InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Brother's Keeper ❯ I Know We're Siblings, But... ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Brother's Keeper
 
Chapter 4
“I Know We're Siblings, But…”
 
“Sota, what on earth are you doing here? How did you get here?” Kagome demanded. He struggled to give an answer as his sweater was causing him to suffocate. “Inuyasha, drop him,” Kagome said. Sota fell face first into the ground, spitting and coughing out dirt as he got up. “Yeah, just what are you doing here, you little pipsqueak?” Inuyasha asked as he kicked Sota's head back into the ground.
 
“OSUWARI!!!” Kagome shouted. Inuyasha slammed into the ground headfirst. “Welcome to my world, kid,” he said to Sota while both of them were still lying on the ground. Sota got up and brushed off his clothes before he finally could give an answer. “I'm sorry. I just had to come. It's just not fair that you get to have all these great adventures with Inuyasha, and I never get to join in on the fun.” Sota explained.
“You took one of the Shikon shards from me, didn't you? Sota, there's a reason why I keep telling you that you can't come with me. It's too dangerous for you to be here,” Kagome explained.
“So how come it's too dangerous for me, but not for you?”
“It is too dangerous for me as well. But I have a reason to be here. You're just here out of jealousy.”
“Can you blame me, though?”
Kagome started to speak, but stopped herself, realizing she'd be jealous if it was the other way around, “No, I guess I can't blame you.”
“Besides, sis, you know who much I admire Inuyasha.”
 
Shippo and Miroku were both surprised by this. “Inuyasha? You have someone who admires you?” Miroku asked. “Yes, and he won't stop,” Inuyasha said annoyed.
“And why should I?” Sota asked as he grabbed and hugged Inuyasha on his hips, “He's like a big brother to me!”
“Sota, can I be your brother too?” Shippo asked with big puppy eyes.
“Sure you can,” Sota answered. This made Shippo really happy. Sota laughed as Shippo climbed onto his shoulders. “And what's your name, little buddy?”
“My name is Shippo, and this is Miroku,” Shippo answered.
“Ah, so you're the pervert?” Sota said with a smug look on his face. Miroku was at a loss for words. “Kagome, what have you told him?” Miroku asked, more angrily with every word that went through his lips. “Nothing that isn't common knowledge,” Inuyasha answered for Kagome.
 
Kagome was touched by the relationship Sota and Shippo just made, as they continued to play. But she was still angered that her little brother disobeyed her. “Cheer up, Kagome,” Miroku said. “He hasn't caused any trouble. Would it kill you if he spent just one day with us?”
Kagome realized he had a point. Maybe it is best that he stay here, she thought to herself, but only to get this out of his system. Then he's going straight home! For now, I'll just have to swallow my pride.
Inuyasha marched up to Kagome and demanded to know why Sota was staying with them. “Are you crazy? I can't stand being within a hundred feet of him! You've absolutely lost it this time…”
“OSUWARI!!!” followed by a huge thud. “Remember, you idiot, I have to live with him,” Kagome said.
Kagome then walks on top of Inuyasha's back so she can check up on Sota. “Sota, can I have a talk with you?” she asked.
“Sure, Kagome,” said a perplexed little boy. They went to find a quiet place where Kagome could explain the situation to her brother.
 
Kagome started the conversation, “Sota, I know that you've been wanting to come here for a very long time.”
“Of course I've wanted to come. You know how much I love to be around Inuyasha,” Sota replied.
“Well, I hate to break it to you, but you are not welcome here in this time.” Sota gasped at such a bold statement.
“You can't treat time travel like it's a way to take a vacation. This is not a place for child's play.” Kagome looked into Sota's eyes and realized that she had absolutely destroyed her little brother's feelings. “I'm sorry. I didn't mean to…” Tears started to well up in Sota's eyes. He made no attempt to hold them back. He pulled Kagome's white blouse and started to cry on her shoulder. He eventually cried himself to sleep, and Kagome was left alone to think about what she had just done.
===============================================================
Be sure to visit “Mind Reader” by Elves_Existee
 
Remember the 3 R's: Read, Review, and Recommend