InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Broken Shadows and Hidden Secrets ❯ A Surprise Visit ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A/N: Thanks to all the reviewers. You fuel my need to write. Got this chapter out as fast as I could, but things do come up. My schedule has been going crazy lately and I’m trying to cram all this stuff in before school starts. Again I don’t have much to say except;

Disclaimer: I don’t own Inuyasha or the other characters in that anime. I only own my OCs and the story.

so enjoy the chapter and please review and tell me what you think. That and I will be switching from the name Karra to Tahani. Also Xia and Nahana. I hope that it is not too confusing but Karra and Tahani are the same person like Xia and Nahana.

A/N to sesshyfan: I don’t delay posting the chapters for the reviews. Asking for 4 reviews gives me enough time to write the next chapter, and by the time that I get the fourth one I have finished the chapter. Even if I don’t get the 4 reviews I’ll still post.

Broken Shadows and Hidden Secrets

Chapter 5 - A Surprise Visit

The smell of the trespasser was very familiar to Karra. She searched her memory for the person that it belonged to. It didn’t take her long to figure it out. Her eyes widened in shock as realization hit her.

‘Oh no! Inuyasha. If he finds Kagome and drags her out of the school and into the Feudal Era then my plan will fall to pieces!’

‘Xia!’
Tahani used telepathy to contact Nahana. She waited a minute before she repeated. ‘Xia!’

It took Nahana a moment to realize that she wasn’t hearing things. ‘Sorry Karra. I was talking with Koji. What’s the matter?’

‘Inuyasha is out side. You need to fully mask your sent and powers. If you don’t than he will know that you are a demon. ’

‘Perfect. Wait.... Inuyasha!’
Nahana practically yelled in her head.

‘Xia, don’t get any ideas. I will stall him. You need to go and talk to Kagome. ’

‘What do I say?’

‘Tell her that you just talked to me and we agreed on inviting her to go to the mall tomorrow with us. ’

‘What! I hate the mall!’

‘Your point?’

‘Fine. ’
She said defeated.

‘Good girl. Now go and talk to Kagome. ’

Nahana stifled a growl and looked up at Koji. This whole time he was looking down at her as the look of excitement then defeat crossed her face.

“Is anything wrong Nahana?” He asked with a look of innocents flaired in his eyes.

“No Koji, I’m fine. I need to go and find Kagome.”

“Who’s Kagome?”

“Oh, sorry. I forgot to tell you.” She said smacking her hand over her eyes.

“Is she the sickly girl from Shinkon High?”

“Yes she is, but she is really nice. But no, um... Tahani, Tayor, Sade, and I are showing her around. Don’t want her to get lost in a school this big.” She said with a nervous laugh.

“Okay. Well at least I got to have a few good dances in with you.” He said.

Nahana smiled and kissed him on the cheek. He turned his head trying to hide the blush that burned his cheeks. Nahana sighed then walked away.

‘Now to find Sade and Kagome. ’

Over to Sade and Kagome.

Kagome was laughing hysterically at Sade’s reaction to what she had said. Calming down Kagome looked up at Sade who was cleaning up spilt soda.

“What’s the madder Sade?”

“I had heard rumors about a guy with incomprehensible strength who always wore a blue and red cap. It was said that he hangs around some weird girl and falls to the ground a lot.”

“Well I’m that weird girl. He’s a good friend of mine. His name is Inuyasha.” She said trying to sound happy but Sade could see the shadows in her eyes.

“Where is he now?”

‘Probably out with Kikyo!’ She thought clutching her hand into a fist. Sade caught the motion and looked at her.

“I’m sorry if talking about him is uncomfortable for you. If it is I’ll drop the subject.”

“No, no. It’s fine. He’s just a little...” Her miko powers cut her short. ‘No! Don’t tell me he’s here!’

“A little what Kagome?” Sade asked wanting to hear what happened.

“...A little confused in his emotions right now.” She said trying to keep her calm. At that moment Nahana walked up.

“Hey girls. Having a good time?” Nahana said a bit happier then expected.

“Yeah, I’m having a great time with Sade.” Kagome said taking her attention off of the annoying hanyou.

“That’s good to hear Kagome. What about you Sade?”

“I’m having a good time too, surprisingly.”

“Why surprisingly Sade?” Kagome asked.

“Oh. Normally I don’t come to the school dances, for me their no fun. But talking to you has made it very bearable.”

“That’s good. But why did you come to this dance?”

“Because Tahani had told me that a new student would be arriving today. I wanted to make friends with you.” She said choosing her words wisely. Sade turned to look at Kagome again. “Oh, and about Inuyasha. What do you mean a little confused about his emotions?” She whispered knowing that Nahana could still hear her.

“Not much really. He should be here some where so you’ll meet him soon.” ‘After he takes a face plant!’

