InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Broken ❯ Broken ( One-Shot )

[ A - All Readers ]

A/N: I broke down and started yet another one-shot. This one-shot has started on Feb.2, 2005. By the time I finish this it will probably be a whole month. I plan to perfect this one-shot since I don't I will be making anymore one-shots after this one. I have to focus on my other fics too. `The Blossom and The Wolf' is not even half way done, `Angels of Light, Angels of Darkness' isn't even a quarter done, and ` Crossing to the Other Side' isn't done either. I plan to finish them all by May. Or sooner, since I graduate in June. I hope to get all those upcoming stories out that I promised. Well, here is the one shot.
 
Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha, nor do I own `Broken' by Seether feat. Amy Lee.
 
Broken
By Step of Faith
 
 
It was just another day for Kagome Higurashi. Stop the alarm, get up, take a shower, put on clothes, eat, and head to school. While at school, she was known as the girl with the most captivating voice. No one knew the real Kagome though. Except for her friends, Miroku Houshi, and Sango Takahashi. They were all seniors this year, and they wanted to go out with a bang!
 
As Kagome walked down the high school hallway she noticed a flier asking for singers to tryout for a part in a band. She didn't know who was offering it, but she was interested.
 
She walked up to her best friend during lunch, “ This is it! Sango, I'm going to be famous!”
 
Sango looked at her with her eyebrow raised up, “ What exactly do you mean by that?”
 
Kagome flashed the flier in Sango's face. “ Read it! It's exactly where I should be right? You always said I had a voice that might make it to stardom.”
 
“ Whatever you say, Kags. I'll go with you to this tryout, but don't say I didn't warn you. I said that you might make it to stardom with your voice, didn't say you had to do it.” Sango said waving a fry in front of Kagome.
 
The next day Kagome had started to prepare for the tryouts. `Hmmm, should I sing something popular? Like Michelle Branch or Christina Aguilera? Or maybe the more modern rock type like Hoobastank?'
 
Whatever it was going to be, it was going to be great was what Kagome was thinking. The tryouts was in two days and she hopes that she'll make it.
 
Sango had came over to Kagome's house that night. “ Kagome, you don't have to do this you know. I mean, you could just go to a regular talent show.”
 
Kagome popped her head out from her doorway. “ Yea, but I really want to tryout.”
 
Sango shook her head, “ Geez Kag, why don't you tryout for American Idol already!”
 
Kagome laughed, “ Ha ha, very funny Sango. But we're Japanese.”
 
“ Who cares, you have the best voice in this entire audition. Let's just make you the American Idol.” Sango tried to imitate Simon Cowell's voice.
 
Both Sango and Kagome laughed to that. “ Okay Simon, but my English isn't good.”
 
Just then there was a song that was not played on the radio before. “ Hey Sango? You heard that song before?”
 
“ No I haven't, Kagome. Must be new, wonder who sang it.” Sango wondered.
 
As if they're questions were being answered, the Radio DJ said, “ That was Evanescence's New song, “ Breathe No More” from their album `Anywhere but Home'
 
Kagome and Sango looked at each other and smiled. Kagome loved Evanescence and that's what she will be singing for the tryouts. Now, if she only had those lyrics and music.
 
“ Okay Kagome, I can get the instrumental music from Miroku, he has loads of stuff at his place. You can get the lyrics from online.” Sango said.
 
Kagome nodded. Sango went home for the night and they both thought of how cool the tryouts were going to be.
 
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++< /div>
 
Somewhere in Tokyo, a boy in a recording studio was looking at the flier that he had his band members post everywhere. He was hoping his best friend would pick the right person for this.
 
Just than the phone rang. “ Hello?” asked the boy.
 
“ Inuyasha?”
 
“ Yea.”
 
“ I think I have the perfect voice you are looking for. You will have to wait till the auditions though. I was told not to tell you who this person is yet. Since I am supplying the music for that persons' song.”
 
“ Can you at least tell me if it's a girl or a boy?”
 
“ It's a girl. Don't worry, you won't be sorry.”
 
“ I'll trust ya. See ya, Miroku.”
 
