InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Boys To Women ❯ Patience is a Virtue. Just Not One of Sesshomaru's ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]


Okay, so another week has gone by and here I am with my latest installment. So, here you go, my next chapter! Read it, live it, love it!

Patience Is a Virtue.
Just Not One Of Sesshomaru's

Respect women! Ha! I have been respecting women all my life. My father raised me to be a man's man. Ooh, I don't feel right even thinking that. But I have never disrespected a woman. Except for the time I called Kagome a whore for wearing her skirt so short. And the time I called Sango a wench for calling me conceited. And the time, no, times, I called Inuyasha a bitch. And the time I...Oh no! Sesshomaru put her head in her hands. She was on her bed, back in her room, thinking over what Kagome told her, once again. Everyone else had already laid down for the night, leaving her awake alone.

So, I have to be nice, eh? It all sounds like what Father told me to do when I was little and I wanted Santa Clause to come. Of course that was before Myoga told me Santa dosen't deliver toys to demons. And I believed him! Though strangely enough, I didn't get anything that year except for a hunk of some kind of volcanic rock. "Damn it all!" She said out loud. "This Sesshomaru bows down to no humans! I will not be persuaded by mere mortals! I will do as I please! I will treat anyone and everyone how I feel like! I will--" "Shut the hell up, damn!" Inuyasha screamed from her room. "Oops, sorry" Sesshomaru whispered.

Turning off her bedside lamp, she climbed under the covers. I'll try to do as the human wenches, I mean, humans say. I'll try this "respect" thing out. Pssht! Like I really want to hear how Miroku's day went! She fell asleep dreaming of boring meetings full of women who talked about nothing more than what kind of panty liner is the best.

Inuyasha woke up first the next morning. Creeping downstairs, she headed for the living room. The first thing that seemed interesting to her was a new report about some anniversary of a hurricane that struck a year ago in the west. After about five minutes of watching this, they started replaying footage. Inuyasha changed the channel to a soap opera.

"Johnathan, how could you do this to me? I loved you! You said you wanted to marry me!" "Kathy, I'm sorry, okay? What more do you want from me?" "I want the truth!" "You can't handle the truth!" Whoa! This is good! Inuyasha thought. "I had an affair with Sabrina," Johnathan continued on the TV. "You what?" Kathy walked quickly over to the man and slapped him. "Sabrina's my best friend! How could you do this to us!" By the time the others had awoken twenty minutes later, Inuyasha was sitting on the sofa and grinning like a cheshire cat.

Kagome looked first at the screen, then at the half-demon, then back at the screen, and finally looking over at Sango and Miroku. All three shrugged in union and then settled down beside Inuyasha, becoming absorbed in the program. Sesshomaru joined them a moment later, tying a bath towel around her head from her shower. Remember, respect. Just be nice. She did a couple of breathing exercises, poped a tic-tac in her mouth, then plastered the biggest, fakest smile she could manage on her face. She strode over and stopped in front of Kagome.

"Hi! How's your day been?" Kagome glanced at her. "It's only eight in the morning and I just got up. What the hell do you mean?" Sesshomaru gritted her teeth, but kept the forced smile up. "Oh, nothing! I was just wondering, you know! Say, how about we get together and do some of that good old-fashioned yoga that you women, I mean, we women, seem to be into these days!" Kagome gave her a long look this time. "Yoga? How old do you think I am?" "Forty-seven," Sesshomaru muttered to herself through her huge smile. Kagome didn't seem to notice.

"Well, then how about we go shopping? There was a nice Prada bag in the mall I was just dying to buy!" Kagome shot him a double take. "I mean for you! I wanted to buy the bag for you! Happy birthday, he, he!" "My birthday was four months ago. And besides, you maxed out my credit card," the other girl said dryly, turning her attention now to Oprah. Still, Sesshomaru's Barbie smile remained. Finally through a very stressed mouth she said, "Then let's go to a day spa! I heard that they give you complementary chocolate!"

"Chocolate makes my face break out," Kagome responded dully. Sesshomaru dropped the plastic smile. "Damn it, Kagome! You said that I needed to show respect, and I am! But everytime I suggest something, you always have to oppose it! How the hell am I suposed to be respectful if you don't want to cooperate with me?" Kagome looked at her with a bored expression. "Sesshomaru, offering to take me to a spa isn't respect. Just treat me like you would...your father. Yeah! You respect him, so just treat me like that."

Sesshomaru walked up to her and pushed her off her seat, sitting down in it once she hit the floor. "What the hell was that?" Kagome yelled. "Respect. That's the most curtesy my father would get from me. Oh, and if you want breakfast, go out into the wild and catch it." She nestled into the spot, getting comfy. "Damn, you got a warm ass! I could hire you on as my seat warmer."

Seething, Kagome went upstairs and fetched a small bag of something. Coming back down, she threw a handful of the contents on Miroku and Inuyasha, then chanted something under her breath. A familar flash filled the room. Moments later, there sat the normal monk and half-demon. Sesshomaru's jaw dropped.

"What the hell is this? You change them back, but not me? Miroku had more issues than I did!" Kagome crossed her arms. "Miroku took this whole experience well, as did Inuyasha." She looked over at him, who was now dancing around the room saying some kind of prayer and thanking God for not having a period any more. Miroku, on the other hand, was eyeing Sango.

"How about this, Sesshomaru. If you can pass three tests, then I will change you back. These tests will challenge you both mentally and physically. Are you ready?" The demoness eyed the miko. "Why the hell do you sound like Fear Factor? Yes I'll do your stupid tests, if that's what I have to do to--" She stopped, feeling something rubbing her behind. Miroku. She slapped him. "You pervertous, lecherous monk! See! How come he gets to say a man?"

Sango smiled at her. "Better you than me," she said. "Besides, I think I have the ultimate weapon to keep Miroku in line now. He was miserable as a woman because he felt inadequate. I don't think he wants to go back to that, now does he?" Miroku shook his head vigoriously, then moved his hand away from Sesshomaru's behind.

"We'll start your testing this afternoon," Kagome finished. "Till then, be quiet! I'm trying to watch Oprah!" Sesshomaru stomped off grumbling, "Stupid Oprah! Wait till I buy the studio! Get rid of her, and you'll loose the biggest woman influencer in the world! Life would become unstable without her!" She sat sulkining in the back yard until she noticed her discarded issue of Vouge! Almost without control of herself, she picked it up and began reading.



For some reason, I found this to be one of my hardest chapters to write! Wow, my brainstorming for this story is being over taken by the need to concentrate on other things like linear equations and de Vaca (who the hell is he?) and phrases like "Como se llama?" (which means "what is his/her name?" in spanish. But you pronounce the "se" like "say" and the "llama" like "mama" with a "y" in front of it. Listen to that Shakira song and you'll hear the man say it during the chorus.) Anyways, I hope this chapter didn't come out too bad. If it did, please forgive me! Most of my writing time has been reduced by less than half. But write and tell me what you think!