‘So she can sense him too. Her miko powers are strong. ’
Nahana thought as excitement once again rose in her eyes.

“If you will excuse me, I think that I will go find him. I need to have a small talk with him.” Kagome stormed off towards the gym doors.

‘Karra! She’s coming out to Inuyasha!’

‘Alright just stall her a few minutes. Did you ask her about tomorrow?’

‘Awe shoot! Sorry I forgot. ’

‘Well then ask her. We need to give her a reason not to go to the feudal era so soon. ’

‘Okay. Got it. ’
Nahana grabbed Sade by the wrist ignoring her protests and pulling her along trying to catch up to Kagome.

Tahani and Inuyasha

Tahani thought about a way that she could stall him. Nodding to herself she waved her hand in front of her face. Her appearance changed from human school girl to demonic guy. She took on the look of her brother Dran then froze time once again. While flexing her hands trying to get used to them she looked down on the younger demon.

She jumped down off of the six story building and landed in front of the frozen hanyou. She stepped back into the shadows and unfroze him.

“Hello there.” She said stepping out of the shadows. “May I ask what you are doing, young hanyou?”

Inuyasha put his hand on the hilt of his sword and turned towards the young man. “You reek of demon, so I’m not surprised that you know I’m a hanyou. And if you don’t mind, I don’t feel like killing demons right now.”

“My question still remains. Why are you in this territory? If you can not come up with a reason then I’m going to have to ask you to leave.”

“Why is it any of your business anyway? Why do you even care!?”

“Because this is my territory, and I aim to protect it.” She said moving into a battle stance.

“Normally I’d love a good fight, but I don’t have much time for this. I need to find Kagome.”

“Kagome? The miko?” She said trying to mess with him. It looked like it was working.

“How do you know about her?! You didn’t hurt her did you!?”

“No, your friends inside. How did you track her?” She said standing up straight.

“I can smell her here! See the dog ears,” He said taking off the hat. “means that I have dog senses. Duh!”

Kagome, Sade, and Nahana

They finally caught up to Kagome. “Kagome! Wait!”

“Yes? What is it?” She stoped and turned around.

“There was something that I forgot to ask you. Tahani and I were talking. We agreed on inviting you to go to the mall with us tomorrow. We have one extra discount ticket and we were going tomorrow afternoon. Would you want to go with us? We could get to know each other more.”

“Sure that sounds like a good idea.” ‘That does sound like a good idea. I need to get some supplies anyway. It also gives me an excuse to stay here for a bit longer. ’
“We can touch base then. Right now there is a guy I have to deal with. After that I’ll bring him in here to meet you girls.”

“Okay. You sure that you don’t want us to come with you? Tahani’s most likely standing outside anyway.”

“If you want to tag along then I’m not stopping you.” Kagome said then spun on her heel and started walking hearing them follow. Something was different about her surroundings. The air felt a bit lighter around Nahana. Kagome looked back at Nahana and examined her. ‘Wait...Nahana has no aura now. She did earlier. This place is weirder then the feudal era. ’

Tahani and Inuyasha

‘Tahani. ’

‘Yes Nahana? Did you ask her?’

‘Yes. ’

‘And what was her answer?’

‘She said that it is fine with her. I bet that she wants to bring Inuyasha with her. ’

‘Of course. ’

‘But we are heading out side now. ’

‘That’s fine. I’m done here anyway. ’

Tahani looked at Inuyasha. “Well you have a reason to be here so you may go.” She said bowing then froze him. She turned into her human form and walked over by the main entrance.

She unfroze him and he looked around. Most likely looking for her. After deciding that the demon was gone he made his way to the door.

“Hello Inuyasha.” She said looking at the sword.

“How do you know my name?” He asked with a genuine puzzled look on his face.

“I’m Tahani, one of Kagome’s new friends. She told me that her friend Inuyasha comes around once and a while to say hi.” She lied.

“So why is Kagome here. She said that she was on vacation or something. This is a school right?”

“Oh yes this is Konhami High. Her mother signed her up at this school because of her long term sicknesses and all.” She said smiling at him.

‘What is so familiar about this girl? The warmth of her smile reminds me of someone, but who? Oooooh! I hate this!’

“Sickness right...” He said halfheartedly watching a mad Kagome storm out of the school with two friends in tow. “Kagome...”

“Inuyasha....! You....you...! Agh!” She yelled in frustration.

“Kagome!”

“You no good, cheating-!”

“No Kagome! You wouldn’t! Not here! N-!”

“SIT boy!” She screamed as Inuyasha took a face plant on the cement parking lot. Nahana and Tahani stifled a laugh but Sade wasn’t so lucky. Nahana whacked her on the back of the head after she heard her say ‘Cool! ’. Sade glared at Nahana then looked down at a flattened Inuyasha, rubbing her head.