“ See ya.”
 
Inuyasha hung up the phone. Who ever this girl was, her voice better be good. He didn't want to listen to a bunch of horrible voices.
 
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
 
Soon the day of the auditions came. Kagome was not phased one bit.
 
Sango was running towards Kagome's house at a speed of light. “Kagome! You're not going to guess who else is trying out for the spot!”
 
“Who?” Kagome asked, curious, of course.
 
“ Kikyo Manamori.” Sango said.
 
Kagome's eyes widened. “ There is just no way that slut can make it! For goodness sakes! She can't sing.” Kagome said.
 
Sango nodded. “ Okay Kagome, you got the song down right?”
 
“ Yup, I have it with me. Thanks to Miroku.”
 
“ Good. Let's get going then.” Sango said, getting her keys.
 
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 
At the tryouts, not many were there. Just a few girls and a couple of guys. Only one's that got on Kagome's nerves was Kikyo and her friend, Jerrie Minoyoshi. They were both sluts at the school.
 
Inuyasha then came through the door. “ Okay, it's nice to see only a few people here. I will call you in the order that you signed up. First up is Hojo Borelous.”
 
Kagome was shocked to see Hojo trying out. He had a decent voice, but she didn't think he was stardom material.
 
Within a few short seconds, Inuyasha was back out calling the second person, which was Jerrie. `Okay, Jerrie had a nice voice, but she's a slut…who would want a slut on a band?' Kagome thought.
 
Kagome was waiting patiently by the door. She was nervous now that she had been the last one to sign up. Well, Miroku had told her too. Sango was right next to her trying to hold Kagome up.
 
“ Kikyo Manamori? You're up.”
 
Let's go see what she'll be doing…hehehe.
 
“ Okay Kikyo, what will you be singing?” Inuyasha asked.
 
“ I'll be singing, Crush on You.” said Kikyo.
 
Inuyasha nodded and told her to start.
 
Kikyo took a big breath and, “ YOU MUST HAVE HEARD IT FROM MY BEST FRIEND!”
 
Inuyasha had to cover his ears. He pointed the door to Kikyo. She huffed out her chest and did a little preppy humph.
 
Than after about 3 more people, it was Kagome's turn.
 
“ Okay Kagome, you're my last chance. What will you be singing?”
 
“ I'm going to be singing `Breathe No More' by Evanescence.” Kagome said.
 
Inuyasha told her that was a nice choice. He has not heard anyone sing his kind of songs yet, Evanescence was sort of his choice.
 
She began:
 
I've been looking in the Mirror for so long.
That I've come to believe my souls on the other side.
Oh the little pieces falling, shatter.
Shards of me, To sharp to put back together.
To small to matter,
But big enough to cut me into so many little pieces.
If I try to touch her, And I bleed,
I bleed, And I breathe,
I breathe no more.”
 
Kagome had sung that beautifully to Inuyasha ears. He had his girl…I mean, singer. (cough)
 
“ Looks like I have my singer. Welcome to the band Kagome Higurashi. I'm Inuyasha Tetsusaiga. I have a band with Miroku Houshi, Kouga Ookami, and Shippo Tanuki and we always can use another drummer.” Inuyasha said, looking at Sango as well. Kagome and Sango both smiled.
 
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>& gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ;>>>>>>>>>>
 
The band was really doing well. It had about 3 gigs since they had Kagome as a singer. But not everything was good to last. Since they were all seniors and were going to graduate, the group had a decision to make.
 
Sango and Miroku had decided that they wanted to go for their Bachelor's Degree in the Performing Arts, so they left the band. Kouga had found a girl named Ayame at a college so he decided to join her. Shippo was actually a sophomore so he concentrated on his school work. Kagome and Inuyasha decided to stay together and keep on going with the gigs and shows.
 
Yup, not everything was what it seemed. True that they all remained friends, but sometimes you got to go for what you want. Inuyasha and Kagome did just that!
 
It took them about six months and twelve days, but they believe that they have written a song and composed a song that will bring back the band together.
 
“ Okay Kagome, run it by me one more time.” Inuyasha said getting his guitar.
 
