugs.
It wasn't until she let them go that they noticed their new wall hanging.
“Why is Inuyasha on the wall?” asked InuTaisho.
“What!?!” cried their mother.
“I decided to explore Christianity in an artistic way. And I found Inuyasha just lying around.”
Amused InuTaisho asked, “And what did you discover?”
“I like it. We should keep him there as a symbol of our Christianity.”
Her father boomed with laughter. Her mother on the other hand gazed at her boy like `what have they done to you!?!'
Yep. Kisa had stapled Inuyasha, well his clothes to the wall, he just happened to be in them. She did it in a way that made it look like he was hanging on a cross. She had even stapled his hair to look like a halo from a renaissance painting. His baggy red sweats just added to the look.
“I like it too. But I think your mother would appreciate it if you got him down.”
“Ah but he looks so heavenly. Even if he does weigh a ton.”
“Did you `crucify',” he laughed over the word, “Inuyasha all on your own or did you have help?”
“Um… Well the kids got him out of the way while I set up the trap…” she paused realizing what she just said. She decided to continue anyway. “But I got him up there on my own.”
“And where's Sesshoumaru?” Koto asked frantic.
“In his study, working. Where else?”
Koto bolted down the hall to Sesshoumaru's study to make sure.
Kisa decided it was a perfect time to leave.
“Not so fast little miss.”
She halted at her father's voice. “Yes daddy?”
“You're going to close that bottle and then you're going to help me get him down.”
Kisa sighed. “Darn it!”
Inuyasha woke up while they were getting him down.
“What's going on? How'd I get up here?”
Kisa and InuTaisho just laughed.
“That was some wicked party you threw last night huh Inuyasha?” Kisa said. She and InuTaisho laughed more. Inuyasha was confused he hadn't thrown a party.
“What party?!? How dare you throw a party while I'm gone Inuyasha!” screeched their mother.
Kisa snickered. That is just the reaction she wanted.
Inuyasha soothed, “Mother she's joking we didn't throw a party.”
When Inuyasha was safely on the ground and in Koto's arms Kisa once again headed for the door. And walked right into her eldest brother's chest. He and Inuyasha shared a look and a nod.
Kisa found that even without their parents realizing what was happening her brothers were managing to keep her in the house. And they wouldn't tell mom and dad about how they had had a sister who wasn't their sister.
~Later~
“Gah!” she howled. She had been thwarted again. “I give up!”
Inuyasha ginned because of his victory.
Kisa thought, `I'm no longer playing softball. Here comes the hardball are you ready Inuyasha?'
 
 
42042042042042042042042042042042042042042042042042042042042042042 0420420420420420
 
Hello everyone! Sorry I am late again. I just can't seem to get them out on time anymore. But I've been very busy. And sick. Sorry again. This is a late Easter present to everyone. Enjoy.
 
I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I know I enjoyed writing it. Please review.
 
Goodbye for now.