“Kagooma,” Kagome could barley understand him with his face in the ground. He picked up his head and spit out a pebble. “What was that for!? I didn’t do anything this time!”

Kagome walked over to him until she was a foot from him. “You very well know what you did! I will talk to you about it later! Right now there is a school dance that I would like to enjoy with my new friends and I’m not going to let you ruin it!” She yelled turning away from him. His ears had flattened against his head under his hat at the harshness in her voice.

“Kagome, I need to talk to you. Please just hear me out?”

“I’m listening.” She said calming down a bit, but not much. Inuyasha turned his head to look at Kagome’s friends.

“Alone.” He said trying to hint to Kagome to get her friends to scram.

“I’ll be right back girls.” She said grabbing Inuyasha’s wrist and pulling him out of a human’s hearing range. “What?! What do you want?!”

“Kagome. I came to say that I’m sorry.”

“The only reason your saying that is because you want your ‘Shard Detector ’ back!”

“No Kagome, I mean it. I’m sorry for being so mean to you after you...”

“After I what!”

“after you sa... sav...saved me from Wolf-turd.”

“Kouga! Say it! K-O-U-G-A! Kou-ga! Kouga!”

“Fine Kouga.” He suddenly found his feet more interesting then the conversation.

“You still only want me to go and find the rest of the jewel for you. I’m just a no good ‘Shard Detector ’ to you!”

“Kagome-”

“Save it Inuyasha. If you want you can come and stay for the rest of the dance. Come with me and I’ll introduce you to my friends.” She said wiping a tear from her eye. She walked over to her friends with a depressed hanyou following close behind. He knew very well that if he said what he wanted to say she wouldn’t believe him at all. She’d sit him into an early grave.

“This is Tahani,” she said pointing to her.

“Yes we’ve met.” Inuyasha said shaking her hand.

“She gave me a ride here after my car died. This is Sade, who I have been chatting with for a while. This is Nahana who has been very nice to me, and.... wait... Hey Tahani, were’s Tayor?”

“Oh, she went to go and deliver a message to a friend of mine.” Tahani answered

“Well I don’t know that much about Tayor, but she seems nice.”

“Oh she is. Most of the time.” Sade chimed in. Kagome and Sade both giggled at that comment.

“I heard that Sade.” Tayor said walking up behind Inuyasha. “Hello Inuyasha. I couldn’t help but over hear the introductions so I thought that I could join. Its nice to meet you.” She said shaking his hand.

“Great timing Tayor.” Tahani was still looking at the sword. “Canh neto lacart?”

Translation:

“Did you ask her?”

“Yes I did. She was at the apartment. She said that she rather talk to you in person, and that she hates mind links.”

“That’s fine. I can talk to her later tonight.”

“If you don’t mind me asking, what did you want to talk to her about?”

“Just wanted to talk to her about the pets.”

“Why, are you going some where?”

“Nahana and I will be going back to the feudal era with Kagome.”

“From now on?”

“No, not that long. We will be going back and forth between this time and the feudal era.”

Tayor shook her head signaling that she understood.

Inuyasha’s eyes widened then looked at Kagome. Kagome just shrugged then walked back into the school with everyone following.

As Kagome and the others got in the gym Kagome glanced up at the clock. ‘Its nine o’clock now so we only have a half an hour left. At least mom wanted me back at ten thirty. That means that Inuyasha and I can talk for an hour. Perfect. I can get home riding on his back and start to talk to him then. Maybe if I talk to him for an hour I might actually get something through to him. ’

“Kagome, the loud music is hurting my ears.” Inuyasha stated.

“You and I can stay closer to the door okay. If you girls want I can meet up with you tomorrow.”

“Do you and Inuyasha have a ride home Kagome?” Tahani asked.

“Yeah I think that I can arrange something.” She answered looking at Inuyasha. “Or I could leave now and walk.”

“You sure.” Tahani said with a concerned look.

“Its fine with me. I’ve walked for longer distances before.” She said still looking at Inuyasha. He wasn’t really listening to her. He was deep in thought about something, the sad look in his eyes grew with each passing moment. He snapped out of it as soon as Tetsustaiga had started vibrating.

“What’s wrong Tetsustaiga?” he whispered to the sword grabbing its hilt.

Kagome caught his sudden movement and looked at the sword. “So we’d better be going now.” She said a bit nervously.

“That’s fine. I’ll see you tomorrow Kagome.”

“See you tomorrow. Bye every one.”

“Bye.” They all said at different moments.

Kagome left the gym with Inuyasha not far behind.

------------------------------------------------------------ ----------------------------

A/N: So I hope you guys and girls liked this chapter. Personally i liked this chapter. I’m so happy! And a bit hyper on chocolate and smarties! Too much sugar!! Don’t worry about me, my friends do enough worrying about my weirdness anyway. Please review and tell me what you think.