Kagome stood up to go to the piano. “ I don't see why we got to keep practicing this song. I mean, we've been through this song for at least a million times.”
 
Inuyasha walked towards Kagome and put his arms around her shoulders. Yup, they're together now. Been an official couple since the band had split. “ Kags, you want the band together or not? Don't you want them to know what we've become?”
 
Kagome always loved Inuyasha nuzzling, but it was becoming to addicting. She pulled away and swatted at him. “Okay, okay, just one more practice. Than you're taking me home.”
 
Inuyasha chuckled and kissed Kagome on the head. He went back to his guitar.
 
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++< /div>
 
“ A new rising duo is making it's first debut on February 22, 2005! They are known as `The OuTkAsT' Tickets go on sale starting, December 10, 2004, at $25! You don't want to miss this!” was broadcasted throughout the entire college that Sango and Miroku was at.
 
` Could it be? Nah, they wouldn't just go on without us, would they?' wondered Sango. Miroku was having the same thought.
 
They looked at each other and laughed. Since the two went to college together, they decided to go out and stuff. Now they are expecting a baby! (^_^ Baby? Already…oh well lol)
 
They bought tickets to the concert. They were curious as to who `The OuTkAsT' was.
 
The same thing was going on through the minds of Kouga and Ayame, so they bought tickets as well. Shippo wasn't allowed to go, but was going to watch it on television.
 
Let's hope Kagome and Inuyasha is doing the right thing by trying to bring back the band. Maybe they just want the gang to be together once more. We'll find out at the concert.
 
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
 
February 22nd came and to tell you the truth, Kagome was nervous. She really wanted to see her friends again, but she wasn't ready to show her voice out to almost all of Japan.
 
Inuyasha looked through the curtains. “Come on, Kagome. It's about to start.”
 
Kagome nodded and gathered up her courage. She walked through the curtain and sat down on a stool. She was wearing a black top with a long white skirt. She had black wings on her back as well.
 
Inuyasha got his guitar set up and sat down at the stool he supposed to be at. He was wearing a red shirt, with the words, ` Bite Me!' on it. He was also wearing black leather pants. Oh yea, very sexy I would say.
 
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
 
As many gathered into the hall. Only a few actually got to have the close as hell seats. Sango, Miroku, Kouga, and Ayame all had seats in the front row.
 
As soon as all the chairs were filled, and the clock turned 6:00pm. The lights dimmed and all was dark.
 
Kagome was just mumbling some strange words to herself, and Inuyasha was praying not to make a wrong chord.
 
They looked at each other and nodded. This was something they were waiting for, for the longest time. Now, they finally get to show it. Oh, how Miroku, Kouga, Shippo, Sango, and Ayame would be surprised.
 
The curtains arose and the smoke stuff (excuse my lack of words lol) filled the bottom of the stage. Then a faint wind sound filled the air, then a soft guitar sound followed.
 
The stage showed a boy sitting on a chair where the background was a desert looking land. There was a car that was badly damaged and a house burned down to the crisp.
 
The guitar sound got louder and you can see Inuyasha using his fingers to pluck the strings.
 
There was only Inuyasha on the stage at that time. Kagome was to come up on stage as soon as the chorus came out. Right now, she'll have a beautiful view of Inuyasha backside. ( Lol, I had to add that in there.)
 
Kouga, Miroku, Sango, Ayame, and Shippo (at home) was all listening to the song. It was really different from what they used to sing and play.
 
Inuyasha lifted his head up to look at where they were sitting. His mouth opened and he started to sing.
 
“I wanted you to know
That I love the way you laugh
I wanna hold you high and steal your pain away
I keep your photograph; I know it serves me well
I wanna hold you high and steal your pain.”
 
When he said `photograph' the big screen in the back showed a picture of the whole gang together.
 
The whole gang was surprised. They all thought the same thought. ` Is this song about us?'
 
The chorus came, and Kagome appeared through the smoke. Inuyasha and Kagome both sing the chorus.
 
“ `Cause I'm broken
When I'm lonesome
And I don't feel right
When you're gone away.”
 
