InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Can't help falling in love with you ❯ One-Shot

[ A - All Readers ]

Summary: Songfic to the song “Can't help falling in love with you” by Elvis Presley. Long live the king! Kagome tries to keep herself out of love with Inuyasha but its not working.
Disclaimer: Just being on fanfic in the first place should tell you I don't own it.
 
 
Can't Help Falling in Love with You
 
Wise men say only fools rush in
But I can't help falling in love with you
 
Kagome ran faster and faster though the forest. You'd thing after all the times she'd seen them together, she wouldn't have fallen in love with Inuyasha. But she had. And the consequence of a broken heart was almost more than she could bear.
They hadn't been doing much; just talking. But the fact that he had run off just to be with Kikyo- it hurt a lot. If she hadn't have had a job to finish, she would've gone home a lot earlier. But the Jewel was complete - she no longer needed to stay. She stopped at the edge of the well and looked down into it.
 
Shall I stay
Would it be a sin?
If I can't help falling in love with you
 
What if she couldn't get back? Kagome sat down on the edge of the well and sobbed into her hands. When had her life gotten so complicated? How did she let herself fall in love with someone who could never love her back? It just wasn't fair.
`But why not?' a voice in her head asked. Kagome mentally groaned.
 
`Go away! This is your fault.'
 
`Newsflash, I'm you, remember? If it was my fault, you are just blaming yourself.'
 
`Why did this happen to me? Why did I deserve this?'
 
`What you deserved was love and happiness. There was nothing wrong with falling in love with him. It's not a crime punishable by a broken heart.'
 
`B-but what do I do?'
 
Tell him! Stay here! If you leave, and aren't able to come back, you'll die of loneliness. Stay, stay!'
 
`I just don't know.'
 
As a river flows surely to the sea
Darling so it goes
Some things are meant to be
 
A pair of amber eyes watches as the love of his life sobbed her heart out, then seemed to have an argument in her head. Inuyasha sighed. She had obviously seen him and Kikyo together, and it hurt her - bad. The ironic part was that he was telling Kikyo that he refused to go to hell with her, because he was in love with Kagome. But he didn't think she loved him. But now - now he wasn't so sure. If she didn't love him, why the tears? Fate had brought them together. True love broke the spell- and now true love was becoming apparent.
She was meant to love him, or she couldn't have freed him. He was meant to love her, or he wouldn't have vowed to protect her. They were soul mates.
Inuyasha silently walked up behind Kagome and wrapped his arms around her waist. She stiffened, then relaxed into him.
“Inuyasha?”
 
Take my hand, take my whole life, too
For I can't help falling in love with you
 
Inuyasha turned Kagome around so she was facing him and placed his hands on her shoulders. Looking deep into her eyes he said, “ Would you like to know what I said to Kikyo? I said `Kikyo, I am very sorry, but there is no way I can go to hell with you. My life has a meaning and a purpose, and I can't give it up.' I do not belie I ever loved her. Kagome, I've loved you ever since I first saw you. We were meant to be. Will you do me the greatest honor of my life and become my mate?”
Kagome stared at him with a shocked expression, unable to say a word. She stared into his eyes looking for any trace of a lie. Finding none, she said, “Inuyasha, I would love nothing more then to be your mate forever.”
His eyes shining with joy, took her hand and said, “My love. My joy. My mate. You are mine forever.”
 
As a river flows surely to the sea
Darling so it goes,
Some things are meant to be
Take my hand, take my whole life too
For I can't help falling in love with you
For I can't help falling in love with you