InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Broken Shadows and Hidden Secrets ❯ A Knight in Shining Feathers ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A/N: I’m really sorry for the delay in getting this chapter out.
One; my power continuously keeps going out. (I end up typing up a lot of this and forget to save!)
Two; I got lots of evil homework!
Three; My computer keeps kicking me off line and I can’t stay on long enough to post
But at least now you can enjoy the chapter and tell me what you think.

Disclaimer: Only own original, sorry...

Broken Shadows and Hidden Secrets

Chapter 10 - A Knight in Shining Feathers

(Just to let you know, I’m backing up time a bit to where Tahani was walking to the restroom after the rest of the gang took Kagome to the outside shopping area. Thanks!)

Tahani walked towards the restroom until the rest of the girls were out of her sight. She took a detour and went up the escalators to the area that over looked the outside shopping windows.

“Is there anything I can help you with Miss?” Asked one of the store clerks. Tahani turned around to face the voice.

“No, I’m just looking for my friends.” She replied trying to sound humble.

“Oh, Miss Saharu, I didn’t recognize you for a minute there. Sorry to bother you. I’ll be going now.” She turned nervously but she was stopped by a hand on her shoulder.

“Its fine. You know, you don’t have to be afraid. Why are you so nervous around me?”Her eyes turned from their normal intimidating dark purple to a soft, warm violet, affectively calming the young girl down a bit. “I never did learn your name.”

“I-its Dawn. I only work here as a temp but I have still seen what you can do. Like how you took down that guy last week that almost killed that school girl. He shot fireballs and energy balls from his hands, yet you took him out with no effort at all! Was..was he a demon?”

“Yes. His name was Arcon. He is someone that has been terrorizing and killing people for a long time.”

The clerk shuttered. “But you weren’t afraid to face him. A-are you a demon?”

“You already know the answer to that if you have seen me. I only aim to protect the innocents here. I don’t hurt anyone, human or demon, without a good reason.”

“I’m sure you don’t. I’m really glad that we got to have this talk, but I think that I should get back to work before I get fired.” She laughed then smiled.

“Of course.” Tahani said turning around slowly. Tahani’s usual stoic nature returned as the girl walked away.

Her dark purple eyes scanned the outside area in search of a familiar white raven.

~*~

“Oh my gosh! Sade, Tayor, come look at this!” Kagome called trying to point at the window she stood in front of while still balancing all of the shopping bags she already had.

The dress that she was pointing at was a red silk dress with a long silk sleeve on one side and a spaghetti strap on the other. At the bottom it was tilted to the left, looking from the front, and was wavy and light. The length was about a girls knee down then the tilt went all the way down to right before the ankle.

Tayor loved the dress as much as Kagome did but thought that it would look better if it was in a light blue. Tayor and Nahana shared the love of light sky blue and other light blues.

Sade liked the dress because it was her favorite color and was very pretty, but its not something that she would ever wear unless someone forced her to.

“That is one nice dress. I would wear it if it were a bit shorter and was blue.” Nahana thought aloud.

“You should get it Kagome.” Sade commented. “I think it would look nice on you.”

“I agree, Kagome.” Nahana added.

“Hey, what about me?” Tayor whined looking at it with big eyes.

“Tayor, red just isn’t your color.” Sade simplified giving a short laugh.

Tayor snorted then walked into the store with Kagome, Nahana, and Sade in tow.

~*~

Tahani, Inuyasha, and Ember returned to the group after a bit.

“Wow. We did all of that in only an hour. Its only twelve thirty!” Nahana exclaimed putting down her bags.

“I could have these put in storage until we are ready to leave, instead of having you carry it around all day. Or I could have it brought to your shrine.” Tahani suggested.

“That’s okay. I can carry them. Inuyasha is actually being a big help today and carrying some of the bags for me.” Kagome looked cheerfully at the struggling hanyou. “What, are those too heavy Inuyasha?” She teased.

