InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Camping in the Rain ❯ When Wishes Come True ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Disclaimer: The characters of InuYasha are not mine; they are property of Rumiko Takahashi, Shogakukan, Yomiuri TV, Sunrise, and Viz. The following story is for entertainment and not profit.
When Wishes Come True
Kagome looked back over her shoulder for what felt like the hundredth time. They were being followed, she was sure of it, but she couldn't figure out by what. If she were in the feudal era with Sango, Miroku and Inu Yasha she would have said it was a demon, but she wasn't. She was hiking up to a secluded lake to have lunch with Yuki, Ayumi and Eri, her best friends from school.
Their tent had been soaked by the all night downpour, but with morning came the promise of dryer weather. Yuki had suggested a picnic by the lake with the hope that everything would be dry when they returned. The others had thought it was a great idea, so Kagome had agreed also, even though it was nearly all she did in the feudal era and this was suppose to be her weekend off.
As they settled down to eat, Kagome fought to ignore the feeling of being watched, but it was becoming unnerving. She needed to know if there was really something there, or if she was just going crazy. Claiming she had forgotten something in the tent, she excused herself and headed back toward the camp. As soon as the others were out of sight she saw `him,' one hand resting on the grip of his sword, the other, still missing.
His voice rolled over her like distant thunder, “Miko.”
As he moved across the space between them she realized which it was; she had finally gone crazy.