Inuyasha plays his guitar and sings the one line that came after the chorus. “ You're gone away, you don't feel me here anymore.”
 
Everyone was in awe when they saw Kagome and her wings. They thought she matched with black wings. She held up her microphone in her hand and walked over to Inuyasha.
 
“ The worse is over now
And we can breathe again
I wanna hold you high, you steal my pain away (both Inu and Kag)
There's so much left to learn
And no one left to fight (both sing this line)
I wanna hold you high and steal your pain.”
 
Inuyasha stands up from his stool and walks towards the edge of the stage, while Kagome looks like she was an angel lost in the world.
 
“ `Cause I'm broken, when I'm open
And I don't feel like I am strong enough
`Cause I'm broken, when I'm lonesome
And I don't feel right when you're gone away.”
 
Inuyasha started his guitar solo while Kagome moved the audience with her dance moves. The guitar started slowing down telling Kagome it was time to sing again.
 
“ `Cause I'm broken, when I'm open
And I don't feel like I am strong enough
`Cause I'm broken, when I'm lonesome
And I don't feel right when you're gone away.”
 
After that breakthrough, Violin and Viola players came onto the stage and gave spark to the song. It caused the audience to applaud. Then Kagome stood next to Inuyasha and kissed him whole heartedly on the lips before he started playing his guitar again.
 
Oh yea, the crowd was worked now. Kagome and Inuyasha started singing together once more, but with power.
 
“ `Cause I'm broken
When I'm lonesome
And I don't feel right
When you're gone away.”
 
Then Kagome slowly fades into the smoke leaving Inuyasha standing by himself next to the mic.
 
“ You're gone away, you don't feel me here anymore.”
 
The drums slowly fade, as well as the guitar. Inuyasha takes a bow when Kagome comes back on. He took the microphone and spoke.
 
“ I'd like to thank everyone for supporting us while we were working on this song. This song was called Broken. It is dedicated to the band that we once were. Miroku Houshi, Sango Takahashi, Kouga Ookami, and Shippo Tanuki. This goes out to you.”
 
Kagome took the mic from Inuyasha. “ We're lost without you guys. The band needs to stick together.”
 
Then Inuyasha took back the mic and said, “But first, I'd like to say that Kagome Higurashi has been the best girlfriend a boy could ever ask for. Now, I am willingly and confidently going to ask her something that I hope she doesn't say no. Kagome Higurashi, light of my life, will you do me the honor in marrying me?”
 
Inuyasha opened up a jewelry box with a beautiful princess diamond cut ring.
 
Kagome couldn't believe her eyes. She started to tear up. “ Yes, Inuyasha Tetsusaiga, I would gladly marry you for you are my star in my life. I love you.”
 
Inuyasha took Kagome around the waist and swung her around and kissed her fully on the lips. “ I love you too, my Kagome.”
 
Everyone from the front row, Kouga, Ayame, Sango, and Miroku stood up and walked towards the stage.
 
They got up there and hugged Kagome and Inuyasha. They promised to forever stay together.
 
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
 
7 months later…
 
Well, after the gig, Kagome and Inuyasha didn't do anymore. They were much to busy with their lives.
 
They went to Kouga and Ayame's wedding 3 months after the show. Then they went to Miroku and Sango's wedding a month later.
 
Sango and Miroku now have a baby girl named Yuriko Houshi. She is now a month and a half old.
 
As for Shippo, well, he got to get out of high school early. He graduated as a junior. He is now going to go to University of Tokyo on a scholarship.
 
Kagome and Inuyasha have started on their wedding plans. Their wedding date is set for July 15, 2006. Guess where they will be holding their wedding.
 
(Lol…) Their wedding will be held at the same hall that Inuyasha proposed at. Strange isn't it?
 
Well, there you have it. A mixture of love, music, comedy and a hint of everyday life. Who knows what will happen to them in the future, but I do know that there will be something going on.
 
-The End-
 
 
A/N: Okay, well there you go. Lol…it's not something that I liked, but well….I love that song lmao. This has been the first time I wrote a one shot this long lol. It's about 10 and