“No! I just can’t see where I’m walking anymore! I think you should take up the offer if you plan on buying anything else, ‘cause I’m sure as hell not carrying anything more!” Inuyasha retorted.

“Alright then. It looks like you can have it your way Tahani.” She giggled at the look on Inuyasha’s face as he put the bags down. Relive and thankfulness rested for a few seconds until he saw a strange bird.

“Hey, Kagome? What’s that? It looks like a white crow.” Inuyasha asked.

“I think that it is.” Kagome half asked and half answered.

“It’s a raven.” Tahani stated plainly, still walking. Everyone had stopped walking except Tahani and Ember who was barking.

“Is that Avion, Karra?” She asked holding Inuyasha’s shopping bag in her mouth.

“What did she say?” Kagome whispered to Inuyasha.

“I don’t know. I can’t understand her anymore.” Inuyasha was confused as to why he could talk to her earlier.

“Is it!?” She asked again impatiently.

“Yes it is, Ember.” Tahani absently answered. “Inuyasha. Please grab Kagome’s bags and follow me.” She ordered more then requested.

“All of them!?” Inuyasha asked in disbelief.

“Did I stutter?” She asked still walking.

“Do you have anywhere to stash your stuff?” Nahana asked Tayor and Sade as she watched Inuyasha try to catch up to Tahani with all of Kagome’s bags.

“I can always put our stuff in my car.” Sade offered.

“I think that would be best. My ride wouldn’t fit all of this stuff.” Tayor shrugged.

“Okay. We can go put our stuff there now. I think that we can get back before they do. Can you stay with Kagome, Nahana?”

“Sure. Tahani has all of my stuff. Kagome and I will stay around here for a bit. If we aren’t here when you get back, you know I have my cell.”

“That’s fine with me.”

Sade and Tayor walked off toward the parking lot with their shopping bags in hand, leaving Kagome and Nahana in the middle of the outside shopping area.

“Lets go!” Nahana cried, grabbing Kagome by the wrist and pulling her along.

“Where are we going?” Kagome asked trying to catch her breath.

“More shopping!” Nahana cried again excitedly.

~*~

“Where are we taking all of this stuff?!” Inuyasha asked gruffly, narrowly avoiding bumping into the people he passed. He still couldn’t see over the shopping bags and was becoming aggravated at how long it was taking them to get there.

“Just shut up will you!” Ember snapped.

“Oh, so now you talk to me.” He said sarcastically.

“Do you have a problem with that!?”

Inuyasha just grunted in response.

“We are almost there.” Tahani stated in her neutral tone.

“Its like your walking me in circles!” Inuyasha complained. Matter of fact, she really was. She was trying to buy a bit of time for Nahana and Kagome. Why she had no idea, but if Avion, or rather Kyle, were to show up, Inuyasha could not be around to stop it.

‘You don’t know how right you are. ’ Ember thought as she stared at the food court for the fifth time. ‘If he hasn’t noticed that we’ve past this place four, no five times, then he is really stupid, or his mind is on something, or someone else. ’ Ember continued to muse as she looked back at Inuyasha. His eyes were so distant that Ember thought that he would trip over something at any minute.

~*~

“Can you hurry up?! Please! Seirra can walk faster then you run, and she’s in a wheelchair!”

“Oh, will you just shut up Sade! Your being a pain in the ass!” Tayor snapped.

“Hey, that’s my job!”

“No its not. And I surly hope that you don’t piss Tahani off at all. I don’t even want to catch the short end of it.”

“I don’t think its possible today. Did you see how stoic she is? She seems so focused on something. Its almost as if she isn’t even there.”

“Some times, that’s a good thing.”

“And what was it that you talked to Tahani about last night? I mean in front of Kagome, Inuyasha, and I?”

“Why do you care?”

“Because, Tayor, you know that I hate being in the dark about anything that involves me.”

“You don’t even know if it even involves you.”

