InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Broken Shadows and Hidden Secrets ❯ "Feh! Women!" ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Broken Shadows and Hidden Secrets

Chapter 1 - "Feh! Women!"

Kagome had just gotten into a fight with Inuyasha when she burst out crying. "SIT!" she screamed trying to hold back the tears. The fight had been about Kagome, who put her self into a very dangerous position to save Inuyasha from Kouga.

Flash Back

See, Kouga, as usual, was trying very hard to get Kagome to go and be with him instead of Inuyasha. Inuyasha was looking for Kagome when he over heard Kouga and Kagome talking. Inuyasha became enraged upon listening to their conversation between Kagome and his enemy Kouga. Inuyasha leapt out of his hiding place to confront Kouga and show him where he really stands.

“Leave her the hell alone!” He growled taking the off guard wolf demon and the human miko by surprise. “For the last time, she’s not going with you!!” He drew out his transformed sword and pointed it at Kouga.

“I’ve had just about enough of you mutt!” Kouga yelled as he shifted his stance to a more battle fit one. He wasn’t about to let this weak, little, half-blooded mutt get in the way of him and his true love. “This time no mercy!”

“I don’t even know the meaning of the word!” He slit his eyes and lunged a full fledge attack. Kouga dodged it and the fight commenced.

The fight went on for a little while as blow after blow struck the fighters. Each blow was as if they were taking turns. One would hit the other than the hit was returned. Kagome kind of liked the attention, and the fact that two guys were fighting over her. She started drifting of until she heard a thud. It had been Kouga that through a powerful kick that knocked Inuyasha back into a tree.

“This is it mutt! I’ve been waiting for this day sense the day I met you!” He drew out his sword to make the final blow when Kagome realized what happened.

“Stop it now!” she yelled as she stepped out in front of Inuyasha. He brought down his sword (to her side trying to miss her) and cut Kagome on the shoulder but none of them noticed at the moment.

“Kagome. Step out of the way so I can finish him!” But Kagome refused to move.

“No Kouga. Leave him be!”she stood with her arms out blocking Inuyasha.

“Kagome MOVE !!” This time Inuyasha yelled at her. “Don’t interfere!”

“Inuyasha! I am not going to stand here and watch him kill you!”

“Kagome! I can handle this! Don’t interfere and MOVE!!” he said bitterly then moved a bit trying to get up.

“INUYASHA!!!”

“Oh, no!”

“SIT!” Kagome yelled and watched him fall back onto the ground into a four foot hole.

“Kagome please. Let me finish him off!” Kouga said as he drew his sword back out.

“As for you, Kouga,” she turned back to face him. “I highly suggest that you leave and I don’t want to see you around here for a while. Only if it is of dire importance. If you don’t come around here with a good excuse for your presents, than I swear. I will kill you my self!” She said that a whole lot calmer than she felt.

“But...Kagome?”

“Leave Kouga!” She said it a little more firmer to let him know that she meant it. He just stood there in shock because this was the first time he had seen her like that. She slowly put her hand on her bow and arrows. “ Please don’t make me shoot you Kouga. I really wouldn’t want to do that.” Actually, she didn’t want to waist the arrow on him. Kouga stepped back than walked away.

The scratch from his sword started to hurt as she fell to her knees holding her shoulder to stop the pain. She hated it when she had to act like that to Kouga. She didn’t like him but he wasn’t evil.

End of Flash Back

"I'm going home for a while and that's final! Come and get me when you get some common sense and a heart!!" She was yelling this at Inuyasha while he was trying to get off of the ground and out of the Inuyasha-sized creator that was about six feet deep.

"Owe! That hurt! Why do you always have to say that when we get mad at each other!" Inuyasha was very hurt and shocked at the response that he got from her.

" Maybe because your just a big, dumb, stubborn, jerk! I try to save you, no, I DO save you from Kouga, and this is how I get treated!? Maybe I should go with Kouga since all you ever think about is three things; Kikyo, finding shards, and YOUR SELF!! Maybe he'll treat me better!" With her mind spoken, she grabbed her backpack and ran towards the well that lead back to her time and away from Inuyasha.

"KAGOME!" Inuyasha ran after her but it was too late. "DAMN, DAMN, DAMN!!” `Why? Why does she always do this to me? Doesn't she realize that I don't think about the shards as much now that I met her? I only say that to keep her around! I may like Kikyo, but I would never love Kikyo as much as I do her! I wish that I could tell her that!!' He thought this, than ran the other way, away from the well. He needed some where that he could think for a while, some where that was quiet. He knew just where to go.

Shippo and Kilala were sitting around the well shortly after Kagome's outburst. The two were hoping that Kagome would come back but they had no luck of the sort. " I wonder when she will be back. I hate it when she is gone for a long time." Shippo smiled as he looked over to see that Kilala agreed with him as she shook her head in agreement.


Inuyasha's tree


Thinking about what he should do about Kagome, he heard someone below him. "Who is down there?! I know your there!" he put one hand on his sword and the other on the branch he was perched on.

" What? Do you feel threatened by little ol' me?" As soon as he heard the low soft voice he instantly knew who it was.

"What do you want?"

"Don't be alarmed brother. This time I'm just hear to talk." This visitor was none other than Inuyasha's half-brother Sessho-Maru.

"I repeat my unanswered question. What the hell are you doing here!?" With that Sessho-Maru seemed to be stared down by his brother's amber orbs.(Believe me, if looks could kill, Sessho-Maru would have been dead a long, long time ago.)

"I think you need to go and get her.''

"Kagome!? Feh! who cares what you think, and who needs her any way!?"

"As I have observed, you do my young minded brother."

"What?! What the hell do you mean by that!?"

"I saw what had happened back there. You got into another fight with the girl, but this time she left back to her own time. Inuyasha, I know that you have strong feelings for the Miko."

"WHAT!!?? I love Kagome as much as you do Jaken!! Humpff!" Sessho-Maru opened his eyes at Inuyasha's last statement. 'Arrogant fool!' Sessho-Maru thought to him self.

" You are quite mistaken if you think that I will believe that."

" You are the one that is 'mistaken'. My feelings for Kagome are none of your damn business. Why don't you leave me the hell alone!?"

"Fine, but hear me now. If you really love her, than let her calm today and go and find her tomorrow. Show her that you are not an egocentric idiot, show her that your not heartless," 'Even though you are.' "show her how you really feel."

" And this is coming from a guy that has no feeling of compassion at all!"

" You don't know that much for a fact do you?" Inuyasha looked confused at his brother. 'Has he really loved a girl before?' " I still say who needs her!" With that Inuyasha turned and started walking towards the camp that his friends were. "Women!" Inuyasha huffed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Disclaimer: I, Artic Wolf, do not own any characters from Inuyasha in this chapter. Later if I get good reviews I will be going on to chapter 2 which I do own Tahani and some of the background characters.

I hope that the chapter wasn't too boring. I need 4 reviews to continue with the rest of the story. Oh, and it will get better after I finish introducing all the characters in the first few chapters. Sorry that it was so short. Don't worry it will get more interesting. Sorry it was so short. I’ll make up for it in the next chapter.