“Yes it does. If it involves my friends, then it involves me.”

“I just told her that Ember didn’t want to talk to her by a mind link and rather talk in person to Tahani.”

“Did you find out why Tahani even wanted to talk to Ember?”

“Maybe,”

“Tayor!” Sade warned.

“Fine. She wanted to know if Ember would take care of her pets.”

“The Dragons and the wolf cubs? Why? Did she say?”

“All she said is that she and Nahana are going to return with Kagome to the feudal era.”

“What!?”

“Not permanently. She said that she was going to travel back and forth once and a while with Kagome.”

“So she is leaving us?!”

“Sade you should be the first to understand. Think it through. The Feudal era is where she belongs. This was most likely her soul mission in the first place.”

“Are you okay?”

“Why? I’m fine.”

“I think you hit your head some where. If not, what have you done with our Tayor?”

“What?” Tayor was really confused at this point.

“The Tayor that I know never looks that deep into anything. There must be something wrong if you can think this much without getting a headache.”

“Hey!”

“That, and why is it that you can talk to Ember now?”

“Why is it that you always change subjects after you insult me?”

“Habit I guess.” Sade shrugged opening the door to the drivers seat of the car when they arrived. She pushed the button that popped the trunk then turned to pick her bags back up. “You always seem to be able to do a lot of stuff I can’t. I even train more than you do!”

“Do not!” Tayor protested.

“Oh, stop acting so childish. You and I both know that you only train when you are forced to by Tahani.”

“So what?! I’m a fast learner!”

“Whatever.” Sade shrugged, putting her bags, along with Tayor’s into the trunk.

“What are we going to do after this?”

“Stay the hell away from the outside shopping area and storage area?”

“Sounds like a good idea, but what are we going to do? I mean, are we going to get lunch? Hit a few more stores? What?”

“All I know is that we have to stay away until we are called. Beats me on what to do until then.” Sade answered closing the trunk door. “Lets go.”

~*~

“Oh Kagome, come look at this.” Nahana said staring at a miniskirt outfit.

“That looks nice.” Kagome commented not really paying attention.

“You should try it on Kagome.”

Kagome’s face flushed when she saw what Nahana was talking about. “N-no I-I don’t think that I-I could wear something like that.” Kagome stuttered.

“What, is it too short?”

“Y-Yes.”

“Its not as long as the dress that you got from Tahani but its not that bad.”

“To you maybe. I’m sorry but I can’t picture myself wearing something like that.”

“Oh well,” Nahana sighed. “I guess we can go look over at the other stores? Do you want to?”

“Sure.” Kagome answered quickly and rushed out of that store. Nahana giggled at her embarrassment. Only more would come out of this day.

~*~ (I think that I’m changing scenes too much. Oh well. This time I’m fast forwarding it. Its still with Kagome and Nahana though.)

Kagome had about four shopping bags that were pretty small. She was actually having a lot of fun here. They had spent most of their time in the outside area and Kagome wanted to see the inside. It was starting to get unseasonably cold and Kagome was wearing a miniskirt and a tank top. She hadn’t thought that the weather was going to get this cold in the middle of the summer. Okay almost the end of the summer but hey it still shouldn’t be that cold out.

Nahana had left for a few minutes to head to the bathroom, and Kagome was now waiting alone.

Kagome spotted a small bench near the middle fountain, where people through their extra change for good luck. Not many people were around, so she was almost all alone. She didn’t know this place very well because she didn’t have any time to. She was either cramped with school work when she was here, in her own time, or she was back in the feudal era with Inuyasha, fighting for her life.

Kagome looked around for a moment then saw that Nahana was still not here yet. She started to walk over to the bench when she felt her foot hit a rock then twist to the ground. She braced herself for the impact, closing her eyes tightly and her hands out to stop her fall...but...it never came. She landed on something that was soft yet firm.

She opened her eyes with a confused look on her face. Well, at least until she saw shining sapphire eyes starring up at her.

“Are you okay?” He asked. His voice was an alto tone and was very soft.

Kagome, reluctantly, tore her eyes away from his then she blushed furiously as she realized how close the were.

“Y-yeah. I-I think so. I’m so sorry.” She apologized. He helped her off of him and sat her on the ground. As he got up, he put his hand out to help her up.

“Its fine.”

“Are you okay?”

“As long as you are then so am I.” He replied so sincerely. She took his hand smiling and tried to stand up, only to fall again and hiss in pain. This time he caught her and set her on the bench. “What’s wrong?” He asked looking at her ankle.

“Oh its nothing. I must of twisted my ankle, it should be fine in a little while.” She said rubbing it. ‘This guy actually cares. And he’s so sweet at that. ’ Kagome thought taking in his appearance.

He was wearing a black muscle-T shirt under a dark green jacket with baggy blue jeans. His hair was a dark blue-black in a high ponytail with only some of his bangs hanging over his forehead. He wore a golden wrist watch on his left wrist and a silver-gold ring on his right pinky finger.

In a way, he kind of reminded her of Kouga, with his high ponytail. Also his eyes were a similar blue, even though this guy’s were sapphire and Kouga’s were just blue. That was when she realized something. She didn’t even know his name!

“Oh, by the way... my name’s Kagome.” She said a little shyly.

“How rude of me? I’m so sorry. I’m Kyle, but you can call me Kairu.” (Key-ru in pronunciation, it just means Kyle in Japanese.) He bowed. Small pointed teeth that looked like fangs stuck out a little as he stood up smirking at her.

Kyle and Kagome talked for a while until she could stand on her ankle.

~*~

“You stupid bitch! What do you think your doing!?” A guy yelled at Ember, who was currently eating a few pastries that she took from him. “Dogs aren’t even allowed in here! Get away from my food!” He was about to kick her when Tahani came around the corner.

“I really advise you not to kick my dog Mr. O’Connell.” Tahani’s stoic voice rang through his ears.

His eyes widened after seeing the young girl and guilt took over quickly. Trying to defend himself and recover, he stuttered. “I-I’m so sorry Miss Saharu! I didn’t know that was your dog. I should have though, because its so well groomed!”

“Stop lying to me Mr. O’Connell. I’m sorry that my dog took your food, but do not try to harm her. She can easily tear you apart, but will only do so if she is ordered to by me, or she feels that I am being threatened or that she is in danger. Ember come.” She ordered. Ember waddled over to Tahani dragging the box of pastries with her. She now stood in front of Inuyasha, who was looking on in amusement.

Mr. O’Connell was in his thirty's, well over Tahani’s age, yet he still was afraid of her for some reason. Inuyasha wanted to find out why but guessed that if he did, then it might not be that good for him. ‘Maybe its when she gets mad she hurts people. Or that they’ve heard about something that I haven’t. I can’t think of any other reason why someone would be afraid of her. ’ He thought, watching Tahani walk up to the shaky old man.

Tahani removed her hand out of her pocket and jerked her fist towards the guy. He flinched and closed his eyes tight, thinking that he would be hit, but the impact never happened. Her arm was straight out, and her fist was down turned. Something was in her hand that she was going to give to him.

“Take this.” She said as he reached out to grab whatever fell from her hand. She released the bundle of green paper from her fist and watched it fall into his out stretched hand.

“What’s this for?” He asked in a whisper, looking at the ball of money in his hand.

“It’s twenty dollars. You can replace whatever my dog ate.” She said walking away, with Ember and Inuyasha following.

“But this is more then enough.”

“Keep the rest.” She walked out of his sight.

“Thanks.” He mumbled under his breath.

~*~(I’m ending here because its getting too long, and it’s some time past midnight, I think, and I’m friggen tired!)

A/N; Again, I’m sorry that this was late but at least it was long. Hopefully I can get on line long enough to post the next chapter. PLEASE REVIEW!!!